Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing an Iphone in the USA

Options
  • 28-07-2018 1:42am
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Need to replace an Iphone 7 plus and as going to USA shortly, wondering can I buy an Iphone over there and use it in Ireland with no problems?
    Guessing it has to be unlocked but anything else I need to know?
    Tx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Need to replace an Iphone 7 plus and as going to USA shortly, wondering can I buy an Iphone over there and use it in Ireland with no problems?
    Guessing it has to be unlocked but anything else I need to know?
    Tx.

Verizon phones are/were unlocked. I brought many back through the years. Verizon is CDMA but all of its post iPhone 4 Apple devices support GSM

AT&T/Cricket are cheaper than Verizon and aren't expensive to get unlocked.

Avoid Sprint (virgin, boost, straighttalk mvno), T-Mobile, Metropcs (part of T-Mobile) and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

I was over there recently - and when you add on the tax it didn't seem that much in the difference.

Not a biggie - but the power supply plug will be 120v two prong one of course also - and if you get caught with it on way back you may be required pay import duty.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement