Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Air Display 2018

Options
  • 16-02-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Bray dates officially confirmed tonight. 28th/29th July 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jasT1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Getting to be the Same old stuff every year now...I've the day booked off but I might not even go with that line up...red arrows only draw there.

DC3 is interesting, as is the Me109. But I will see a few DC3s this summer and I don't see myself travelling down for the Me109 alone.

Everything else I have seen recently or will see elsewhere this summer

I think there will be a further announcement in 4 weeks, they normally do 2 rounds of announcements. No Viggen on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Will indeed be looking if there is a "2nd round" of announcements, as it's basically the same as last year (and two years ago). Although I've never seen an Me109 flying, so might head down (well it's just a DART trip for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I'd rather watch paint dry than endure another "flying cow" display.

At this stage its unlikely any other "big" acts will be announced for Bray. The red arrows are a great show all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Does anyone know if it will be a me-109 or a buchon variant?

It could be the buchon variant that has been flying in the UK recently.

Viggen and Strikemaster confirmed for Bray.

Such a poor line up at Bray, what a pity...a free show and I don't know if I can be even bothered to go!

Mostly small stuff that you won't be able to hear and not really see with the display line distance.

It's a good line-up.. not 2016 but still pretty strong. I wouldn't say poor, just repetitive of the last few years for the most part.

Viggen, Red Arrows, P51 & Me109 formation, Fouga's, DC3, Rich Goodwin & Strikemaster are all good displays, and the RJF apparently have gotten fantastic reviews from RIAT in their new aircraft.

It's also the 2 seat version of the Viggen that is coming which is painted in camo, and not the gray one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

DC3 just flew over Blackrock area and heading south to Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Tabnabs wrote: »

Just flew over Merrion square, looked well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Its back again now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Tabnabs wrote: »

Saw it myself over central Dublin a about an hour ago...was "that's a weird flight path for a plane to be that low", then I realized the thing was most likely older than anybody within sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The Viggen for me has been the most disappointing display that I have seen so far, at the last display at Shannon Airport he did not even use afterburner and it was very tame display, then at Bray well I needed binoculars to see it and a hearing aid to hear it.

Anyone know what the weather is like for Sunday ME saying rain spreading from the South West with strong winds not great for an Air Display.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    The Viggen for me has been the most disappointing display that I have seen so far, at the last display at Shannon Airport he did not even use afterburner and it was very tame display, then at Bray well I needed binoculars to see it and a hearing aid to hear it.

Anyone know what the weather is like for Sunday ME saying rain spreading from the South West with strong winds not great for an Air Display.

Boards weather dude currently standing in for MT says
    SATURDAY ..... Sunshine and scattered showers merging to longer spells of rain in the north of Ireland. In blustery southwesterly winds, it will almost feel autumnal with maxima only at best in the mid-teens for most parts of the country but could reach 20c in some southeastern regions sheltered by the wind and in the sun.

SUNDAY ..... Rain pushing up from the south and ascending northwards during the morning. The rain is likely to be heavy for some but certainty will increase as the days go on. As it clears, temperatures rise back up significantly behind the rain with maxima ranging from 18 to 24c. But it may not feel this way with how windy it's going to be, perhaps unseasonably windy.

Wet and very windy, we'll see if that changes in the mornings update.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=329

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Necroing this thread as its the most recent.

rHxZDEo.png

Sooo, Saturday is cool, Sunday is all in.

11C4W4E.png

No brainer to do Sunday right?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just opening this to give a single location to posts relating to Bray outside "Irish airshows" and "visitors to Baldonnel"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any clue what time the Red Arrows are on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Thargor wrote: »

From the other thread they are to open I think 2:10 was the time. Mech1 put it up in this thread https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057892183/3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

As above, opening the show.
    Their timetable shows depart Casement at 1403, display at 1410, land back 1435, depart for UK at 1635.
    Perhaps a 10 ship flyover of Bray enroute to UK at 1645ish? They did that in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tenger wrote: »
    Perhaps a 10 ship flyover of Bray enroute to UK at 1645ish? They did that in 2016.

Hopefully! Was fantastic and out of no where. Peoples reactions were priceless as every alarm in the town went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That "Vegan" aircraft is in your area there now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Hopefully! Was fantastic and out of no where. Peoples reactions were priceless as every alarm in the town went off.

I remember that. They didn't announce it and it frightened the ****e outta everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Kuva wrote: »
    Wet and very windy, we'll see if that changes in the mornings update.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=329
    Wasn't out there today but it looks like they managed to get through the full show with little wether interruption which was good going considering the start to the day.

Forecast for Sunday has improved considerably from the washout that had been on the cards for the last few days. Its now looking like the heavy rain will pass through earlier than previously expected and should have cleared Bray well before the show starts at 2pm. There may be remnants and showers knocking about so fingers crossed Bray avoids them. The Red Arrows may even get to do their full height display, unlike last time.

Im going up Bray Head for it I think, or do people recommend viewing it from the ground for the right angles or does it matter? Last time I saw the Red Arrows was in Salthill, must be 25 years ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Viggen was very close and LOUD today in Foynes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Im going up Bray Head for it I think, or do people recommend viewing it from the ground for the right angles or does it matter? Last time I saw the Red Arrows was in Salthill, must be 25 years ago now.

Last time the Red Arrows displayed at Salthill Air Show was 2006, they displayed at Salthill six times and also displayed at Salthill in 2009 for the Volvo Ocean Race, how time flies by

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

The best pics I see every year come from up there but that's with long lens!

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Last time the Red Arrows displayed at Salthill Air Show was 2006, they displayed at Salthill six times and also displayed at Salthill in 2009 for the Volvo Ocean Race, how time flies by
    I never knew that, I thought the anti-war crowd got them all banned way before that, in the nineties. It was definitely the nineties when I saw them anyway, I was only a child at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

If you haven’t watched it from up there it’s worth checking out..

The jets comepast almost at eye level..

It’s breathtaking..

That said you miss everything else aimed at the crowd on the beach..

Advertisement