Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    Clip. In before the ‘Why doesn’t she just pull them outta the sky with the force? She’s all powerful n all?’

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Clips? Did they release clips for VII and VIII? Not to indulge in tea leaf gazing, and declare panic in the Mouse House, but that feels odd.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Clips? Did they release clips for VII and VIII? Not to indulge in tea leaf gazing, and declare panic in the Mouse House, but that feels odd.

Think they did? Really short tho. Featured on good morning America first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    CG where did you get the screenshots from the mando? I’d love one of the LBY looking out into from the cockpit into space :)

I could tell you but then I would have to shoot you.:D

Anyway the image you asked for.

Screenshot-2019-11-25-at-13-50-52.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Clip. In before the ‘Why doesn’t she just pull them outta the sky with the force? She’s all powerful n all?’

I won't miss these characters.

• Advertisement

I could tell you but then I would have to shoot you.:D

Anyway the image you asked for.

Screenshot-2019-11-25-at-13-50-52.png

You’re a Star thank you!!

Just reading this morning Disney are now pulling gifs of the baby offline all over the web. . Barndoor closed. Horse long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Looks deadly, seen the first film in 77 in screen 1 in the Savoy with my older sister, now the circle will be complete.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"They fly now?"

Oh FFS sake. Hope that's an isolated quip.

Looks deadly, seen the first film in 77 in screen 1 in the Savoy with my older sister, now the circle will be complete.

Well the movie franchise has died and so has screen 1 here take a look.:D

Screenshot-2019-11-25-at-14-22-58.png

Screenshot-2019-11-25-at-14-20-07.png

Is that it now???

God that’s awful.

Screen one was just the best. Such a shame they did that

• Advertisement

One good thing about this film our expectations are so low if the thing is actually good we will all be in for a great surprise.

I do hope they pull off something decent for this.

The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were not up to much lets be honest.

Solo was pretty meh however Rogue One was really good so who knows.

Well the movie franchise has died and so has screen 1 here take a look.

Yeah I was in it, planning to see it in Screen 1 in the Lighthouse, much better cinema, loved Last Jedi so cant wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Going back some time!
    Curious, if you can remember, did a new hope have an intermission or was that done with by then?

Is that it now???

God that’s awful.

Screen one was just the best. Such a shame they did that

Now come on it has an interesting shape to it.:D

At the back of the room you can see the walls of the new screen 11 and 12 pushing in to give a back row with two seats.

For the price of two tickets you can have the whole back row to yourself.:D

Saw an amazing picture somewhere of the interior of the savoy when it first opened and it was palatial. And had only one screen with 3000 seats. It looked truly amazing.

Such a shame looking at that now

Saw an amazing picture somewhere of the interior of the savoy when it first opened and it was palatial. And had only one screen with 3000 seats. It looked truly amazing.

Such a shame looking at that now

Savoy_Cinema_auditorium_%281929%29.jpg

a6c5bccb77a1958bdbb1a386af0de428.jpg

BxwyEmdCUAAc9Nj.jpg

Wrong 2900 seats I can not let you away with 100 I mean that is most of the seats in the new screen 1.:D

Haha. Ok.

Wow. Look at that. So beautiful.

-** thanks for sharing the pics.

Haha. Ok.

Can not imagine that balcony working these days the scrotes would be throwing stuff onto the people below.:D

Being serious yes it was amazing.

No, only much longer films had intermissions because the projectors couldnt fit them on one reel. I seem to remember the 78 animated LOTR did when I saw it in the Ambassador in I think 1980.

No, only much longer films had intermissions because the projectors couldnt fit them on one reel.

The last film I remember having an intermission in savoy was dick Tracy. The one with Madonna?
    But I appreciated it coz the color pallete was really garish and I had a headache from it.
    God I don’t know what even year that was. Early 90s?

• Advertisement

The last film I remember having an intermission in savoy was dick Tracy. The one with Madonna?
    But I appreciated it coz the color pallete was really garish and I had a headache from it.
    God I don’t know what even year that was. Early 90s?

Licence to Kill 1989 I remember an intermission on Savoy 1.

Lucky the movies are on hard drives these days because if they had to change the reel for The Last Jedi I think the projectionist would say the hell with this.;)

-** thanks for sharing the pics.

Haha. Ok.

Theres is a new book called Irish Cinemas a Pictorial History that is well worth a look, it says that 280000 people went to one film in 1948 over its 6 months run (cant remember film) and that Educating Rita had the longest run ever, 13 Months. Great pics for those who remember the Carlton, Adelphi, old Lighthouse in Dublin etc.

Licence to Kill 1989 I remember an intermission on Savoy 1.

Lucky the movies are on hard drives these days because if they had to change the reel for The Last Jedi I think the projectionist would say the hell with this.;)

Saw the Last Jedi premiere in savoy. If you heard someone shouting ‘what??’ When Luke chucked the saber away, that was me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

on a side note I remember seeing Ace Ventura 2 there and it had an intermission.

Alrighty then...

DrumSteve wrote: »
    on a side note I remember seeing Ace Ventura 2 there and it had an intermission.

Alrighty then...

Did you stay for the 2nd half?:D

AVWNC.jpg

pixelburp wrote: »

A solid structure is built on a solid foundation.

This thing is built on The Farce Awakens and The Lost Jedi.

If this film is going to be bad it might lead to better films down the road.

The first 3 episodes of The Mandalorian are really good better than any of the Disney films so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

One good thing about this film our expectations are so low if the thing is actually good we will all be in for a great surprise.
    Despite the loud noises in this thread, not everyone has low expectations. I'm very much looking forward to this - as are the next generation of fans who live in my house.

Dades wrote: »
    Despite the loud noises in this thread, not everyone has low expectations. I'm very much looking forward to this - as are the next generation of fans who live in my house.

I hope it is good I really do.

This is John Williams last film I hope he gets to score a hit.

Two things from JJ on American tele this morning.

One of the cast left the script under a hotel bed. A cleaner found it. Gave it to someone and it was up on eBay. Disney got on it and had it back within hours. I’d say the clown who put it on eBay has some serious legal issues incoming.

Also This

https://twitter.com/winterdameron/status/1198965868778131457?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Under a bed haha.

Not the brightest. Now I know why Nolan locks his potential cast in a room to read a script that they can't take home.

Advertisement