Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Chromecast issue

Options
  • 28-07-2018 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to put this issue as it is made up of a mix of Vodafone hardware, wifi, and chromecast. So it could fit in a few places.

Anyway despite many restarts and things, devices on my network no longer can see my Google Chromecast.

No idea why, it was working recently fine.

The house wifi router is the Vodafone Gigacube.... a device I am not sure is used in Ireland yet. But maybe some of you know it.

There is the google chromecast.

And I usually connect netflix etc to the chromecast using my Mobile Phone (Android, netflix) or my desktop computer (Google webbrowser cast button).

But now nothing I do makes them connect. ALMOST nothing. When doing the "listen for pin" option to connect to the cast it did work briefly. Giving me the netflix "ready to cast" message. But then no more commands sent to it worked.

My wifi router has an 2.4 and 5GHZ band options. The cast has been connected to 2.4 since we got the router.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Make sure AP isolation is disabled. This stops devices connected to wireless talking to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I have read that in a few places but cannot find a setting with that name. IS there something else it might be called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have read that in a few places but cannot find a setting with that name. IS there something else it might be called?

Local forwarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If your 2.4 and 5 SSIDs are the same change them.

CCs are notoriously picky about hardware btw, either device could have received a firmware update and botched compatibility.

Advertisement