Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^
    Absolutely none of that comes across in the films.

I can’t Unread the books but there is enough hinted if it’s a theory you can consider possible.

We know from the movies that It was a prophecy that was misread. Qui Gon was the one who came up with the idea that the force just made Anakin, is it that crazy that Sith magic manipulated the force to create Anakin? And if you factor in what Palps says to Anakin about Plagieus experiments and the way Palpatine was manipulating the entire galaxy with cloaks and daggers, it’s perfectly plausible to presume he might of tried to create life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    I didn’t notice at first.

But it’s just been pointed out that imperial fleet in the trailer. All the lights are off on all the destroyers.

Could be the plucky rebels take over the fleet to fight the first order?

That bit at celebration after they showed the trailer and were all reeling form hearing Palpatines laughter at the end. And mcdiarmaid coming out an in the emperors voice

Roll it again

Just so brilliant. Would have loved to have been there.

When I hear the Palp laugh at the end I was jubilant. I understand others wanted something else but I’m all for embracing nostalgia and the return of Palpatine. Actually makes the movie more relevant to me as I wasn’t really that excited about the final of the trilogy. I’m not that I interested in new characters, so I am all for bringing back ones I like if they can’t make new ones relevant to me. Don’t care if the entire movie is about Palpatine, I hope he’s been manipulating everything again. But , that’s cause I give Papa Palpatine my vote! :pac:

Drumpot wrote: »
    When I hear the Palp laugh at the end I was jubilant. I understand others wanted something else but I’m all for embracing nostalgia and the return of Palpatine. Actually makes the movie more relevant to me as I wasn’t really that excited about the final trilogy. Don’t care if the entire movie is about Palpatine, I hope he’s been manipulating everything again. But , that’s cause I give Papa Palpatine my vote! :pac:

Couldn’t agree more. There was a brilliant all too short thread on twitter the other day outlining how it it’s palpatine all the way through running the show. Mind was melted after reading it.

The Music - during this moment when Rey is up in the air you can hear a clear play of Palpatine's theme. @Christy_Carew can say more

This is horrifying & Snoke has complete control over Rey but the real power and menace of the moment if from Palpatine.
    https://youtu.be/BOOD26I49VM?t=111

https://twitter.com/wtforceshow/status/1167093371875160064
    https://twitter.com/wtforceshow/status/1167097861256859650
    https://twitter.com/wtforceshow/status/1167100121705672704

TLDR - Snoke is an unknowing tool of Palpatine.

Symbolically he represents the Emperor in so many ways he is Sidious' Mask - Palpatine is now all phantom menace

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't think Disney have been that interested in story since the 80's. To quote Michael Eisner:

It should come as no surprise that a film company wants to "make money", but what that's the "only objective", other elements are going to suffer.

In fairness, from what I've read of the man, Eisner was a collosal prick. I'd not emphasise his point of view too much.
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Joker might challange that. Logan and Deadpool have also done it of late. But that’s adult themed movies to be fair. I’d love an R rated sith movie!

This is my hope too; it's a big swing and an experiment and I hope it pays off, creatively as well as financially. The only caveat with small budget Star Wars is that it's much hard to shoot a smaller budget SciFi film than what amounts to a 70s crime thriller.

• Advertisement

‘His fate will be the same as ours’ Anakin to Palpatine when he wanted to save obi wan.

Obi wan dies on the Death Star
    Palpatine dies on the Death Star
    Anakin dies on the Death Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    In fairness, from what I've read of the man, Eisner was a collosal prick. I'd not emphasise his point of view too much.

I can't say that I think too much of his protege, Bob Iger, either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't say that I think too much of his protege, Bob Iger, either.

Nor I, but I guess in the pantheon of Hollywood executives, it's a question of they all being pricks, with some bigger than others (Eiger, Weinstein etc)

Star Wars has an entire story group and story strategic team. It’s nonsense to say they don’t care about story.
    It can be argued the merits of spreading the story across films books comics video games are questionable. Personally I like the wide spread approach even if I don’t engage in it. I just take the bulletin points when they appear to add to the canon.
    But to say they don’t care about story is entirely untrue.

Drumpot:)

https://twitter.com/wookofficial/status/1167894284185391104?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Pretty amazing if it all turns out to be Plagesious's story after all.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Pretty amazing if it all turns out to be Plagesious's story after all.

That would be mad. But I’d love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

whats your favourite Luke Skywalker quote lol

https://twitter.com/MasterLionheart/status/1167926032776613889

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Oh boy. ‘The ending will put you all away’

https://twitter.com/terrymatalas/status/1167857066691592192?s=21

That's the second time someone has said the ending is going to be something really special (the first being Kevin Smith).

That's the second time someone has said the ending is going to be something really special (the first being Kevin Smith).

Exciting right? And from the maestro. Can’t wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Oh boy. ‘The ending will put you all away’

https://twitter.com/terrymatalas/status/1167857066691592192?s=21

There is only one being powerful enough to blow us all away

giphy.gif

OMG I hope Palpatine wins, that would be absolutely epic.....

It might be gammy fanboi AF but I just don’t see how you have Palpatine in this without Anakin turning up.
    I’ll squeal my bloody head off in the cinema. It’s really all I want from this film.

Really need to read the revenge of the with novelisation. It’s way more detailed.

The tangled web of fault lines in the Force he had seen connecting Anakin to Obi-Wan and to Palpatine was no more; in their place was a single spider-knot that sang with power enough to crack the planet.
    “You’re following your destiny, Anakin,” said a familiar gentle voice. “The Jedi are traitors. You saved the Republic from their treachery. You can see that, can’t you?””

“You were right,” Anakin heard himself saying. “Why didn’t I know?”

“Corruption has made the Republic a cancer in the body of the galaxy, and no one could burn it out; not the judicials, not the Senate, not even the Jedi Order itself. I was the only man strong and skilled enough for this task.”

• Advertisement

The more I think about it, the more I think the title of the new film refers to Anakin. Leah is alive in this film, Luke had his moment in TLJ, and Rey isn't a Skywalker.

If Kylo redeems himself in this movie, which is likely I think, and Snoke is dead, that leaves the Emporer as the villain. Seems quite fitting that the only person able to defeat him in this film is the person who was able to defeat him previously.

Plus, "no one's ever really gone."

I think it refers to Anakin too. Or I hope it does.

Revenge
    Return
    Rise

The first two refer to him. So...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think there's room for General Hux to be a bigger badder part of how things end in this,
    Domhnall Gleeson has all the mannerisms of an on screen villain would love to see him cutting down at least one major character in an on screen battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Hey... We never found out who Anakin's father is. What if Palpatine is the baby daddy???

Of course he's not, Lucas has nothing to do with these movies

Making Star Wars have a huge amount of details on the story. It’s going around on twitter.
    Careful what you open if you don’t want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

:eek: Fan made:
    The Teaser Trailer from Star Wars Celebration Chicago combined with the Special Look from Disney's D23 Expo.

Venom wrote: »

They’re taking the piss out of the collider crew.

Maybe they aren’t assholes after all

Probably not important Lucasfilm posted this today. But

https://twitter.com/crismoviecorner/status/1168231527664291840?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

They’re taking the piss out of the collider crew.

Maybe they aren’t assholes after all

Some folks at collider might disagree with that statement!

Advertisement