Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Advise

• 28-07-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

My wife & I are going to open a CU account mainly just for savings but there are some things I'd like to know

Is it difficult to take money out when needed? Can you take out money without going to a branch
    A joint account or 2 singles? Which would benefit us most

We both have bank accounts & have never used the CU before so any advise appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Lots of good information on the Credit Union website: https://www.creditunion.ie/whatweoffer/

You withdraw your money at any time, either via a branch, or certain CUs offer bank cards, it'll depend on which one you join. I can't answer the joint/2 singles question, thats really down to your personal banking circumstances and how you want to manage your own money.

You'll find CUs are more flexible when approaching them for loans and the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Help!!!! wrote: »

My wife & I are going to open a CU account mainly just for savings but there are some things I'd like to know

We both have bank accounts & have never used the CU before so any advise appreciated

Thanks

One nice thing about most of the Credit Unions is that when an account holder dies, his/her next of kin gets at least €1,000 death benefit!

See here:- https://www.creditunion.ie/whatweoffer/insurance/deathbenefits/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Thanks for the replies
    Wasn't exactly sure how the CU worked. I remember my dad having to go into the CU with a book to take out money but I guess they must have modernised :)

Advertisement