Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    Well he’s going to die.
    The question will then be yeah but how do we know he’s really dead this time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I couldn't be less excited for this film. The trailers have done nothing for me. It reminds me of Star Trek into Darkness in which Abrams just rehashed what he already did in Star Trek 2009 with a few tweaks here and there. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

[QUOTE=Stop moaning ffs;111842364how do we know he’s really dead this time?[/QUOTE]

They'll have to make sure his ring is destroyed:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I couldn't be less excited for this film. The trailers have done nothing for me. It reminds me of Star Trek into Darkness in which Abrams just rehashed what he already did in Star Trek 2009 with a few tweaks here and there. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm the same. I think it's the way the trailers are really driving home this forced emotional intensity I simply don't share. To the point where I'm genuinely unsure I'll see this in the cinema, and just wait for home release (though that probably won't happen haha )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm the same. I think it's the way the trailers are really driving home this forced emotional intensity I simply don't share. To the point where I'm genuinely unsure I'll see this in the cinema, and just wait for home release (though that probably won't happen haha )

Yeah, a lot of it feels unearned (Threepio referring to Rey et al as his friends when he hardly knows them) and repetitive (we already got an ending in ROTJ). I can't see myself skipping it at the cinema but I may wait until the new year.

• Advertisement

Well he only knows Luke and Leia 4 or 5 years by the end of jedi. And this is 3 or 4 years tfa to this one. We’re bringing our 40 years attachment into it maybe?
    The baffling thing is to make 3PO the focus when R2 has always been the core of the story.
    Just see how it’s handled. They’re doing a bait n switch here. Lucas always planned for R2 to be the one telling the story a hundred years later. I’d say we’re being mislead here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I couldn't be less excited for this film.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm the same.

I think a huge number of people feel the same way. A lot of them will still go and see it anyway.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I think a huge number of people feel the same way. A lot of them will still go and see it anyway.

Really hope they don’t. But they will. This will still make more money than the middle chapter and they can’t miss out seeing Star Wars in the cinema even if it’s to complain about it for years after. Then you’ll see the Solo effect all these numbskulls who boycotted it and then wishing they’d seen it in the cinema.

Couldn’t care if it makes no money at all. Just don’t suck. It’s all about the new channel now anyways. They have the director for the next Star Wars and aren’t announcing until next year. Kennedy’s leaving by her own indication in that rolling stone interview. The mouth breathers will just switch their internet rage to whoever takes over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney

You are wrong Star Trek into Darkness is nowhere near as bad as this thing is going to be.

You are wrong Star Trek into Darkness is nowhere near as bad as this thing is going to be.

Youve seen it? Lucky duck

I hear it had loads of agenda politics and sjw waffle.

You’ll be in your element :)

• Advertisement

Youve seen it? Lucky duck

I hear it had loads of agenda politics and sjw waffle.

You’ll be in your element :)

The most interesting thing about this film is the mess behind the scenes.

Leaks have been going on for months and most have been confirmed.

$300 million spend on reshoots and different cuts of this movie.

Colin Trevorrow the fired director of this movie leaked it on twitter that Sidious was never planned for Disney trilogy.

Half the audience was meant to have tried to walk out of a test screening and they were told they would not get their gift cards if they did.

Audience was meant to have burst out laughing when Ray stopped the Emperors ass.
    Kylo Ren falls down a pit never to be seen again.

Lando Chewbacca C3PO and R2D2 all die when the Falcon is destroyed during the space battle between the reborn rebels the Sith Empire and the First Order and lets not forget the space horses.:rolleyes:

Ray granddaughter of Palps adopts the name of Skywalker and steels Lukes old house in the final scene of this film.

Palpatine gives order 67 and his new fleet bursts up out of the ice ocean.:rolleyes:

Do I believe these leaks no but we know Disney are now proven to be telling pokies.

The Mandalorian 3 episodes in is really good so far so there is hope for Star Wars but let us not kid ourselves the Disney trilogy has been a total mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah, a lot of it feels unearned (Threepio referring to Rey et al as his friends when he hardly knows them) and repetitive (we already got an ending in ROTJ). I can't see myself skipping it at the cinema but I may wait until the new year.

Has 3PO even had any interaction with the new cast? I felt he was seriously underused in the new movies and apart from speaking to Leia, he seemed to be mostly in the background. If that scene had of been more him just saying goodbye to R2, it would or worked much better and actually felt touching.

Well he only knows Luke and Leia 4 or 5 years by the end of jedi. And this is 3 or 4 years tfa to this one. We’re bringing our 40 years attachment into it maybe?
    The baffling thing is to make 3PO the focus when R2 has always been the core of the story.
    Just see how it’s handled. They’re doing a bait n switch here. Lucas always planned for R2 to be the one telling the story a hundred years later. I’d say we’re being mislead here.

3PO had major on screen interactions with every member of the original cast except for maybe Lando in the original films so its a tad more than just fan attachment to be fair.

Leaks have been going on for months and most have been confirmed.

$300 million spend on reshoots and different cuts of this movie.

Colin Trevorrow the fired director of this movie leaked it on twitter that Sidious was never planned for Disney trilogy.

Half the audience was meant to have tried to walk out of a test screening and they were told they would not get their gift cards if they did.

Audience was meant to have burst out laughing when Ray stopped the Emperors ass.
    Kylo Ren falls down a pit never to be seen again.

