Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A359 towed from runway to gate?

Options
  • 28-07-2018 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

On a CX A359 flight from HKG-DUB this am. Pilot advised passengers 30mins before landing in DUB that the aircraft would be towed to the gate for “operational reasons”. Took a good while & there were a few emergency vehicles on standby around the plane on the runway. Any ideas what was going on? Some kind of drill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    On a CX A359 flight from HKG-DUB this am. Pilot advised passengers 30mins before landing in DUB that the aircraft would be towed to the gate for “operational reasons”. Took a good while & there were a few emergency vehicles on standby around the plane on the runway. Any ideas what was going on? Some kind of drill?

I’m guessing a problem with the nose wheel steering. But that’s only a guess.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Hydraulic failure.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Yup. Similar happened to an EI A330 a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The flight to HKG later was cancelled so it wasn't sorted immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4bbaebf2&opt=0

Incident: Cathay Pacific A359 near Dublin on Jul 28th 2018, nose wheel steering fault

A Cathay Pacific Airbus A350-900, registration B-LRX performing flight CX-301 from Hong Kong (China) to Dublin (Ireland), was descending towards Dublin when the crew advised they did have a nose wheel steering problem. Their company had already organized a tug to tow them to the terminal, they would most likely manage to vacate via high speed turn off E6 but might also get stuck on the runway for a while. Approach Control inquired about a possible hydraulic leak, but did not get a reply, only a "standby!". Emergency services deployed to their stand by positions with the information of a hydraulic leak requiring a runway inspection after landing. The crew further advised they were unable to adhere to speed restrictions due to vibrations. The aircraft continued for a safe landing on Dublin's runway 28, vacated the runway and stopped clear of the runway - emergency services taking position behind the aircraft were still blocking the runway. The runway inspection returned the runway to service without finding any anomalies. Emergency services also vacated the runway and traffic resumed on runway 28. The A350 was towed to the apron.

The occurrence aircraft was unable to depart for the return flight and is still on the ground in Dublin about 17 hours after landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Just taxied past it. I wonder how long it’ll be here.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

There's a Cathay Pacific A350 still parked up by the fire service training plane on the west apron, couldn't get close enough to see was it B-LRX but assume it is. Drove over specially to see it when I saw the CX tail from the far road, lovely looking bird the 350.

Been there 3 days at this stage? Must be a parts shortage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The undercarriage doors were up again this evening. They had been hanging open since arrival so that would suggest progress with repairs to the hydraulics.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Cathay Pacific CPA306D positioning back to HKG

Advertisement