Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening with AH

Options
  • 28-07-2018 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭

Every post locked. Is it a purge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Every post locked. Is it a purge?

A mod gone rogue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The peace and quite is fücking awesome.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

tenor.gif?itemid=4452103

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

it's still daytime that's why. after hours doesn't start till 9 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Maybe I am wrong but I seem to remember that, as part of the AH feedback thread, it was agreed that threads wouldn't just be closed. Now we appear to have Mods deciding what is cheery enough for AH even though hundreds of posts appear to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Discodog wrote: »
    Maybe I am wrong but I seem to remember that, as part of the AH feedback thread, it was agreed that threads wouldn't just be closed. Now we appear to have Mods deciding what is cheery enough for AH even though hundreds of posts appear to disagree.

Yeah but the charter also says that politics threads should be in politics forums and that's been let slide. They do add a more serious tone to AH.

Putinbot wrote: »
    The peace and quite is fücking awesome.
    During the recent feedback thread in AH it was said a few times that threads need to be allowed to run without mod interference. We've been trying really hard to not interfere as much and have only stepped in when stuff got really out of hand.

As to the 8th thread, who am I or anyone else to say what someone elses believes may be. Just because they seem trolling because they disagree with your point of view does not mean they are trolling.

Also, can you imagine the unholy row there would be if we banned the entire one side of a debate.

I am confused.

Jesus can none of ye take a joke. Have a read of the last few pages of this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057895039

Yeah but the charter also says that politics threads should be in politics forums and that's been let slide. They do add a more serious tone to AH.

We do need an alternative to AH & Politics isn't it. Why doesn't someone suggest a current affairs forum :pac:

• Advertisement

Jesus can none of ye take a joke. Have a read of the last few pages of this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057895039

What has that got to do with two, very popular, threads being closed because a Mod decided their weren't cheerful enough ?

Discodog wrote: »
    We do need an alternative to AH & Politics isn't it. Why doesn't someone suggest a current affairs forum :pac:

Who'd mod it?

Who'd mod it?

We've been here before & I am not going to rehash the arguments. It would be no different to AH, Politics & many other fora.

There is a thread in AH called has a mod ever gone rouge. A mod went rouge for 5 minutes. End of story but feel free to carry on bashing the place for another few hundred pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Helpdesk as this is about a specific forum, and is not Feedback.

didara

There is a thread in AH called has a mod ever gone rouge. A mod went rouge for 5 minutes. End of story but feel free to carry on bashing the place for another few hundred pages.

Is that why the two threads remain locked ? If something is deemed after dozens of pages to be in the wrong place, why not just move it & allow the discussion to continue.

Why is constructive comment always seen as bashing ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Oh those zany moderators. Locking threads for the laugh and changing thread titles all the time. Trying really hard to be funny. It's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So, I'm confused.. This was a mod trying to be funny, or another closing of very active threads because it was...

A) not "funny enough"?

B) not in line with that Mod's views on the topics?

C) too much "hassle" for mods to moderate? No doubt driven by reports who would rather such topics aren't discussed unless as a love in?

What happened to that Current Affairs forum idea anyway? That was months ago now.

And as an aside, maybe there should be a restriction on mods renaming themselves. I've never heard of the one in question, but I'm guessing it's another "regular" anyway?

Seriously lads.. Given all the points raised - again! - only recently, this was yet another bad move by the mod team. Will ye stand up and admit/reverse it though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The front page of AH has literally no locked threads aside from the stickies.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So agreed Freshpopcorn to receive the death penalty?

• Advertisement

So agreed Freshpopcorn to receive the death penalty?

Death by snu snu

Advertisement