Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Miller - An Irish Solution To An Irish Problem

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    The thoughts of perhaps having to hand back 30 million of public money may have concentrated their minds.
    That was never going to happen. Just shows how out of touch some people are. GAA facilities are used on a daily basis by all sorts of organisations. Facilities often mean hall, bar or gym not necessarily a pitch
    Did they change legal advisors?

Or did the legal advisor who told them just last week that it could not go ahead get it wrong?

Or was it just a bad excuse at the time to fob off the issue?

You dont understand how GAA works and it works pretty well. There was a process to be gone through and had they not they would have been wide open from within the GAA.
    Actually it was a question from a journalist that caused the sh*tstorm the GAA found themselves the centre of. Nice story though.
    Clareman wrote: »
    Very loaded question from the journalist, it was almost of if it was a setup question.

That was the feeling ok. I work in a place with 62 people. Good mix of sports but most are soccer heads and most felt the same. The whole thing was a set-up to get Croke park.. This was so badly handled by organisers. Had the correct channels been gone through this was always going to be facilitated. The fact the stadium is been handed over free of charge is a serious saving to the organisers as their is a minimum requirement of stewards and Gardái required.

The fact that there is a kids match at half time is great. Similar age to when Liam played GAA. However the begrudgers will want to find some way of stirring it up to make GAA look bad.

Good luck in replay Clareman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

LeoB wrote:
    That was the feeling ok. I work in a place with 62 people. Good mix of sports but most are soccer heads and most felt the same. The whole thing was a set-up to get Croke park.. This was so badly handled by organisers. Had the correct channels been gone through this was always going to be facilitated. The fact the stadium is been handed over free of charge is a serious saving to the organisers as their is a minimum requirement of stewards and Gardái required.

Serious bit of delusion going on in the above. Do you have a big collection of tin foil hats?

Serious bit of delusion going on in the above. Do you have a big collection of tin foil hats?

No delusion except for not wording it right. I should have had" to get at Croke park".

Is Tin foil hat the new buzz words?

FACT. The money was never going back. Dont let any delusioned gob****e tell you otherwise.
    FACT The GAA went through a process as was forecast in the thread thread you were on and made a decision.
    GAA people in other thread all supported the match and most forecast it would go ahead but took serious issue with posters and jibes about dinosaurs who have delivered more facilities for its members than ANY other sporting body in Ireland

The organisers fckd up big time, and a few credible journalists and broadcasters agreed when they got no change out of lashing the GAA. . I would believe there are few better than FAI to plant a few people to ask questions. They should never have went public with this.

You would be served by contributing something positive for the lads in FAI and they might get a ground of their own.

The important thing thing now is the game goes ahead and hopefully it will be a huge success.

LeoB wrote:
    Is Tin foil hat the new buzz words?

Not at all, reserved for conspiracy theorists for quite a long time now. Your comment fits the criteria.

LeoB wrote: »
    The whole thing was a set-up to get Croke park.. This was so badly handled by organisers. Had the correct channels been gone through this was always going to be facilitated.

More nonsense.

It was never going to be facilitated. Ever. The idea that everyone would have kept the head down and not raise the really obvious issue as tens of thousands strolled into PuC to watch a soccer match is fantasy stuff. It's a very lame effort to save face in what has been a pretty embarrassing episode in which the GAA had to be all but forced into a climb down. The "oh if only they'd asked nicely Frank would have allowed it" angle is laughable.

Not at all, reserved for conspiracy theorists for quite a long time now. Your comment fits the criteria.

Only criteria it fits is the general one of a set up. The FAI are well capable of doing that and messing it up like most things they do.
    More nonsense.

It was never going to be facilitated. Ever. The idea that everyone would have kept the head down and not raise the really obvious issue as tens of thousands strolled into PuC to watch a soccer match is fantasy stuff. It's a very lame effort to save face in what has been a pretty embarrassing episode in which the GAA had to be all but forced into a climb down. The "oh if only they'd asked nicely Frank would have allowed it" angle is laughable.

