Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That website have any reputation for legitimacy?

If that's true, well at least it's not another Death Star, but does speak to the terrified reversion to past canon that was to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Big bucket of meh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    pixelburp wrote: »
    That website have any reputation for legitimacy?

If that's true, well at least it's not another Death Star, but does speak to the terrified reversion to past canon that was to be expected.

They have 90% accuracy on their scoops over all the new films. They’re almost never wrong. They’re really the only site you can trust for rumours and leaks. They don’t publish unless they can confirm from a few sources.

They have a piece up about the final scene and it doesn’t fill me with confidence at all. It could be incredible on screen but reading the description it sounds like a really bad book from the old EU. They don’t have all the details and they admit that though but it relates to the

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

They have 90% accuracy on their scoops over all the new films. They’re almost never wrong. They’re really the only site you can trust for rumours and leaks. They don’t publish unless they can confirm from a few sources.

For those of us who don't use social media, what's the website?

For those of us who don't use social media, what's the website?

Makingstarwars.net
    That’s the site. I just linked to their main guys twitter. Sorry.

They’re in this game far longer than any of the BS nonsense you see on YouTube or anywhere else.

Some of the big scoops they had long before each films release
    They had Han dying, they had Snokes reveal, they knew Luke wasn’t gonna be in the film hardly at all, they had Vader appearing in Rogue one.
    Also tons of the story elements and smaller stuff.

They’re rarely if ever wrong. Which I why I hate myself for not being able to cut them off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Makingstarwars.net
    That’s the site. I just linked to their main guys twitter. Sorry.

They’re in this game far longer than any of the BS nonsense you see on YouTube or anywhere else.

Some of the big scoops they had long before each films release
    They had Han dying, they had Snokes reveal, they knew Luke wasn’t gonna be in the film hardly at all, they had Vader appearing in Rogue one.
    Also tons of the story elements and smaller stuff.

They’re rarely if ever wrong. Which I why I hate myself for not being able to cut them off
    Thanks. I hate spoilers, so may not be the site for me, but I'll have a snoop around for non-spoilery stuff.

Thanks. I hate spoilers, so may not be the site for me, but I'll have a snoop around for non-spoilery stuff.

Definitely avoid it in that case. But have a look back through their archives in the run up to any of the new films. They’re bang on everytime.
    Pretty sure they must have direct info from Lucasfilm and they just make it vague enough. It builds hype in its own low key way

I’ll take their reports any day over comic book news or mike zeroh who clearly blatantly Make stories up just to increase traffic and click revenue

Avoid any and all of those sites

• Registered Users Posts: 18,342 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Its not a new speculation but is there anything to "time travel" being a thing in this movie?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Its not a new speculation but is there anything to "time travel" being a thing in this movie?

Loads of rumours about flashbacks. Nothing credible in time travel being in it.
    Again, that was a story from click bait sites.

Loads of rumours about flashbacks. Nothing credible in time travel being in it.
    Again, that was a story from click bait sites.

flashbacks seem more reasonable, its harmless speculation either way

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    silverharp wrote: »

The current speculation about time travel seems to come from Red Letter Media's Episode 9 prediction video.

Oh god.

It’s a piss take site that runs controversial videos about many fandoms for clicks. Clicks mean money. Money they make.

Cementing the idea that there’ll be endless amounts of people that watched this video, then see the film. Then complaining ‘I was told there’s gonna be time travel! This film sucks!’

Rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Then complaining ‘I was told there’s gonna be time travel! This film sucks!’

Rinse and repeat

haha who the feck thinks like that? and who goes to a Star wars movie only because they heard it might have time travel in it? :confused::pac:

BTW, That you David? :p

nix wrote: »
    haha who the feck thinks like that? and who goes to a Star wars movie only because they heard it might have time travel in it? :confused::pac:

BTW, That you David? :p

Ah you know how it goes. Went down a YouTube rabbit hole recently people complaining about endgame. Apparently there’s videos complaining about every sort of franchise. Complaint videos are good revenue stream. See Gemma o Doherty haha.
    David? No? That name has no meaning for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh god.

It’s a piss take site that runs controversial videos about many fandoms for clicks. Clicks mean money. Money they make.

Cementing the idea that there’ll be endless amounts of people that watched this video, then see the film. Then complaining ‘I was told there’s gonna be time travel! This film sucks!’

Rinse and repeat

That's daft, there's no 'endless rumours', and they'll die the moment another trailer comes out, and the film is only months away, with the marketing drive properly kicked off.

As to RLM, the video's nothing but pure speculation between two confessed super-nerds: RLM do have their 'Plinkett' reviews that are píss takes, but to be fair everything else they do is on the up & up and devoid of cynicism. And TBH I share their jaded cynicism towards Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Venom wrote: »

If ever there was a couple guys who need to step away from their pc's and video games and get some fresh air and exercise...

And christ that guy on the right has a seriously annoying voice and even worse laugh.

Yes, 'cos clearly everyone here, debating rumours about an upcoming Star Wars movie, are pillars of health & fitness ;)

py2006 wrote: »
    If ever there was a couple guys who need to step away from their pc's and video games and get some fresh air and exercise...

And christ that guy on the right has a seriously annoying voice and even worse laugh.

They make a shitload of money from what they do. They're not stepping away from anything just yet. ;)

Yes, 'cos clearly everyone here, debating rumours about an upcoming Star Wars movie, are pillars of health & fitness ;)

Here you! My body's like a temple, right... :mad:

1.jpg

• Advertisement

That's daft, there's no 'endless rumours', and they'll die the moment another trailer comes out, and the film is only months away, with the marketing drive properly kicked off.

As to RLM, the video's nothing but pure speculation between two confessed super-nerds: RLM do have their 'Plinkett' reviews that are píss takes, but to be fair everything else they do is on the up & up and devoid of cynicism. And TBH I share their jaded cynicism towards Star Wars.

As Tony just mentioned, RLM and a great many others while MO is to make money when it comes down to it.
    They kicked off this whole time travel idea and a million outlets and other YT channels picked up on it and ran with it.
    It’s damaging in that it sets up expectations and spirals out into other outlets putting their own mad ideas on it.

It’s an entire industry on yt to be fair

Then the blame to me lies with the morons who broadcast something clearly meant as a joke (I watched the vid, the whole segment is like listening in on two guys riffing at the pub TBH). Besides, I guarantee 90% of the potential audience aren't watching YouTube gossip sites, their influence is overestimated, much like the 'influencer' industry in general.

In any case, I don't begrudge YouTube channels from making money either: these things take time & resources after all. I just don't rate RLM as chancers or disingenuous peddlers; think I've said before, but their 'Best of the Worst' series belies the genuine love & enthusiasm they have for film & Z-movies.

Then the blame to me lies with the morons who broadcast something clearly meant as a joke (I watched the vid, the whole segment is like listening in on two guys riffing at the pub TBH). Besides, I guarantee 90% of the potential audience aren't watching YouTube gossip sites, their influence is overestimated, much like the 'influencer' industry in general.

In any case, I don't begrudge YouTube channels from making money either: these things take time & resources after all. I just don't rate RLM as chancers or disingenuous peddlers; think I've said before, but their 'Best of the Worst' series belies the genuine love & enthusiasm they have for film & Z-movies.

Maybe not them but this happens on these channels all the time. They set up all these expectations with fake ‘leaks’ etc and then hammer down assaulting the film and everyone involved when it doesn’t pan out that way after release.
    It’s happened with the marvel films and the last star war. It’s an industry.

And it’s not about whose watching the videos. You regularly have ordinary media like the express in the UK publishing ‘reports’ from youtubers like mike zeroh as confirmed leaks from Star Wars. He’s literally sitting in his room making up nonsense leaks and makes three or four videos a day about them.
    If you added up all the ‘leaks’ he has for this new film, the film would be about 9 hours long.

And nobody seems to recall not one single leak he had for last jjedi was in the film. Not even one. *except the stories he plagiarised from making Star Wars

I like the lads on that channel. I think their acerbic humour suits me and I often agree with their point of view, not only on the state of modern cinema, but also their opinions on older films too and yep, 'The Best of the Worst' can be great.

Some people tend to automatically not like them because of the Plinkett reviews of the prequels, but as far as I'm concerned those reviews were bang on the money.

Now there are other sods on YouTube, whose channels are just clickbait whinges, like Worldclass Shitbags (or whatever they're called) that lure people in with lurid titles. But, the thing is don't click on the bleedin videos...and they'll eventually change tack or just go away. But as long as people keep clicking, they'll keep making videos.

That awful thing aswell. If you stumble onto one of those videos just once,
    Whatever way the algorithm works you’ll get nothing but recommendations for videos like it. And it’s always the worst type of everything imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

RLM are excellent in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

I see click bait Zeroh churning out multiple ‘scoops’ every day. If they’re all accurate (including the 1,000 or so he still has to release) then the movie must have a runtime of of about 5 hours.

Anyway, best to try and avoid these spoiler sites for the next few months. I like many of you have watched these movies since 1977 and I’m looking forward to seeing how Abrams wraps up the story, as well as hearing John Williams’ final Star Wars score.

After 40+ years, I certainly don’t want this final chapter ruined/spoiled by the likes of Zeroh or similar a@#holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    Wedwood wrote: »
    I see click bait Zeroh churning out multiple ‘scoops’ every day. If they’re all accurate (including the 1,000 or so he still has to release) then the movie must have a runtime of of about 5 hours.

Anyway, best to try and avoid these spoiler sites for the next few months. I like many of you have watched these movies since 1977 and I’m looking forward to seeing how Abrams wraps up the story, as well as hearing John Williams’ final Star Wars score.

After 40+ years, I certainly don’t want this final chapter ruined/spoiled by the likes of Zeroh or similar a@#holes.

Strange the only way you can see as*holes like that is by looking for them in fairness.
    Disney did a good job of spoiling the last two films on their own.
    star-wars-royal-mail-postage-porg-process.gif

I am sure Abrams will give us plenty of original ideas for this new film that is one thing he is known for.

star-trek-into-darkness-kirk-death-spock-chris-pine-zachary-quinto-review.jpg

Well, Abrams has a little bit of help from the man that ruined so many childhoods.

1etvzd.jpg

Think there’s loads of cgi in the force awakens. I can’t pick out a shot that was obvious cgi though and done badly. As with the prequels. Which was obvious bad cgi all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Strange the only way you can see as*holes like that is by looking for them in fairness.

Oops, I’ve upset a spoiler it seems.🙊

Regarding your earlier post, Abrams is the new Spielberg, just as Spielberg was the new Hitchcock. (For younger viewers, Hitchcock was known as the master of suspense, Spielberg inherited that mantle after Duel/Jaws/Close Encounters).

Spielberg turned down Return of the Jedi, so in a way we’ll finally get to see a ‘Spielbergesque’ conclusion to the saga.

Advertisement