Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silver trim over driver's window on A4 replacement

• 28-07-2018 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

The silver trim over my driver's door and passenger door is dented from an attempt to get into the car - (fortunately nobody did). Can anyone tell me where I could get replaceme- I have been searching the web all evening and can't find them - any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

scrap yard, ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

bazz26 wrote: »
    scrap yard, ebay?

Tried e-bay - can't find it - all I can find is the long silver strip that goes accross under the window - just above the handle but its the top silver bit I need for both sides - it would really help if I had a part number or even the correct description for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Try digging here for a diagram and part no.

http://www.oemepc.com/audi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Call in to a dealer's parts department and ask for price, it might not be that expensive.
    They can also give you parts number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Scrapyard would be the best bet. I would put money in the part being mega bucks from Audi plus one from a similar aged car will match the others in terms of weathering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Danick wrote: »
    Tried e-bay - can't find it - all I can find is the long silver strip that goes accross under the window - just above the handle but its the top silver bit I need for both sides - it would really help if I had a part number or even the correct description for it.

What generation A4 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

ION08 wrote: »
    What generation A4 is it?

Its a 2007-2015 model -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Tuco88

B8 model Then ��. Audi Sport.net a fella there can help you out on a parts data base.

+1 On the breakers tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

I find ECS Tuning useful for part numbers. For a saloon it looks like they might be:
    • 8K5853703G2ZZ
    • 8K5853704G2ZZ

Breakers yard is probably best bet. If you try partfinder.ie you might find one breaking near you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Whats the fear with people going to Audi dealers ? a visit or call to your local parts department will give you a part number and a price, the price isn't always going to be as ridiculous as you think - although for tirm pieces it probably will be. At least if you know the retail price you can judge if the price of one secondhand is a bargain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Place bets now!

I’m going with €250+ VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Place bets now!

I’m going with €250+ VAT.

I'm going to say around 150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

drevil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Advertisement