Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarships for Mature Entrants

Options
  • 28-07-2018 5:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just accepted a place at University. And I am wondering about the scholarships on offer. In particular the Scholarships for Mature Entrants.

As I applied through MSAP and scored pretty high, I am just wondering what the criteria is for people being offered said scholarships on merit?

The issue is covered in detail in the first section of this page http://www.nuigalway.ie/mature/scholarships/

So am I to understand from that that the scholarships will be offered to those who scored highest in the respective areas of examination - i.e. the 5 MSAP awarded scholarships offered to the highest scoring takers? Probably wishful thinking on my part that I scored top 5 in NUIG but you know...

Am I also to understand that by accepting the course I have automatically applied for the scholarship as it literally says "No Application Required"?

If anyone could clear this up, I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's what it says, the top 5 scorers on the MSAP will get one, provided they are offered a place, accept it and register as a student of NUIG by the deadline.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

spurious wrote: »
    That's what it says, the top 5 scorers on the MSAP will get one, provided they are offered a place, accept it and register as a student of NUIG by the deadline.

Good luck.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. Thanks

Advertisement