Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Clip. In before the ‘Why doesn’t she just pull them outta the sky with the force? She’s all powerful n all?’

Not too impressed by that clip, but my kids will love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    Under a bed haha.

Not the brightest. Now I know why Nolan locks his potential cast in a room to read a script that they can't take home.

Come to think of it. He didn’t reveal which cast member it was.

I wonder are they in trouble with Disney?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Come to think of it. He didn’t reveal which cast member it was.

I wonder are they in trouble with Disney?

I'm sure there was a bollicking involved.

I'm sure there was a bollicking involved.

Definitely. Can’t have been recently either. He said in that interview the film is finished and work completed. So a while back I’d say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    Definitely. Can’t have been recently either. He said in that interview the film is finished and work completed. So a while back I’d say.

Revenge of the Jedi?

• Advertisement

Revenge of the Jedi?

Haha. Imagine :)

Here’s that full interview. Cool that they’re finished. Tfa was still being tinkered with hours before it was released

https://twitter.com/gma/status/1198962112590053377?s=21

Bendemption incoming. But Terrio does sound like he knows what he’s doing with kylo at least.

Chris Terrio on Kylo Ren.
    "He's the son of two heroes...Clearly his having done what he did to his father is something that doesn't go away.His kill the past mantra is him not wanting to look back. it's too painful. That's part of what we explore in this movie"

"I love writing for this guy.Partly because I feel like his inner conflict is a relatable thing...His temper tantrums and his inability to control himself, his joining the Knights of Ren and leading them -clearly this guy is looking for some meaning and connection"

Adam Driver:"From my first meeting with JJ about Star Wars,he told me the overall arc for Kylo's character. He didn't know how the three movies would end at that point, but by the start of the third movie,he had explained a journey that was an exciting idea for me to think about"
    A testament to JJ and Chris Terrio's writing on this one, i think, is that how Kylo's journey has evolved isn't explained in text, but hopefully it's felt"

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

If you’ve already been convinced that the movie is going to stink, then you should probably reconsider buying tickets. I’m dreading the thoughts of being surrounded by adults moaning all the way through the movie because they’ve spent the last year believing the likes of Zeroh with his ‘scoops’ criticizing a movie he hasn’t seen.

It was a family popcorn movie back in 1977, it’s a family popcorn movie in 2019.

If you want something more serious, Mandalorian is there for you.

Wedwood wrote: »
    If you’ve already been convinced that the movie is going to stink, then you should probably reconsider buying tickets. I’m dreading the thoughts of being surrounded by adults moaning all the way through the movie because they’ve spent the last year believing the likes of Zeroh with his ‘scoops’ criticizing a movie he hasn’t seen.

It was a family popcorn movie back in 1977, it’s a family popcorn movie in 2019.

If they turn up and admit all the bulls hit they believed and posted as fact from YouTube and clickbait nonsense I say let them own it.

They won’t though.

But if you really think the perpetually aggrieved on boards will miss an opportunity to moan endlessly and baselessly about Star Wars and rage based on *their opppiinniiiiooon* you have another thing coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

In the context of the sequel trilogy, Force Awakens is not a bad film. Im a fan of JJ and Im looking forward to the TROS to see how he works with the sh*t show that he was left to pick up. The last jedi was muck. I would have liked for JJ to maybe do all three films tbh considering how everything has gone. Im looking forward to seeing more of the knights of ren. I hope that they are involved in the storyline or the plot.

As pointed out in many star wars forums, Im interested in how they are going to handle the situation that surrounds Fisher having passed before filming. I was not bothered in the slightest by the CGI Leia in rogue one as it was such a short scene that didn't require much. The one thing I do not want to see is a Leia going full 2 pac hologram like a Coachella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wedwood wrote: »

9/10 vloggers on YT are hacks with a clear cynical strategy to reign in certain types of people. Zeroh is worst of the worst I would be surprised if anyone took him seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

9/10 vloggers on YT are hacks with a clear cynical strategy to reign in certain types of people. Zeroh is worst of the worst I would be surprised if anyone took him seriously.

do you have a list to see who is in the 9 v 1? never heard of Zeroh but looking at his channel it does seem like there are way too many videos for there to be much of value

i wouldnt be so slating of independent content though, some of them have worked in the industry so they have a reason to be passionate about it plus the "access" media are clearly compromised and are just PR for the industry.
    You only have to look back at some of the dumspter fire movie flops over the last few years and chances are the better vloggers were on the right side.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

When you have the likes of zeroh and the fandom menace clowns using twitter to direct you to their YouTube channels where they spew bile and blatant nonsense to generate click revenue you’re going to find they get some traction.
    Then it takes actual movie journalists to remind people not to listen to them as here

https://twitter.com/petersciretta/status/1199089358713671681?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

141mins long, as opposed to the (never confirmed, but expected) 155mins.

