Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Ugh, please no, but it wouldn't surprise me.

It could also be the remains of the first on Yavin IV, we never really saw any coastlines on either Endor or Yavin. But judging by the Palpatine laugh at the end, and since Palps dies on that Death Star, it's most likely Endor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm not sure Palpatine will be back in any sort of human form, I think he and Luke might be ghosts essentially playing the angel and devil on Kylo/Rey's shoulders.

Calling it now, blue Yoda ghost and red Palpatine ghost have a lightning fight. It'll be downright silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Relikk wrote: »
    Looks like it. The second Death Star that seems to harbour the ghost of Palpatine, maybe.

Given the laugh, I'm thinking the same. Some sort of closing the loop by going back to where it all began with Palpatine maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    poedrake.jpg?fit=400%2C260&strip=all
    Look at the image above. The picture on the left is a still of Oscar Isaac’s Star Wars character, Poe Dameron. The image on the left is Nathan Drake from Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. I mean, come on.
    https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/12/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-has-some-surprising-uncharted-energy/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Relikk wrote: »
    It could also be the remains of the first on Yavin IV, we never really saw any coastlines on either Endor or Yavin. But judging by the Palpatine laugh at the end, and since Palps dies on that Death Star, it's most likely Endor.

I'd say it's definitely the second Death Star, but it could be one of Endor's other moons.

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    Given the laugh, I'm thinking the same. Some sort of closing the loop by going back to where it all began with Palpatine maybe.

It sounds like Luke's force ghost has been training Rey. Maybe Palpatine has been doing the same with Kylo.
    I'd say it's definitely the second Death Star, but it could be one of Endor's other moons.

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    Kylo Rens sith collection Vaders Helmet Vaders first Saber Palps underpants.

They are calling too you from the dark side.

I use to be a Star Wars fanatic way to ruin a franchise Disney.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Some thoughts on the possible meaning of the title:

- Luke comes back to life (ugh)

- Anakin comes back to life (ugh)

- Skywalker is the name for the new Jedi order (ugh)

- Rey is actually Luke's daughter or Ben's sister or the reincarnation/clone of etc etc (ugh)

- Rey (as I've speculated before) adopts the name Skywalker because she's an orphan and the closest thing Luke has to an heir.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Jesus woman, turn on your lightsaber when you're in the air, not just before you start sprinting. You'll cut your own head off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

RayCun wrote: »
    Jesus woman, turn on your lightsaber when you're in the air, not just before you start sprinting. You'll cut your own head off!

In fact it would look better if she did that as well. Samurai would only draw their weapon when they're about to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Gbear wrote: »
    Desert Rogue is hardly something Uncharted invented.

536bc50969bedd486333ed18-750-562.jpg

You're missing the point. Or is that intentional?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ThePott

- Rey is actually Luke's daughter or Ben's sister or the reincarnation/clone of etc etc (ugh)
    - Rey (as I've speculated before) adopts the name Skywalker because she's an orphan and the closest thing Luke has to an heir.

Could also be Kylo Ren returning to his roots, he is half-Skywalker.

I know he would go by Solo but Skywalker has a bigger link to the Jedi so it could be that he will redeem himself the same way Vader did, which I guess doesn't matter now that the emperor is back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Very blatant title...

Liamario wrote: »
    You're missing the point.

Apparently so.

What was it?

That would probably fit in best with the "heroes aren't born, they're made" thing they've been going on about, while also fitting in with the importance of imaging and having a figurehead for a revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I don’t care, I love
    papa palpatine
    and I’d be well happy if they bring him back as the main Protagonist. Also nothing wrong with
    lando
    either, didn’t expect it so why not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Very blatant title...

Oh I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    I just saw the teaser trailer on Facebook, and it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Holy F*cking SHT!!!!

My God is this marketting or what !!! ???

When I first heard
    Palpatine, I thought it was Snoke, but no definetely Palpatine....wow!! intriguing!!

And the remains of the Death Star!!! WOW!!!!!!
    didn't really like Rey's matrix style jump, but **** it ...
    Heading over to the cesspit Reddit to see if I can get any more analysis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Awful title - found the whole thing a bit meh.

Palpitines laugh at the end seemed forced, trying to feed the hype machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

For a second I thought Mark Hamill was returning but as the Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

Why would she name herself after some bloke that she spent a miserable weekend with on an Island, who did nothing but patronize her and was of f* all use, causing her to storm off in a huff?

You're forgetting the more likely candidate to assume that mantle. Kylo Ren is also a Skywalker.

They added to the canon that force ghosts don't just happen. It's a thing only available to the light side. So I'm really not sure what that means for the Emperor's involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

Loved the teaser, visually it’s a real treat. As a big fan of The Last Jedi (and indeed TFA), I’m dying to see IX. Personally I love seeing things like downed Star Destroyers, relics of old battles etc, it ties the whole sage together. I loved the Death Star remnant in this teaser, real chills moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

Gbear wrote: »
    They added to the canon that force ghosts don't just happen. It's a thing only available to the light side. So I'm really not sure what that means for the Emperor's involvement.

Like cannon matters to these people.

I'm calling it now. Kylo Ren was possessed by the spirit of Palpatine on Endor when he went there to retrieve his grandfathers helmet.

That last shot is a skeletal remains of the second death-star.
    So also yes, we're getting some Tatooine, Jabba's palace hi-jinks in the desert at the beginning and a showdown on Endor with Palpatine at the end in which Kylo is redeemed.

In other words, a re-tread of ROTJ.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    didn't really like Rey's matrix style jump, but **** it ...

Yeah, the only thing I didn't really like about it. I like the idea, but the execution is all too familiar and dated at this stage. But, like all of the teasers for this trilogy so far, some of the footage doesn't make it into the final film. I hope that doesn't in that form.

Even after ranking TLJ as one of the worst entries in the entire series, I'm optimistic for the movie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can we leave out the spoiler tags? It's a public trailer and if you want to stay blemish free hanging around this thread on trailer day would be fairly foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

pixelburp wrote: »
    Can we leave out the spoiler tags? It's a public trailer and if you want to stay blemish free hanging around this thread on trailer day would be fairly foolish.

Indeed, what's that in aid of?

Excellent trailer. Mind you, the trailer for TLJ was great too so we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say, I'm slightly disappointed. TFA was absolute fan service, and rightfully so. I loved it for that, on the idea that it was recreating ANH while also planting the seeds for things to go a different way.

Then TLJ, things did go a different way, and we got a fantastic and new star wars story (and as divisive as it is, I have no hesitation saying its my favourite SW film).

This trailer just looks like a step back into fan service again. Kylo even remaking his f*cking mask, Lando, ruins of a Death Star... and Palpatine? Plus if Rise of the Skywalker refers to Kylo Ren, it's the exact same idea as Return of the Jedi referring to Vader.

I don't know. I know TLJ was divisive and Abrams was brought back to re-right the ship, but I really hope this isn't to ROTJ what TFA was to ANH. There's a lot of different directions they could have gone after TLJ without going backwards.

Advertisement