Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    Point outstanding is they haven’t outright ****ed up yet. Solo was a misstep release wise.
    Tlj was and remains controversial though I think it’ll fall into place for many once we have the conclusion.

The next steps are the dangerous ones.

They already have their director for the next film in 2022. They’re not releasing details until early next year. That’s where this could truly go belly up.
    Impossible task. How is it Star Wars if it isn’t the what we understand or care about of it all?
    Can you make a whole new generation of cinema goers(if cinema is still a thing?) invested in this new Star Wars while also not alienating the established(older and affluent) current fan base that grew up with it all love it or hate it?
    Ie-us

Fine line to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Solo sure is a movie.

There, that's about as much as you can say about it.

It's not particularly bad, it's not particularly good, and you will learn absolutely nothing about Han Solo. That the film was basically shot twice, and the end result not a horrendous mess, probably makes it a larger success than other mediocre films at its level.

In an ideal situation, I know Im dreaming here, but I would love for cut and shots that came before to be released so fans can do film edits and cuts like you see on youtube and that.

The cinematography was really the only thing I liked about the Solo. The relationship between Lando and his droid was abit eh wtf?

In an ideal situation, I know Im dreaming here, but I would love for cut and shots that came before to be released so fans can do film edits and cuts like you see on youtube and that.

The cinematography was really the only thing I liked about the Solo. The relationship between Lando and his droid was abit eh wtf?

At one point she says to him you’re going to have to do that thing again to my shoulder.

Later she says to (mother of dragons lady)
    Oh believe me. It works.

So she’s a sex droid?

That was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Original trilogy Lando feels like the type of bloke who would have a sex droid so I didn't mind that aspect of Solo.

Original trilogy Lando feels like the type of bloke who would have a sex droid so I didn't mind that aspect of Solo.

While I agree it does lead to the question wtf he was doing to Lobot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Rogue One
    The Force Awakens
    Solo

*mumbles* The Last Jedi

Relikk wrote: »
    Rogue One
    The Force Awakens
    Solo

*mumbles* The Last Jedi

The rankings are all pointless until Tony tells us how we’re all wrong for even liking any of them:)
    His ranking

Rogue one

Ends.

Just press play. He gets it. This is gas :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5dbI9gJ8iO/?igshid=1ovdndvpqakp2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

p6abpm3.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

1.Rogue One

The rest don't exist. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Tony EH wrote: »
    1.Rogue One

The rest don't exist. :pac:

Your Father would be Proud! :)

o7

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

surely this can't be any worse than The Last Jedi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I liked The Last Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

branie2 wrote: »
    I liked The Last Jedi.

I also enjoyed the last Jedi , it was the best comedy I’ve ever seen. The bit where Rose knocked Finns little ship out of the laser machine (about to save his friends in the cave) , when he asks her why , why did you save me she said “We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love” , and as she says those words the cave walls where the last of their friends are is collapsing behind them !!!!! Hahahahahagahahagahahaha !!! Omg , Johnson has to be trolling with that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The Last Jedi was CGI'ed to death.....it was a turkey that *Bernard Matthews would be proud of

*those born post 1990 may need to google that

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

The Last Jedi was great, Luke was a trolling badass

Actually those scenes in which he's hunting are some of my fav from the entire franchise

Im serious btw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The throne room scene in Last Jedi was one of the strongest, most emotionally theatrical and exciting scenes in the franchise, not to mention the most gorgeous. In fact, not just the franchise, in modern blockbuster cinema. A fantastic sequence, and while I get some folks hate the film, having seen it twice I'll still say that while it was inconsistent, it shot for the stars and hit the target more often than not.

Heck, while I hate the comedy, at least it was comedy, not stupid self-aware quips that marked Episode VII

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Man, even the ending with the broom kid gave me goosebumps i swear

Just watched the yoda scene, yep fantastic i welled up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

fryup wrote: »
    The Last Jedi was CGI'ed to death.....it was a turkey that *Bernard Matthews would be proud of

*those born post 1990 may need to google that

That's not really fair now is it?:mad:

Bernard Mathews made some great turkey and I was always happy to go back for second helpings.:P:D

Ubbla-Mollbro-TLJ-1024x576.jpg

And look at what great stuff that was deleted.:rolleyes:

Kedpin-Shoklop-TLJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

branie2 wrote: »
    I liked The Last Jedi.

In the way that Father Noel Furlong liked The English Patient?
    Very confusing and far-fetched and very, very boring.
    It was my kind of film.

In the way that Father Noel Furlong liked The English Patient?

Nah I think that poster is saying The Last Jedi is a perfectly cromulent film.:D

I think it will turn a profit and come in just under a billion to end the Skywalker saga on a whimper.

I could be wrong but I am going to pin my cards to my chest with just 20 days left to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I think it will do just fine, probably similar to Last Jedi. The new trilogy isn't without it's flaws but it's not the disaster some people make it out to be and isn't seen that way either by the majority of fans or virtually any critics so....

I say that as someone who thought the force awakens was lazy and the last jedi made some awful creative and narrative decisions, but I still think both are fundementally good movies, saw both twice in the cinema also.

So yes, think it'll do just fine at the box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Disappointing box office take less than a billion
    Will get across the billion mark.

Leia with the lightsaber.
    Even from these briefest of glimpses you just know Adam driver is going to bring it in this film.

fryup wrote: »
    surely this can't be any worse than The Last Jedi ?

Would it matter at this point really? If 'The Last Jedi' was so damaging to the story for you, then there's really nothing that 'The Rise of Skywalker' can do to alleviate that.

Personally, I think Ep. IX could be the greatest Star Wars film of all time (it won't) and it would still never undo the mess that this trilogy is in. It started off badly, dropped off a cliff and if this thing can make any sense of what came before, it'll be a miracle.

To be honest, I've seen nothing to suggest that it'll be anything but another insipid JJ Abrams cut and paste. Lots of flashy visuals with loud and stupid quips to keep the simple minded occupied, while having no substance worth talking about once you leave the cinema.

Simple minded? Jaysis tony

• Advertisement

Considering that it's coming from JJ Abrams, yes, simple minded. It will, more than likely, be noisy, flashy and completely devoid of substance.

I have yet to see him break out of that mould.

Advertisement