Good, almost 15mins less pain......Bad, 15mins less time to salvage this trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Saw the Last Jedi premiere in savoy. If you heard someone shouting ‘what??’ When Luke chucked the saber away, that was me :)

Pretty sure I also said exactly that. Different cinema.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Pretty sure I also said exactly that. Different cinema.

I’ve come around to most of the film. I’ll never understand that decision though. Just have him hand it back to her and walk off.

Ugh. Can’t think on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

When you have the likes of zeroh and the fandom menace clowns using twitter to direct you to their YouTube channels where they spew bile and blatant nonsense to generate click revenue you’re going to find they get some traction.
    Then it takes actual movie journalists to remind people not to listen to them as here

https://twitter.com/petersciretta/status/1199089358713671681?s=21

So people you disagree with having links in their Twitter profile = bad but it's ok when this guy does it? Are you for real :rolleyes:
    Almost all the vids in the last few weeks on that dudes channel are promoting galaxy's Edge and other Disney related parks so that kinda puts into question how trustworthy this "actual movie journalists" opinions really are.

Venom wrote: »
    So people you disagree with having links in their Twitter profile = bad but it's ok when this guy does it? Are you for real :rolleyes:
    Almost all the vids in the last few weeks on that dudes channel are promoting galaxy's Edge and other Disney related parks so that kinda puts into question how trustworthy this "actual movie journalists" opinions really are.

Ah no I wasn’t at all loads and loads of brilliant content creators on YouTube. I’m subscribed to loads. I was just referring to the ones that make bank on attacking everything. Be it Star Wars or whatever is current. Look at the geeks and gamers channel for one example. Ranting against *everything* all the time. And they’ve tens of thousands of followers. So even lying and creating BS stories to create ‘outrage’ is lucrative even now.
    G&G created this fake story that people had walked out of screenings for rise of skywalker. Disney dont do test screenings on Star Wars. They just don’t. They do show Disney execs and their families and LFL staff and their families early. Are any of those people going to walk out of a film they actually worked on? Hardly.
    I just don’t listen to those people I’d rather listen to trusted outlets is all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Negativity sells on YouTube. Anecdotally or otherwise, creators have found that outrage or negatively slanted videos in the pop culture space get more views than positive ones. I'm not sure if actual studies have been done, but certainly single creators (like Jim Sterling in the gaming space) can attest to this preference of audiences for outrage and moaning. Screaming about SJWs or whatever latest affront to western culture has occurred in films, TV or whatever therefore gets the clicks.

I’d go to the dark side for daisy

https://twitter.com/gma/status/1199323818365341696?s=21

And it looks like we’re going to find out who lost the script :)

https://twitter.com/gma/status/1199320002605699079?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

There is a want/ need for SW to either fail or be excellent by fans on both sides of the argument but what I notice is that any well-known SW YouTuber who provides updates/news or feels strongly about the direction on SW and voices their opinion is near always met with those who erratically disagree and are outraged by their opinions or reporting. Seem to provide a large amount of details which amount to nothing. Grifters, I believe the term is. They then post sources, tweets and things like that which they believe to be the whole truth when it holds no weight atall.

I’d go to the dark side for daisy

https://twitter.com/gma/status/1199323818365341696?s=21

And it looks like we’re going to find out who lost the script :)

https://twitter.com/gma/status/1199320002605699079?s=21

I think the whole Script left under a bed and Disney had to buy it back from Ebay, is just marketing BS. Mark Hamill has stated he had to read the TLJ script in a locked room and wasn't allowed to take it home. Yet now just a month from the movies release, the director and stars are talking about some "cleaner" that stole the script from an actors home and Disney had to buy it back before it got released on the net and no police were involved?

