Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV no sound

• 27-07-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi

Bought a second hand tv - Luxor lux-32-914-idtv. Was really cheap as the owner said that there was no sound. Said that when they were moving house, the van was a bit wet inside and it hadn't worked properly after.

It seems to be a problem on the output side as I tried HDMI, Scart and composite inputs and there is nothing. There is sound via headphone socket so could use speakers on it but would rather use the internal speakers.

Took the main board out and checked the connections. Board looked fine - no corrosion or dry looking solder joints.

Wondering if anyone has suggestions/ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭pegasuspub

hi
    reassemble the tv,
    plug it in and switch it on
    go into the menu with the menu with the remote control and do a factory reset or select the first time/clear all settings in the installand retune menu
    select yes to do a retune and this may solve your sound issues
    i have seen this with some toshiba tv's that are a clone of your tv
    its worth a try,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

pegasuspub wrote: »
    hi
    reassemble the tv,
    go into the menu with the menu with the remote control and do a factory reset or select the first time/clear all settings in the installand retune menu
    its worth a try,

Feck - never thought of that! Have to check the firmware as well.....if it's updateable, will try that too as it might do a reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

pegasuspub wrote: »
    hi
    reassemble the tv,
    its worth a try,

Just tried the install and retune and the sound is back!!!! Got a nice working 32 inch tv for a real bargain :D

Advertisement