Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to increase rent on Council/RAS letting?

Options
  • 28-07-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm letting in a non rent pressure zone and will be going through the process of a rent increase for three properties. This is completely in line with market rates and I have delayed the process long enough. I have some private tenants and in the same area, I have a lady who is on the RAS scheme.

I guess I will just be going to the council and having a chat with them face to face about the rent increase on their tenant. I know the process as regards the written notice (as taken from a Landlords site) and I have some reference properties in the area to act as a guide for the rent I will be asking for.

Basically, I would like to hear from landlords who have negotiated with the council for rent increases and have any advice before I do the same. Is it completely the same process and the council have three months to accept or refuse?

Thanks for any thoughts and advice.

Advertisement