Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Just to state the blatantly obvious anyone attacking an actress or actor online and still complaining about a film two years later isnt just a manbaby. They’re worse.
    Yep, the problems with that film weren't down to the cast who have no say in what their characters say. Rose Tico isn't a great character and says some terrible lines but Katherine Hepburn couldn't do any better with that ****e than Kelly Marie Tran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    Yep, the problems with that film weren't down to the cast who have no say in what their characters say. Rose Tico isn't a great character and says some terrible lines but Katherine Hepburn couldn't do any better with that ****e than Kelly Marie Tran.

What do you mean terrible lines?;)

they-fly-now-they-fly-now-65911014.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    Anybody sending personal abuse to anybody is wrong end of story and I would never try to defend that.

However people sharing their opinion about a franchise they are fans of should not be attacked or misquoted either.

People complained about Jar Jar binks in Episode 1 he had very little screen time in Episode 2 and almost none in Episode 3.

Fans voiced their disgust about this thing.

SONIC-1120919.jpg?r=1556636068061

And used tactics like this.
    eksbthci7bv21.png

Instead of attack the fans the studio had a rethink.

bf52460eee6c4731b73f5e2056aec901.jpg

Fans rejected this rubbish.
    51zwJKyovYL.jpg

The studio had another go.
    bAGXQgpWmk9MFv6oLIf6EBwkvQOwHQIdzr3bP1Yqpi8=w850-h531-no

By the way the one with Karl Urban is really worth a watch.

Fans rejected this rubbish.
    batman-and-robin-1997%202.jpg

The studio went back to the drawing board and we got this great trilogy.

batman_0-768x432.jpg

That’s the goal post shift of all time from your previous post.

That’s the goal post shift of all time from your previous post.

Don't see how I said I do not support online or personal abuse IF true.

KK said it was always the plan to have Darth Sidious in Episode 9 this has been proven a lie.

Rian Johnson killed of the main baddie in the middle of the story that is the only reason for Palps return.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks please lay off the personal digs and crusades - there's been a few posts recently which are obviously just unnecessary baiting for a reaction from individuals. Some of these rows would be better taken to private message. Thanks.

• Advertisement

‘If true’

Right.

We’re in The capable hands of Feige Favreau and Filoni in a year or two. Was thinking about doing a whip around for a card for Kennedy. Wrong room to ask maybe :)

‘If true’

Right.

We’re in The capable hands of Feige Favreau and Filoni in a year or two. Was thinking about doing a whip around for a card for Kennedy. Wrong room to ask maybe :)

The 3rd and best received episode of the Mandalorian featured the first live action female Star Wars Director Deborah Chow.

Deborah-Chow.jpg

She did a brilliant job. She’s also doing the entire obi wan series. Well able for it.

Ron Howard’s Daughter is doing the coming episode.

She did a brilliant job. She’s also doing the entire obi wan series. Well able for it.

Ron Howard’s Daughter is doing the coming episode.

Yes she did do a brilliant job I totally agree.

Did you catch the show yet?

Yes she did do a brilliant job I totally agree.

Did you catch the show yet?

I did. Love it. Mostly. First ep is shaky. But this one and episode two are just so much yes.
    Who’s the one who made arrival? Get them on Star Wars.

• Advertisement

I did. Love it. Mostly. First ep is shaky. But this one and episode two are just so much yes.

Speaking for myself I am not bashing the sequel trilogy I just really don't like anything about it.
    This series so far feels like a real continuation of the Star Wars films I enjoyed.

I agree about the first episode that blue alien he gets the bounty on is a bit out of place and annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That'd be Denis Villeneuve, and he's busy working on Dune at the moment.

Speaking for myself I am not bashing the sequel trilogy I just really don't like anything about it.
    This series so far feels like a real continuation of the Star Wars films I enjoyed.

I agree about the first episode that blue alien he gets the bounty on is a bit out of place and annoying.

An obvious and jarring American accent.

Weirdly, the client is the first time we get a baddie who doesn’t have that WWII posh British accent.
    Instead it’s German. (Is he German?)
    Love that tho. The blue guy. Not at all.

**thanks for the hook up by the way

An obvious and jarring American accent.

