Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Part of me wonders how films would score were there polls on Boards' threads. Would they track with the fabled aggregators, or show their own skewing? Especially if it were a simple marks out of five. Fair to say that the calibre of discussion and thought is higher than average, in that it encourages debate rather than glib flag-waving.

Or indeed if you factored in subsequent rewatches: I mentioned Kermode in name checking critics, and he's a reviewer who on more than one occasion has owned up to re-assessing films after being sniffy about them the first time around. Tastes and viewpoints change, sometimes as we get older, sometimes just watching something with a different frame of mind - further eroding the Truth element of any score.

Wasn’t it siskel and Ebert shat all over Star Wars and empire only come around to it later?

One of the notable critics of the time did for sure. Think it was those two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ebert praised SW at the time. But he did change his mind about a lot of other films that are now considered classics. Blade Runner for example.

But yeah critics sometimes get it wrong. They have little time to evaluate a film and they are human and can be swayed by other factors going on in the culture/politics at the time. Most almost certainly start writing their reviews before they see the film. I follow several film writers on Twitter and you can clearly see them preparing their thoughts in advance. I'd do the same in their position. Most of the time they can easily get away with this but every now and then they get caught out and it shows.

Ebert praised SW at the time. But he did change his mind about a lot of other films that are now considered classics. Blade Runner for example.

But yeah critics sometimes get it wrong. They have little time to evaluate a film and they are human and can be swayed by other factors going on in the culture/politics at the time. Most almost certainly start writing their reviews before they see the film. I follow several film writers on Twitter and you can clearly see them preparing their thoughts in advance. I'd do the same in their position. Most of the time they can easily get away with this but every now and then they get caught out and it shows.

Seriously? That’s mad. I guess with big franchises that’s easy to do. Or if they’re familiar with directors previous work they’ll know what to expect. Or think they know.
    But to telegraph it before they’ve seen it isn’t the cleverest

Tangent but the same people and outlets I mentioned earlier are setting twitter alight cos Michael b Jordan approached DC about playing Superman.

Can’t imagine what their problem might be. Eyeroll implied.

Those ‘Outlets’ just this past week insisted the film was being reshot in it’s entirety. Ehh yeah

https://twitter.com/jordanmaison/status/1199499881116815361?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I've no idea how professional critics can possibly get their thoughts in order; it can take me a week to write up even a few dozen words on a single film - and that's just for those I wanted to see in the first place.

Easy to forget when dogpiling on critics, that the week they reviewed (say) Joker they also had to write reviews for four or five other films. Including various garbage no one will otherwise see; And all by a usually tight deadline. Though I definitely respect anyone who openly admits to having changed their mind; I remember opening a thread to that effect years ago, asking for examples of when folks did same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I don’t get this “toxic fan” stuff , Disney I assume want their cash in terms of ticket sales, merch and visits to their theme parks not to mention their reach in terms of amplifying excitement and publicity for their new movies. It was Disney’s choice to split the fandom, that’s on them, while now the same “toxic fans” are generally supportive of the Mandalorian kinda shows that teams behind the Disney trilogy messed up.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Part of me wonders how films would score were there polls on Boards' threads. Would they track with the fabled aggregators, or show their own skewing? Especially if it were a simple marks out of five. Fair to say that the calibre of discussion and thought is higher than average, in that it encourages debate rather than glib flag-waving.

Or indeed if you factored in subsequent rewatches: I mentioned Kermode in name checking critics, and he's a reviewer who on more than one occasion has owned up to re-assessing films after being sniffy about them the first time around. Tastes and viewpoints change, sometimes as we get older, sometimes just watching something with a different frame of mind - further eroding the Truth element of any score.

Alterations sometimes happen. But, by and large, you're initial reaction is usually the correct one. You can "soften" to some parts of a movie and, perhaps, up a previously low score a little bit. But, it's rare to do a complete about face.

It's only happened to me a few times. For instance, I hated, hated, 'Big Trouble in Little China' and 'They Live' when I first saw them. But, now I think they're great.

It can go the other way as well, though, in that a film once held dear previously can suffer on a repeat viewing(s).

Another tv spot. International trailer can’t be far away

https://twitter.com/zcure1/status/1199564425935511552

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe it's just that the promotions are leaning into them, or that my tastes have changed, but those quips are rubbing me up the wrong way. Whilst I loved Last Jedi, the jokes were definitely misjudged - but at least they WERE jokes; actual, structured gags with a setup & punchline. This need to quip and comment on events as they happen just robs scenes of any emotional payoff moreso than any number of tossed lightsabers.

I swear to god, give me a time machine and I might just assassinate Joss Whedon sooner than Hitler :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,294 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I swear to god, give me a time machine and I might just assassinate Joss Whedon sooner than Hitler :D

Amen to that.

Although, in fairness to Whedon, he did make 'Firefly'. But, on the other hand, Hitler gave us the Volkswagon, so...

...it's a tough one. :pac:

I’ve definitely had albums that I just never liked suddenly click for me.
    Films though? No sadly. I await the day blade runner will land for me. Just don’t get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    silverharp wrote: »
    I don’t get this “toxic fan” stuff , Disney I assume want their cash in terms of ticket sales, merch and visits to their theme parks not to mention their reach in terms of amplifying excitement and publicity for their new movies. It was Disney’s choice to split the fandom, that’s on them, while now the same “toxic fans” are generally supportive of the Mandalorian kinda shows that teams behind the Disney trilogy messed up.

I don't have too much of an expectation for the closing episode. But Im not completely writing off TROS as I like JJ and Im interested to see what he does with the mess that was left from TLJ. Im all about The mandalorian which in brilliant for only being 3 episodes in and also the other projects forthcoming if the mando is anything to go by. I think the mando may wipe peoples memories of sequel trilogy if they weren't a fan.

Whenever I read the term "toxic fans" being used in a comment online, it's usually a certain type of fan who just is unable to accept that other fans have an opinion that differs from theirs, on a franchise that has an impact on their lives. Of course, fans are going to be emotionally invested. Accusations and name-calling usually come from people who may use that term too. But SW wouldn't be what it is today without all types of fans and opinions etc

I don't have too much of an expectation for the closing episode. But Im not completely writing off TROS as I like JJ and Im interested to see what he does with the mess that was left from TLJ. Im all about The mandalorian which in brilliant for only being 3 episodes in and also the other projects forthcoming if the mando is anything to go by. I think the mando may wipe peoples memories of sequel trilogy if they weren't a fan.

Whenever I read the term "toxic fans" being used in a comment online, it's usually a certain type of fan who just is unable to accept that other fans have an opinion that differs from theirs, on a franchise that has an impact on their lives. Of course, fans are going to be emotionally invested. Accusations and name-calling usually come from people who may use that term too. But SW wouldn't be what it is today without all types of fans and opinions etc

You know quite well who is being referenced when the term toxic fans is used. You have jj in the interview above even naming them. That isn’t lumping all fans who didn’t like one film into that one category. Two very different sets of people and very different issues.

Do you spend your entire day abusing Star Wars cast and crew online or attacking random fans for sharing Star Wars stuff on twitter? No? Your not a toxic fan.
    You didn’t like last Jedi and can articulate why? You’re a fan who’s disappointed with the film.
    Two separate things. Don’t conflate them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

silverharp wrote: »

I found it funny that the so called "toxic fans" who are such a tiny part of the fan base according to Disney, various media outlets and the clickbait Twitter types didn't have a problem with TFA and Rogue One. Yet by the time TLJ and Solo were out the "Toxic fan" was suddenly a thing and the profits for those movies were majorly down with the latter losing money along with the merchandise for both dying on the shelves. The fact the Mandalorian is such a hit with people begging for Baby Yoda merch really seems to scupper the "toxic fan" narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Maybe it's just that the promotions are leaning into them, or that my tastes have changed, but those quips are rubbing me up the wrong way. Whilst I loved Last Jedi, the jokes were definitely misjudged - but at least they WERE jokes; actual, structured gags with a setup & punchline. This need to quip and comment on events as they happen just robs scenes of any emotional payoff moreso than any number of tossed lightsabers.

I'll help - I've never liked anything by him and his awful writing style seems to have infested everything these days, including videogames.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Whedon's writing appeals to younger people and I include myself in that category; loved Buffy as a young teen but as I grew older, his style really irritated me.

I was delighted when WB unceremoniously canned him from any future involvement in DC.

Anyway, yes....Rise of Skywalker. Quietly getting excited for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Tony EH wrote: »
    But, on the other hand, Hitler gave us the Volkswagon, so...

:D

Venom wrote: »
    I think the whole Script left under a bed and Disney had to buy it back from Ebay, is just marketing BS. Mark Hamill has stated he had to read the TLJ script in a locked room and wasn't allowed to take it home. Yet now just a month from the movies release, the director and stars are talking about some "cleaner" that stole the script from an actors home and Disney had to buy it back before it got released on the net and no police were involved?

You were right Venom. He left it in his apartment and forgot and moved out. Yikes.
    Cleaner had it on eBay for £65 haha

https://twitter.com/johnboyega/status/1199695133630967809?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I found it funny that the so called "toxic fans" who are such a tiny part of the fan base according to Disney, various media outlets and the clickbait Twitter types didn't have a problem with TFA and Rogue One. Yet by the time TLJ and Solo were out the "Toxic fan" was suddenly a thing and the profits for those movies were majorly down with the latter losing money along with the merchandise for both dying on the shelves. The fact the Mandalorian is such a hit with people begging for Baby Yoda merch really seems to scupper the "toxic fan" narrative.

It was like they were trying to find a scapegoat, which they found. Also, I find that the internet culture helped the cause through weaponizing the use of societal/political issues to increase outrage, etc.

Have you seen the Mandalorian merch that they brought out atall? It looks bit like items from an Etsy store tbh. I thought would have capitalized on the hype of the little guy in the way we know SW merch to sell

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-child-merch-from-the-mandalorian-is-here

• Advertisement

It was like they were trying to find a scapegoat, which they found. Also, I find that the internet culture helped the cause through weaponizing the use of societal/political issues to increase outrage, etc.

Have you seen the Mandalorian merch that they brought out atall? It looks bit like items from an Etsy store tbh. I thought would have capitalized on the hype of the little guy in the way we know SW merch to sell

You were in the mando thread accusing Kennedy of forcing agenda into star wars. Who is weaponsing it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Yes is it just possible that Disney delivered a bad product and instead of admit it they attacked the fans?

Yes is it just possible that Disney delivered a bad product and instead of admit it they attacked the fans?

Where did Disney attack the fans? See this white a bit yet never see any evidence of it

Fair certain we’ll see the BY revealed to be a girl. And we’ll hear the usual suspects cry AGENDA!!

Is that what you mean?

Jesus that stuff is weak sauce and then some. Talk about rushing out crap just to get it to market.

Rian Johnson calling the fans Man babies.

The media claimed Kelly Marie Tran deleted her Twitter account due to racist abuse from toxic fans but never backed this up and there was conflicting statements from Kelly herself.

The media went on the offensive against the fans backed up by Disney calling fans racist sexist and man babies.

kathleen Kennedy said these new movies were not made for the old fans and then cries foul when the old fans hate the new movies.

I have noting against any of the actors in this franchise they are playing Characters only badly written ones at that.

Poe is the best pilot in the galaxy ever look what he does in The Force Awakens he also have no backstory of any kind.

Finn a black stormtrooper in an all white evil force leaves because he sees his friend die in battle minutes later he helps the guy who killed his friend escape and on the way out Finn kills a load more of his friends himself.

Ray a woman thought Luke and the Jedi where a myth a few days later she beats his nephew in a duel and then she beats Luke himself.
    She fixes the Falcon and files it better than Han Solo who has had the thing for 40 years.
    She breaks out of the Death Star herself no stupid men needed to rescue her.
    In all of the Star Wars movies the only person who could ever understand the Astro Droids is C3PO but Ray can understand BB8 no problem.
    She has had no training and she does not want men to hold her hand.:rolleyes:

All the Planets in the Disney trilogy have been one stop shops no world building.

