Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline - what has Eircom done?

Options
  • 28-07-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

4 weeks ago I contacted Eir to cancel only my broadband service (we had broadband and landline service).

I spoke to someone in Eir's "customer services" section. I explained that because my latest phone bill had been extortionate I wanted to cancel the broadband service and to revert to only making/receiving calls using the Eir landline.

The person I spoke to said that this could be done but that it would take one month to cancel the broadband service.

On 27th July, I tried to make a phone call using my landline only to find an automatic message saying that I had to get my phone re-connected!

I never requested my landline to be cancelled and why Eir cut my landline is beyond me because my bills are all fully paid and in fact my landline rental is paid until the end of August 2018. 

Using my mobile phone I tried to contact Eir today. No customer service was available. I phoned Eir's technical section and spoke with "Niamh" who told me that she could not assist me because the issue is a customer service issue.

I'd appreciate it if someone from Eir could contact me to rectify this situation. I need my phone landline to be working.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

hinault wrote: »
    4 weeks ago I contacted Eir to cancel only my broadband service (we had broadband and landline service).

I spoke to someone in Eir's "customer services" section. I explained that because my latest phone bill had been extortionate I wanted to cancel the broadband service and to revert to only making/receiving calls using the Eir landline.

The person I spoke to said that this could be done but that it would take one month to cancel the broadband service.

On 27th July, I tried to make a phone call using my landline only to find an automatic message saying that I had to get my phone re-connected!

I never requested my landline to be cancelled and why Eir cut my landline is beyond me because my bills are all fully paid and in fact my landline rental is paid until the end of August 2018. 

Using my mobile phone I tried to contact Eir today. No customer service was available. I phoned Eir's technical section and spoke with "Niamh" who told me that she could not assist me because the issue is a customer service issue.

I'd appreciate it if someone from Eir could contact me to rectify this situation. I need my phone landline to be working.
    Hi hinault ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement