Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic-v-Sugar Free?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Black Noel

I use sweetners rather than sugar but they can also be problematic I'm told. What's the opinion on whether sweetners are better, much better, just as bad etc as/than sugar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

My opinion is that if you eat sugar products often, and your looking to completely replace sugar with fake sugar, but eat 'sweet' just as often as you always did, that's not a good idea.

Better to give up sugar completely, rid yourself of your addiction for it, and whenever you have a rare craving some something sweet, use fake sugar, so you don't to back to your constant craving for it.

I find fake sugar works really well in cream and yogurt. But anything savoury doesn't really work, in that it doesn't taste the same as real sugar.

Advertisement