Star Wars 1977 Lukes small home world we get to see how the Planet works Jawas Sand people space ports the animals the dune sea all on a tiny budget Lucas had talent.

Like I said I have no problem with any of the cast but they where hand picked to tick diversity boxes.

John Boyega had to push for more screen time in The Rise of Skywalker.
    The Character he plays suffers from a lack of any writing.

Who was the guy who dies in battle with Finn why did he never mention him again?
    Why are we never shown Finns emotions and guilt about leaving behind the only people he has ever known?
    Why does Finn not struggle with trying to kill all the people he grew up with?

Poe ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Snoke ???????????????????????????????????????????

Hux all he can do is scream in the first movie and it the second he is a clown.

Why are we never shown the New Republic properly?

How did the First Order rise?

Why is it a carbon copy of an Empire that fell 30 years before?

The action scene at maz kanata's castle is quite good Finn going head to head with the trooper lightsaber vs that electric stick thing was good.
    Han Solo shooting all the stormtroopers with no effort:rolleyes: Poe with his video game shoot down rate.:rolleyes:

The media backed by Disney whet on an offensive against the fans saying it was only a small vocal minority of sexists racists and man babies that did not like The Last Jedi.

The box office for Solo showed us something else.
    Lando is now pansexual this does not belong in a movie aimed at kids.

Lando being Pan Sexual was actually used in the media to hype up the movie.

I don't care about the sexual or racial makeup of the cast but Characters have to be well written into a good story.

The Lucas prequels got a lot of backlash for awkward dialog and too much CGI but they had a great story.

Lucas himself had said it was going to be a girl leading the sequels nobody had a problem with this.09217f1543f8d78e023311d15fd26bcd.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_28371.jpg

Rian Johnson isn’t Disney. To my knowledge he never ever used the term man babies. He wouldn’t have been wrong if he did.

Kelly Marie Tran and daisy Ridley both encountered sustained and appalling onslaughts of abuse online from these ‘fans’ you mention and we’re driven to delete their online presence on twitter and personal instagrams.
    It’s a matter of record. The New York Times did an article on it ffs as did many others.
    I watched it happen in real time. Those guys are still out there doing it.
    You’re denying it happened?

The rest Of your post just seems to suggest those ‘fans’ are actually a majority (they’re not) and they all hate women and people of colour. (They do)

Not much more to take from that.

Where did Disney attack the fans? See this white a bit yet never see any evidence of it

Fair certain we’ll see the BY revealed to be a girl. And we’ll hear the usual suspects cry AGENDA!!

Is that what you mean?

Rain Johnson was attacking the fan base from the moment the movie dropped.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/06/13/rian-johnson-and-john-boyega-attack-star-wars-fans-and-consumers-at-their-own-risk/

The only usual suspect here is YOU mate. You constantly try to detail treads with some alleged anti women bollocks taken from garbage click bait sources no one with an ounce of sense pays any fúcking attention to.

Rain Johnson was attacking the fan base from the moment the movie dropped.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/06/13/rian-johnson-and-john-boyega-attack-star-wars-fans-and-consumers-at-their-own-risk/

The only usual suspect here is YOU mate. You constantly try to detail treads with some alleged anti women bollocks taken from garbage click bait sources no one with an ounce of sense pays any fúcking attention to.

Ehhh page one of google. You’re either deluded or in denial.

Mark Hamill Responds to Trolls Driving Kelly Marie Tran Off Social Media: "#GetALifeNerds" | Hollywood Reporter
    5 Jun 2018 · Tran is not the first 'Star Wars' actress to leave social media due to abuse. ... Along with the hashtag, the Luke Skywalker actor shared a picture of himself .

Star Wars' Hayden Christensen Addresses Kelly Marie Tran's Online Harassment - CINEMABLEND
    27 Aug 2018 · Kelly Marie Tran recently spoke publicly about the online harassment that eventually ... Most notably, her Star Wars co-stars have backed her up, as have .

John Boyega tells Star Wars fans to stop harassing cast - BBC News
    13 Jun 2018 · Star Wars actor John Boyega has urged fans of the franchise to stop harassing the cast on social media. His comments came after two co-stars, Daisy Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran, quit Instagram after receiving online abuse.
    Imagewww.cheatsheet.com

Kelly Marie Tran Says Online Harassment Sent Her to a Very Dark Place
    3 Sep 2019 · Like many Star Wars actors and actresses, Tran was an unknown actress before joining the franchise. She had starred in very few projects before being cast as Rose ...
    Imagehttps://www.nytimes.com › kell...

Kelly Marie Tran: I Won't Be Marginalized by Online Harassment - The New York Times
    21 Aug 2018 · The “Star Wars” actress was “brainwashed into believing that my existence was limited to the boundaries of another person's approval.” Now she's ...

Kelly Marie Tran Speaks Out About Online Harassment – Variety
    21 Aug 2018 · The "Star Wars" actress penned a powerful op-ed in the New York Times. ... after being subjected to sexist and racist online abuse for her role as Rose ...
    Imagewww.theguardian.com

The Last Jedi's Kelly Marie Tran speaks out against online bullying
    21 Aug 2018 · Kelly Marie Tran has spoken out about online bullying for the first time since ... The 29-year-old star of Star Wars: The Last Jedi has revealed the extent of the ...
    Imagehttps://www.her.ie › celeb › star...

Star Wars' Kelly Marie Tran tells of the 'self-hate' she felt after online harassment | Her.ie
    Star Wars' Kelly Marie Tran has penned an open letter about the online abuse she faced; the "self-hate" it caused - and how ... The cast of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in ...
    Imagehttps://www.independent.co.uk › ...

John Boyega calls on Star Wars fans to stop harassment after Kelly Marie Tran quits social media | The Independent
    13 Jun 2018 · ... Star Wars fans sending abuse to the franchise's actors on social media. ... abuse online from trolls upset by the recent spate of Disney-produced Star Wars ...
    Imagehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
    Kelly Marie Tran - Wikipedia
    Trần Loan (born January 17, 1989), better known as Kelly Marie Tran, is an American actress . She has had ... In 2015, Tran was cast as Rose Tico in Star Wars: The Last Jedi ...
    Imagehttps://www.independent.ie › sta...

Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran speaks about racist and sexist online abuse - Independent.ie
    21 Aug 2018 · Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran has spoken for the first time about the racist and sexist abuse she received online after her starring role in The Last Jedi.
    Imagehttps://www.flickeringmyth.com › st...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi star might not return to social media after online abuse | Flickering Myth
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi star might not return to social media after online abuse ... Star Wars: The Last Jedi sees returning cast members Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher .

Daisy Ridley quits Instagram after online abuse - BBC Newsbeat
    3 Aug 2016 · Star Wars actress Daisy Ridley has deleted her Instagram account, reportedly due to abuse she received online. Daisy was targeted when she shared a photo of ...
    Imagehttps://www.marieclaire.com › d...
    'Star Wars' Star Daisy Ridley Is Never Going Back to Social Media - Marie Claire
    28 Jun 2019 · Daisy Ridley Cut Off Facebook and Twitter "Like a Skywalker Limb" ... Daisy isn't the only Star Wars actor to face online harassment: In 2018, Kelly Marie ...

Just to state the blatantly obvious anyone attacking an actress or actor online and still complaining about a film two years later isnt just a manbaby. They’re worse.

• Advertisement

Ehhh page one of google. You’re either deluded or in denial.

Mark Hamill Responds to Trolls Driving Kelly Marie Tran Off Social Media: "#GetALifeNerds" | Hollywood Reporter
    5 Jun 2018 · Tran is not the first 'Star Wars' actress to leave social media due to abuse. ... Along with the hashtag, the Luke Skywalker actor shared a picture of himself .