Lando Chewbacca C3PO and R2D2 all die when the Falcon is destroyed during the space battle between the reborn rebels the Sith Empire and the First Order and lets not forget the space horses.:rolleyes:

Ray granddaughter of Palps adopts the name of Skywalker and steels Lukes old house in the final scene of this film.

Palpatine gives order 67 and his new fleet bursts up out of the ice ocean.:rolleyes:

Do I believe these leaks no but we know Disney are now proven to be telling pokies.

The Mandalorian 3 episodes in is really good so far so there is hope for Star Wars but let us not kid ourselves the Disney trilogy has been a total mess.

It’s order 66. Not 67.

Please I’d love to watch the YouTube you undoubtedly got the rest of these amazing leaks from.
    Dying to know what happens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

It’s order 66. Not 67.

Please I’d love to watch the YouTube you undoubtedly got the rest of these amazing leaks from.

The rumour is in the upcoming film Palps gives order 67

It’s order 66. Not 67.

The leak says he gives order 67 in The Rise of Skywalker.

This is good Star Wars arrives just in time too.

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-12-59.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-12-05.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-11-38.png

The rumour is in the upcoming film Palps gives order 67

He enacted operation cinder in case of his death. Burn all of it. Empire and rebellion.
    They’ve written entire books around it. Which youtubers have fun running riot with for click revenue. I’m fairly sure they’ll make a balls of this but I’m wouldn’t believing anything whatsoever off YouTube like our friend here.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

He enacted operation cinder in case of his death. Burn all of it. Empire and rebellion.
    They’ve written entire books around it. Which youtubers have fun running riot with for click revenue. I’m fairly sure they’ll make a balls of this but I’m wouldn’t believing anything whatsoever off YouTube like our friend here.

Not saying i believe any of the leaks as such, but i am expecting it to be a retconning train wreck. It's JJ after all.

I do hope Palps gives order 67 thou, it's so egregiously stupid it would be hilarious.

This is really good Star Wars even if The Rise of Skywalker is the mess we are all worried about this gives me hope for the future of the franchise.

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-32-07.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-33-21.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-35-09.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-36-04.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-37-28.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-40-08.png

Screenshot-2019-11-23-at-22-39-52.png

Venom wrote: »
    Has 3PO even had any interaction with the new cast? I felt he was seriously underused in the new movies and apart from speaking to Leia, he seemed to be mostly in the background. If that scene had of been more him just saying goodbye to R2, it would or worked much better and actually felt touching.

He hasn't even had much screen time with R2D2 for gods sake. :pac: He's only there to act as some sort of conduit to the better films, just like the rest of the original cast. Used, abused and then discarded.

Sure, even the new cast are a shambles. Somebody had to even tell Rian Johnson that Poe and Rey should meet in 'The Last Jedi'. Two films in and the main fucking cast hadn't met fully.

A "mess" is too polite a word for this whole thing.
    Venom wrote: »
    3PO had major on screen interactions with every member of the original cast except for maybe Lando in the original films so its a tad more than just fan attachment to be fair.

Lando was never really a major cast character in the originals anyway. He was a secondary figure. Personally never got all the fuss about him myself.

• Advertisement

Like most of the problems with this trilogy, Poe and Rey not meeting until the end of TLJ was JJ's fault. Johnson probably wanted to imply they had met off-screen before Trevorrow requested that moment. They apparently met in the TFA novel and the story group would have told Johnson that. Poe was originally meant to die and like Luke, the knights of Ren, Rey's parents, Snoke, and a million other things, JJ figured sure the next guy can figure it out. He then proceeded to end TFA in such a way as to tie Johnson's hands. The TFA script was rushed and being re-written on the fly as is the norm with JJ's films so such issues are inevitable. It was not Johnson's job to make TFA better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

indeed , its been confirmed Jar Jar has just been making up sh1t on the fly for instance that Palps was never part of the plan of the original Disney trilogy. its fun watching the train wreck in slow motion

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Like most of the problems with this trilogy, Poe and Rey not meeting until the end of TLJ was JJ's fault.

Don't worry Prof, JJ doesn't get a pass from me either. :D

Williams finished Recording the score the other day. (But somehow the film is still being reshot? Not how it works lads). End of an era. He’s still well able to craft brilliant themes at his age. (93?) but I wonder is he truly done scoring after this? Rey’s theme Jedi steps and the spark are comfortably among his best in Star Wars. But he did a lot of blending of old themes in TLJ. Hope he still has one or two new ones to join the list? Even senor speilbergo turned up

https://twitter.com/masonsteel2k/status/1197784304484405248?s=21

https://twitter.com/scoringsessions/status/1197592128349601792?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Williams is now 87, amazing to think he’s done all 9 Saga movie’s soundtracks, spanning 42 years.

Looking forward to adding this to the soundtrack collection.

Wedwood wrote: »
    Williams is now 87, amazing to think he’s done all 9 Saga movie’s soundtracks, spanning 42 years.

Looking forward to adding this to the soundtrack collection.

Along with the special theme for order 67.:D

Along with the special theme for order 67.:D

CG where did you get the screenshots from the mando? I’d love one of the LBY looking out into from the cockpit into space :)

Ps wtf is order 67?

Dying to know.

Never mind. Found the article

“ Potential massive spoilers have landed online for Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker which offers the movie may be worse than previously thought.”

Yeah you need to stop reading bullish!t clickbait to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Nothing new, just a puff piece

• Advertisement

McDermotX wrote: »
    Nothing new, just a puff piece

Loads new. I never seen most of that. That was a trailer for the ‘here comes the super deluxe roxette boxset. ‘ I’ll buy it. On dvd.

Advertisement