I think the whole Script left under a bed and Disney had to buy it back from Ebay, is just marketing BS. Mark Hamill has stated he had to read the TLJ script in a locked room and wasn't allowed to take it home. Yet now just a month from the movies release, the director and stars are talking about some "cleaner" that stole the script from an actors home and Disney had to buy it back before it got released on the net and no police were involved?

It was a hotel as far as I know? Not their home.
    Who knows.

There is a want/ need for SW to either fail or be excellent by fans on both sides of the argument but what I notice is that any well-known SW YouTuber who provides updates/news or feels strongly about the direction on SW and voices their opinion is near always met with those who erratically disagree and are outraged by their opinions or reporting. Seem to provide a large amount of details which amount to nothing. Grifters, I believe the term is. They then post sources, tweets and things like that which they believe to be the whole truth when it holds no weight atall.

Who’s your favorite YouTube SW news source?

I think most Star Wars fans weren't happy with TLJ and Solo to varying degree's but I really doubt they are hoping for the franchise to fail. The critics of the last two moives are cheering on the Mandalorian and looking forward to the return of the Clone Wars Obi Wan show. Until the film is out we won't know if the "leaks" are true but the leaks for the last Terminator movie were bang on the money when it came to the plot.

It was a hotel as far as I know? Not their home.
    Who knows.

JJ said in some interview it was taking from the actors "place" which seems to be a more home reference than a hotel one.

JJ said in some interview it was taking from the actors "place" which seems to be a more home reference than a hotel one.

It’s an odd thing to let the public in on I’m sure they wouldn’t have had it gone the other way and couldn’t get it back.
    The guy in question is in serious legal trouble now though

I think most Star Wars fans weren't happy with TLJ and Solo to varying degree's but I really doubt they are hoping for the franchise to fail. The critics of the last two moives are cheering on the Mandalorian and looking forward to the return of the Clone Wars Obi Wan show. Until the film is out we won't know if the "leaks" are true but the leaks for the last Terminator movie were bang on the money when it came to the plot.

The so called professional reviews are just studio shills.

The Last Jedi has 91% from the critics and 44% from the audience on RT.
    The media told us this was just trolls racists and man babies then Solo flopped hard.

People pointing out what rubbish the Disney Trilogy has been so far are not spoiling anybody's fun if people like the new movies nobody is stopping them enjoying them.

I am not hoping for The Rise of Skywalker to fail I am hoping it is the highlight of the trilogy just as Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels.

However if The Rise of Skywalker is rubbish then I hope it does badly at the box office and forces a rethink at Disney.
    THE MANDALORIAN has 90% from the critics on RT Rotten Tomatoes and 95% from the audience.
    The team making this are doing something right.

The Force Awakens is a bad movie by any objective measure it is a bad copy and paste of A New Hope with diversity and feminism thrown in to boot.
    People are free to like it but the like of JJ Abrams already did a bad copy and paste of Star Trek the Wrath of Khan.

Star Wars was already diverse but people were selected for their talent not to tick boxes.
    The new cast including the white males are all generic and forgettable.

3208fe4be4f1613c82cdeb16a8068072e98613a6.jpg?mw=600

718008c34b7a8acd1be3fbb5cf7e9360

star-wars-lando-calrissian.jpg?itok=YUoOY69l
    The real Lando not the one in love with his toaster.
    And from The Mandalorian

the-mandalorian-poster-carl-weathers.jpg

Ray Kylo Hux Finn and Peo are just tiresome to watch even the new droids a soccer ball and megaphone on a wheel are disappointing.

Calling out bad movies has got us a great Star Wars show hopefully these guys helm the next movie or movies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The so called professional reviews are just studio shills.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Stop searching for conspiracy where subjective entertainment is in play. God forbid people have different opinions.

Every damn thread now. Ooh no, the percentage points! Even though anything over 3/5 is considered 'fresh' by aggregators, let's reduce everything to some zero sum game of Spot the Shil.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hyperbolic nonsense.

Stop searching for conspiracy where subjective entertainment is in play. God forbid people have different opinions.

Screenshot-2019-11-26-at-15-23-08.png

Screenshot-2019-11-26-at-15-23-55.png

Screenshot-2019-11-26-at-15-24-20.png

Screenshot-2019-11-26-at-15-24-42.png

I enjoyed the new Rambo film and loved Joker as did the audience just look at the professional critics.

The Last Jedi was a mess and Ghostbusters 2016 was pure scutter as can be backed up by the audience score yet the critics say they are great.

Advertisement