Star Wars' Hayden Christensen Addresses Kelly Marie Tran's Online Harassment - CINEMABLEND
    27 Aug 2018 · Kelly Marie Tran recently spoke publicly about the online harassment that eventually ... Most notably, her Star Wars co-stars have backed her up, as have .

John Boyega tells Star Wars fans to stop harassing cast - BBC News
    13 Jun 2018 · Star Wars actor John Boyega has urged fans of the franchise to stop harassing the cast on social media. His comments came after two co-stars, Daisy Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran, quit Instagram after receiving online abuse.
    Imagewww.cheatsheet.com

Kelly Marie Tran Says Online Harassment Sent Her to a Very Dark Place
    3 Sep 2019 · Like many Star Wars actors and actresses, Tran was an unknown actress before joining the franchise. She had starred in very few projects before being cast as Rose ...
    Imagehttps://www.nytimes.com › kell...

Kelly Marie Tran: I Won't Be Marginalized by Online Harassment - The New York Times
    21 Aug 2018 · The “Star Wars” actress was “brainwashed into believing that my existence was limited to the boundaries of another person's approval.” Now she's ...

Kelly Marie Tran Speaks Out About Online Harassment – Variety
    21 Aug 2018 · The "Star Wars" actress penned a powerful op-ed in the New York Times. ... after being subjected to sexist and racist online abuse for her role as Rose ...
    Imagewww.theguardian.com

The Last Jedi's Kelly Marie Tran speaks out against online bullying
    21 Aug 2018 · Kelly Marie Tran has spoken out about online bullying for the first time since ... The 29-year-old star of Star Wars: The Last Jedi has revealed the extent of the ...
    Imagehttps://www.her.ie › celeb › star...

Star Wars' Kelly Marie Tran tells of the 'self-hate' she felt after online harassment | Her.ie
    Star Wars' Kelly Marie Tran has penned an open letter about the online abuse she faced; the "self-hate" it caused - and how ... The cast of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in ...
    Imagehttps://www.independent.co.uk › ...

John Boyega calls on Star Wars fans to stop harassment after Kelly Marie Tran quits social media | The Independent
    13 Jun 2018 · ... Star Wars fans sending abuse to the franchise's actors on social media. ... abuse online from trolls upset by the recent spate of Disney-produced Star Wars ...
    Imagehttps://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
    Kelly Marie Tran - Wikipedia
    Trần Loan (born January 17, 1989), better known as Kelly Marie Tran, is an American actress . She has had ... In 2015, Tran was cast as Rose Tico in Star Wars: The Last Jedi ...
    Imagehttps://www.independent.ie › sta...

Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran speaks about racist and sexist online abuse - Independent.ie
    21 Aug 2018 · Star Wars actress Kelly Marie Tran has spoken for the first time about the racist and sexist abuse she received online after her starring role in The Last Jedi.
    Imagehttps://www.flickeringmyth.com › st...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi star might not return to social media after online abuse | Flickering Myth
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi star might not return to social media after online abuse ... Star Wars: The Last Jedi sees returning cast members Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher .

Anybody sending personal abuse to anybody is wrong end of story and I would never try to defend that.

However people sharing their opinion about a franchise they are fans of should not be attacked or misquoted either.

People complained about Jar Jar binks in Episode 1 he had very little screen time in Episode 2 and almost none in Episode 3.

Fans voiced their disgust about this thing.

SONIC-1120919.jpg?r=1556636068061

And used tactics like this.
    eksbthci7bv21.png

Instead of attack the fans the studio had a rethink.

bf52460eee6c4731b73f5e2056aec901.jpg

Fans rejected this rubbish.
    51zwJKyovYL.jpg

The studio had another go.
    bAGXQgpWmk9MFv6oLIf6EBwkvQOwHQIdzr3bP1Yqpi8=w850-h531-no

By the way the one with Karl Urban is really worth a watch.

Fans rejected this rubbish.
    batman-and-robin-1997%202.jpg

The studio went back to the drawing board and we got this great trilogy.

batman_0-768x432.jpg

Advertisement