It was always going ahead. The GAA have nothing to save face about in my opinion. Again your lack of knowledge of how GAA works is entertaining. Frank can give an opinion but it was not his decision. And again the mistake made by organisers was not going through the right channels.

You need to sit back and take stock of how this all evolved and what GAA people said how it would evolve. They went through a process as was suggested by many posters and the game goes ahead.

You should really let this go now and enjoy the game. And then set in motion something to get better facilities for members and supporters of League of Ireland and Irish national team.

Time ti unfollow this thread people like you and your pal above are so negative and full of begrudgery it is pathetic looking back at your posts. Iv been banned too often to get dragged into any more petty spats.

Enjoy the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

You have no interest in GAA other than to jump on this bandwagon.

LeoB wrote: »
    Time ti unfollow this thread people like you and your pal above are so negative and full of begrudgery it is pathetic looking back at your posts. Iv been banned too often to get dragged into any more petty spats.

Ha ha!

Maybe if you didn't get someone up and personal? The amusing thing is you spoke of letting to before launching into the above.

Read twowheelsonly's posts on the issue, how long ago the GAA were approached etc. And you will see just how wrong this "oh if only they had gone about it quietly" nonsense is.
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    People who have never to my knowledge ever once commented on GAA thread until this scam.

That is true, Brendan Bendar, FrToddUnctious and Niles Crane, who all came out fighting for the GAA, had never once posted on any GAA matter before. Some of them liked your posts that made personal attacks against the organisers. You didn't take issue with their news found interest in the GAA then.

Bonniedog wrote:
    Are you proud of Irish soccer playing games with British soldiers. People who did that when France was under occupation met a sorry end.

I never engage in whataboutery. If you wish be my guest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

well done GAA for making a decison that the majority of the public and GAA membership thought u shoud do

I notice you didn't address the historical aspect.

Are you proud of Irish soccer playing games with British soldiers. People who did that when France was under occupation met a sorry end.

Bere Islanders played soccer matches with British soldiers. In turn, the British Army reciprocated and played an annual GAA match. They then went and supported Bere Island in the Beara Championship.

Bonniedog wrote:
    You have no interest in GAA other than to jump on this bandwagon.
    Actually I have but people like you stuck in the past are A dwindling entity thankfully.
    Bonniedog wrote:
    Unlike others I do not hide my contempt,

Contempt? You mean thinly veiled accusations. You are a coward hiding behind a screen.

Actually I have but people like you stuck in the past are A dwindling entity thankfully.

Contempt? You mean thinly veiled accusations. You are a coward hiding behind a screen.

We are all "cowards hiding behind a screen."! No doubt myself and yourself could have a civilized conversation face to face without throwing punches. Such is the nature of the interweb!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

is there always consensus here?:)

Bonniedog wrote:
    We are all "cowards hiding behind a screen."! No doubt myself and yourself could have a civilized conversation face to face without throwing punches. Such is the nature of the interweb!

Not a coward here dude. I have made no veiled accusations against anyone, you can't say the same.

• Advertisement

I haven't made any accusations against anyone. What were they?

Already been banned over this topic and missed talking about what really interests me, and obviously not yourself dude, which is hurling and football.

People you reference like Fr. Tod, from Mayo but that's forgiven! are regular contributors with whom myself and people from other counties engage in generally intelligent if sometimes fractious debate. You, on the other hand. Don't even have the wit to recognise when someone is being self deprecatory and conciliatory,

You made an accusation that was defamatory about the organisers.

Obviously it cannot be repeated, so your "what were they" is being deliberately obtuse. It was correctly removed. You know this very well.

Bonniedog wrote:

I suggest you read your own posts so.

So, will us or youse win the Charity Shield?

Bonniedog wrote:
    So, will us or youse win the Charity Shield?

Sorry lad I can't stoop to your level. Bad back.

• Advertisement

Up I think is the word you are searching for. In my 50s so will take lad as a compliment.

Can you be my wing man when I try to chat up some young one in McGowans :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

I am locking this thread as a number of posts require reviewing and sanctions applied.

Please do not attempt to create a new thread in relation to the Liam Miller testimonial match on the GAA forum.There is a similar thread available in the After Hours forum .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement