Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2018, July 28, Stage 20: Saint-Pée-sur-Nivelle → Espelette

Options
  • 28-07-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭

profile-20.jpg

Ongoing, some cracking times so far.
    Soren KRAAAARGGGGHHHHHH Andersen curently in the hot seat with a stonking time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

retalivity wrote: »
    profile-20.jpg

Ongoing, some cracking times so far.
    Soren KRAAAARGGGGHHHHHH Andersen curently in the hot seat with a stonking time

What time are the top 5 due out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

~3.20pm Irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    What time are the top 5 due out

Around 3:10 to 3:30 for leaders

Kwiatowski goes top by 1 second!
    Current leaderboard

1 Michal Kwiatkowski (Sky) 41:42
    2 Soren Kragh Andersen (Sunweb) +0:01
    3 Michael Hepburn (Mitchelton-Scott) +0:32
    4 Marc Soler (Movistar) +0:33
    5 Stefan Küng (BMC) +0:35
    6 Jonathan Castroviejo (Sky) +0:41
    7 Wout Poels (Sky) +0.59
    8 Nils Politt (Katusha-Alpecin) +1:01
    9 Chad Haga (Sunweb) +1:07
    10 Nikias Arndt (Sunweb) +1:11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The live coverage on Eurosport is on now until 4:45pm according to my Sky guide.

The live "beo" coverage is on TG4 starting at 4:35pm, according to the Sky planner.

Am I missing something. Are TG4 viewers in some start of time warp??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

bazermc wrote: »
    The live coverage on Eurosport is on now until 4:45pm according to my Sky guide.

The live "beo" coverage is on TG4 starting at 4:35pm, according to the Sky planner.

Am I missing something. Are TG4 viewers in some start of time warp??

Presumably delayed coverage. TG4 are showing the minor hurling AI semi-final at 3

Dan up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Dan getting into a very professional looking TT position there. Hope he's improved in TT performance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Chapeau to Dan! Well deserved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Itziger wrote: »
    Dan getting into a very professional looking TT position there. Hope he's improved in TT performance as well.

Awarded most combative rider of the tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Is that prize formally awarded in Paris? Will he get a moment in the sunlight and get to make a speech..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Roglic having a bad TT, Froome looking good for the podium, Thomas seems to be crushing everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Inquitus wrote: »
    Roglic having a bad TT, Froome looking good for the podium, Thomas seems to be crushing everyone.

After yesterday how can Froome now suddenly bounce back like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Good night's sleep😉

Well Roglic flogged himself yesterday getting the stage win, so neither of them had an easy day, Froome sat in the wheels mostly even when dropped he had Bernal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Inquitus wrote: »

Happens constantly in 3 week GT racing.

I dont remember Landa being such a crap tt'er when he was at sky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Dumoulin won

Seven Worlds will Collide

I'm glad sky didn't get a 1-2 on the GC. Be nearly as bad as England winning the World Cup.

• Advertisement

Thomas
    Dumoulin
    Froome

Is our podium then, Dan and Froome both lost time due to misfortune, and Dan would certainly have finished a few spots higher with better luck, Froome might have nicked 2nd place, but no real doubt about the winner, at least in the context of the race, he was simply the strongest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Just watching the tg4 highlights for a wee while.
    Zakarin is a messy rider to watch. Also heading out on his tt with disc, skinsuit etc etc and the straps of his aero helmet flapping around his face :confused:

nee wrote: »
    Just watching the tg4 highlights for a wee while.
    Zakarin is a messy rider to watch. Also heading out on his tt with disc, skinsuit etc etc and the straps of his aero helmet flapping around his face :confused:

Aye I saw the straps fluttering all over the shop, defo not as Aero as they might be, he put in a decent ride though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Itziger wrote: »
    Happens constantly in 3 week GT racing.

Plus he's one of the very best TT riders in the world

Spare a thought for Taylor Phinney - after he bust open his nose crashing into a tree yesterday, he is unable to fly. So, he is hitching a lift with the team bus to Paris - a 7+ hour trip!

I heard on yesterday's episode of The Cycling Podcast that Thomas had ridden the TT course three times when he was doing his recce of the Tour earlier this year. They also said that he had been to Tenerife this year on three separate occasions (two weeks each time) for high altitude training.

He was definitely aiming to get the best possible result in the GC as he could (rather than just being domestique for Froome).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Obviously delighted for but really?

julian alaphilippe? Adam Yates ?

Both have been in a lot more breakaways than Dan has.

I heard on yesterday's episode of The Cycling Podcast that Thomas had ridden the TT course three times when he was doing his recce of the Tour earlier this year. They also said that he had been to Tenerife this year on three separate occasions (two weeks each time) for high altitude training.

He was definitely aiming to get the best possible result in the GC as he could (rather than just being domestique for Froome).

Yep, given the uncertainty around whether Froome would be allowed to race, he prepared assumably with Sky's blessing on the basis he was racing for the GC.

Obviously delighted for but really?

julian alaphilippe? Adam Yates ?

Both have been in a lot more breakaways than Dan has.

Alaphilippe and Yates were going in breakaways at the start of stages when they had nothing to lose and everything to gain (i.e. they didnt care about their GC position). They could also sandbag some stages and take it easy. Very little risk for those two.

Whereas Dan risked everything by attacking from the yellow jersey group in the mountains on numerous occasions when most other guys were to scared. If things went wrong he could have lost chunks of time. I think Dan definitely deserves the award.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Alaphilippe and Yates were going in breakaways at the start of stages when they had nothing to lose and everything to gain (i.e. they didnt care about their GC position). They could also sandbag some stages and take it easy. Very little risk for those two.

Whereas Dan risked everything by attacking from the yellow jersey group in the mountains on numerous occasions when most other guys were to scared. If things went wrong he could have lost chunks of time. I think Dan definitely deserves the award.

GC position shouldn't have anything to do with it. Do you remember last year when De Gendt didn't get it?
    It wasn't a popular descion on this forum.
    Was he going for GC?.

Here is what he had up say about Barguil winning it.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-gendt-doesnt-hold-grudge-against-barguil-after-missing-super-combatif-prize/

Advertisement