Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Full Set, Part set differences

Options
  • 28-07-2018 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I've had an alarm in the house for the last 6 years. I used to do a full set at night. Thrn in morning when going down the stairs the PIR would "see me" and I'd get 30 seconds to disarm the alarm at the keypad.

So anyway, I upgraded the alarm last week to one where I can use the HKC app. Used a different installer. He appears to have reprogrammed the alarm where now in the mornings I don't get any time to disarm after PIR activation. I said it to him and he said I shouldn't be doing a full arm at night, just a part set.

Anyone have opinions on this. Also what is the norm for part set a and part set b? As in, what should they do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

laotg wrote: »
    Hi all,

So I've had an alarm in the house for the last 6 years. I used to do a full set at night. Thrn in morning when going down the stairs the PIR would "see me" and I'd get 30 seconds to disarm the alarm at the keypad.

So anyway, I upgraded the alarm last week to one where I can use the HKC app. Used a different installer. He appears to have reprogrammed the alarm where now in the mornings I don't get any time to disarm after PIR activation. I said it to him and he said I shouldn't be doing a full arm at night, just a part set.

Anyone have opinions on this. Also what is the norm for part set a and part set b? As in, what should they do?

Thanks

Part sets can be set up to suit whatever option you want or have already been used to.
    The PIR could be set up as entry/exit to act like you said in full or part set.
    It could also be set up a access to EE.
    This means that any zone set up for access acts as a entry/exit zone in part set.

Advertisement