Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery for Simon 3 Home alarm

Options
  • 28-07-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    Our GE Simon 3 alarm started beeping at us last night (of course on a bank holiday weekend when we have people coming over!). It’s the old Eircom phonewatch system.

We’re trying to source a replacement battery for it today if possible, Tuesday if not. Any idea where we might get one?

We had to get one a good few years ago now but I can’t find the details of where we sourced it.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

spooki wrote: »
    Hi,
    Our GE Simon 3 alarm started beeping at us last night (of course on a bank holiday weekend when we have people coming over!). It’s the old Eircom phonewatch system.

We’re trying to source a replacement battery for it today if possible, Tuesday if not. Any idea where we might get one?

We had to get one a good few years ago now but I can’t find the details of where we sourced it.
    Thanks!

Most suppliers would be closed over the weekend.
    REW do supply the battery for this system, here is a link to the suppliers.
    If you drop the front lid on the simon, put in your user code.
    Press, delete, option, 01, done.
    That will turn off the trouble beeps till you sort the issue.
    Just remember to add the trouble beeps back in once the battery is replaced.
    Press, add, option, 01, Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spooki

altor wrote: »
    Most suppliers would be closed over the weekend.
    REW do supply the battery for this system, here is a link to the suppliers.
    If you drop the front lid on the simon, put in your user code.
    Press, delete, option, 01, done.
    That will turn off the trouble beeps till you sort the issue.
    Just remember to add the trouble beeps back in once the battery is replaced.
    Press, add, option, 01, Done.

Thanks so much for the info! We’ll go pick one up on Tuesday. Unfortunately my husband has lost our user code so we’ll have to put up with beeping till then :’(

Thanks so much for the info! We’ll go pick one up on Tuesday. Unfortunately my husband has lost our user code so we’ll have to put up with beeping till then :’(

You will need the user code to change the battery also.
    Its the code you use to turn on and off the alarm, not the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

FYI it's not a bank holiday in Ireland this weekend. It's next weekend the 6th that is the bank holiday

You will need the user code to change the battery also.
    Its the code you use to turn on and off the alarm, not the engineer code.

Oh - I had tried that and it doesn’t work - just tried again and nope :( When I put it in it just keeps telling me to “use number keys to enter code” over and over.

I appreciate your help!
    And thanks re the tip on the bank holiday - I work for myself so they make little difference to me and I’m always getting them wrong!

• Advertisement

Oh - I had tried that and it doesn’t work - just tried again and nope :( When I put it in it just keeps telling me to “use number keys to enter code” over and over.

I appreciate your help!
    And thanks re the tip on the bank holiday - I work for myself so they make little difference to me and I’m always getting them wrong!

You may have the numbers wrong as it could be a 1 or 2 on them keypads.
    The default is 54321 which sometimes lets you in if the wrong utility access code was changed.

Yay - the 54321 code worked - and I used "Press, delete, option, 01, done" and it said option one deleted - but the beeps were still there.

And so I looked online to see what other solutions I might find now that I know the access code (thanks!) and found a couple of posts where people realised that a fire/carbon monoxide alarm was actually the problem when they turned off the beeps and yet they still kept going.

I had already checked that we didn't have any installed - but I went off searching again and found one on top of a cupboard hidden away :0 and lo and behold the bloody thing was beeping away. I'm so sorry for taking up your time - but thanks so much - we now have the access code if we have any actual problems with the alarm!

Yay - the 54321 code worked - and I used "Press, delete, option, 01, done" and it said option one deleted - but the beeps were still there.

And so I looked online to see what other solutions I might find now that I know the access code (thanks!) and found a couple of posts where people realised that a fire/carbon monoxide alarm was actually the problem when they turned off the beeps and yet they still kept going.

I had already checked that we didn't have any installed - but I went off searching again and found one on top of a cupboard hidden away :0 and lo and behold the bloody thing was beeping away. I'm so sorry for taking up your time - but thanks so much - we now have the access code if we have any actual problems with the alarm!

You wont be the last person to be caught out by that :D
    Make sure you turn the trouble beeps back on as that are what they are for.

You wont be the last person to be caught out by that :D
    Make sure you turn the trouble beeps back on as that are what they are for.

I did that too right away! Thanks :D I feel like such an eejit!

Advertisement