Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muay Thai

Options
  • 28-07-2018 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, I am looking to start Muay Thai beginners classes, I’m 30 and living in drumcondra. Anywhere in town or north side that people would recommend for a beginner? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Technope87 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking to start Muay Thai beginners classes, I’m 30 and living in drumcondra. Anywhere in town or north side that people would recommend for a beginner? Thanks :)

My cousins gym, just around the corner from you up beside the bald eagle in phibsbourgh!

https://www.facebook.com/DublinCombatAcademy/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ASOT wrote: »
    My cousins gym, just around the corner from you up beside the bald eagle in phibsbourgh!

Might give it a look myself too. Beginner also.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Technope87

Cheers man, I’ll have a look!

They cater for all levels, also do boxing. One of main trainers/owners is Craig Coakley, probably the best 61kg fighter in Europe.

They cater for all levels, also do boxing. One of main trainers/owners is Craig Coakley, probably the best 61kg fighter in Europe.

Sounds good, perfect location for me aswell.

• Advertisement

Sounds good, perfect location for me aswell.

Pop in the times are on the Facebook, first class is free.

Pop in the times are on the Facebook, first class is free.

Yeah I’ll call in for a class. How much is it per month?

Yeah I’ll call in for a class. How much is it per month?

I haven't a clue off the top of my head sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I started with them back in the day. Top tip if you ever do a 1-2-1 with Craig make sure you're already in dam good shape it almost killed me lol! Top top guys if you want to get good they can get you very very good.

jimmii wrote: »
    I started with them back in the day. Top tip if you ever do a 1-2-1 with Craig make sure you're already in dam good shape it almost killed me lol! Top top guys if you want to get good they can get you very very good.

Yeah gonna call in soon for my first class seems to have good reviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeah gonna call in soon for my first class seems to have good reviews!

Collie is a superb coach you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Is the gym located near the cross guns snooker club?I tried to locate the gym the other day and couldn't find it.

thanks

rondog wrote: »
    Is the gym located near the cross guns snooker club?I tried to locate the gym the other day and couldn't find it.

thanks

Yeah it's in the fitness center directly behind it. If you go down the lane/alley it's the first right when the road turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

What standard is the boxing?I have a striking back ground and would love to start the boxing but at a beginner level so i can learn the basics.Any idea if beginners can rock up and join in?Is there sparring in the classes as id like to get involved with some sparring?
    thaniks

davmol wrote: »
    What standard is the boxing?I have a striking back ground and would love to start the boxing but at a beginner level so i can learn the basics.Any idea if beginners can rock up and join in?Is there sparring in the classes as id like to get involved with some sparring?
    thaniks

They cover all levels, you will be looked after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Great stuff.Do you know if they do any sparring after /during the class?cheers

davmol wrote: »
    Great stuff.Do you know if they do any sparring after /during the class?cheers

I haven't been in a while but yeah there's usually some type of sparring, defo sparring on Saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Drumcondra, yep this place for MT.

Advertisement