Weirdly, the client is the first time we get a baddie who doesn’t have that WWII posh British accent.
    Instead it’s German. (Is he German?)
    Love that tho. The blue guy. Not at all.

**thanks for the hook up by the way

No problem can't wait until Friday that's when the next chapter drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

pixelburp wrote: »

That's a man I'd like to have be given Ep9. BR2049 was immense.

Yes! Thank you. Thought it was Duvernais or Denis

I’d take both.

While we’re dreaming I’d love Guillermo del toro to get one. And just let him go mad. Love his whole aesthetic.

By the way for anybody interested the series has a brilliant soundtrack that is all new.

Wow. They’ve somehow mashed up duel of the fates and Vader’s theme in this new tv spot.
    Dialogue from Palpatine too so don’t play if you don’t want spoiling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Z8x1kA44E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That looks like it’s been used quite a bit.

https://twitter.com/jordanmaison/status/1200091836091699202?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That lightsabre is effing stupid, I hope it's just a dream sequence or something, cos they've really jumped the shark IMO if that's real.

That lightsabre is effing stupid, I hope it's just a dream sequence or something, cos they've really jumped the shark IMO if that's real.

Similar ones in a few other places in canon but yeah it’s most likely a vision. Rey does use a staff proficiently tho. Although for no reason at all John Boyega tweeted this today.

https://twitter.com/johnboyega/status/1200050586650984448?s=21

John Williams is a genius. Duel of the fates into imperial March. Never even imagined it possible.
    Lads this looks like it’s gonna be something else

Similar ones in a few other places in canon but yeah it’s most likely a vision. Rey does use a staff proficiently tho. Although for no reason at all John Boyega tweeted this today.

All lightsabres that aren't simply swords are stupid. Including Kylos and the crossguard that'd do you more injury than the other guy. The jagged beam was a neat idea that should be expanded, but the design itself is overegged. It's all for toys and branding of course, but at least Lucas kept his to "simple" swords, adding the flourish to the hilt instead a series of increasingly impractical designs. Rey'd chop her legs off with that latched version, is she weren't paying attention.

All lightsabres that aren't simply swords are stupid. Including Kylos and the crossguard that'd do you more injury than the other guy. The jagged beam was a neat idea that should be expanded, but the design itself is overegged. It's all for toys and branding of course, but at least Lucas kept his to "simple" swords, adding the flourish to the hilt instead a series of increasingly impractical designs. Rey'd chop her legs off with that latched version, is she weren't paying attention.

Can’t remember for sure but he built his saber with a cracked kyber crystal so it all kinds of haywire and needed to divert the energy out into a ‘hilt’.
    That’s the canon version.

Actual version
    ‘It’ll look cool and fanbois will loose their minds :)

(And more toy sales!)

The sound his saber makes is the best though. It’s volatile and ragged and burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Toy sales came to mind. Reminds of an add on on the Hasbro blade builders. Cool for kids tho... When I first saw Rens cross guard I thought it was the business.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBOubP6dI8kP5rksKo-x9CjVrdnUNDFmTmHQI97mbfuvgC2gWj&s

sure f*ck it why not.
    Star-Wars-Blade-Builders-Spin-Action-Lightsaber.jpg?resize=825%2C510&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I hope no one was in the smuggling compartment

Rey-Destroyed-TIE-Fighter-Header-1200x676.png

Rey-Destroyed-TIE-Fighter-Header-1200x676.png

It’s on ahch to. Birthplace of the Jedi. Now Death place of the sith ?
    Echoes

return-of-the-jedi.png

Can’t remember for sure but he built his saber with a cracked kyber crystal so it all kinds of haywire and needed to divert the energy out into a ‘hilt’.
    That’s the canon version.

Actual version
    ‘It’ll look cool and fanbois will loose their minds :)

(And more toy sales!)

The sound his saber makes is the best though. It’s volatile and ragged and burning.

So you could say ... Kylo had some... carry on (up) with the Kyber?

:D

(Or not. Possibly way too obscure, and too crap a joke, and may be showing my age :) )

Isn't that a TIE fighter? I thought it was the Falcon at first too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

All I know is Dasiy Ridley has quite the ass :pac:

Advertisement