Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Eir Broadband

Options
  • 28-07-2018 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So right now our internet is absolutely awful , for around 6 months this has been happeneing. During the day it works, but barely , awful speeds etc. At around 7pm , EVERY night , the internet disconnects, red light on the box. And every 10 - 30 minutes after, disconnects again and again and again. Impossible to do anything on it. We recently signed a contract around a month ago to get 20 euro off every month. Since then the problem has gotten worse, disconnects even more frequently. So since the 14 day cooling off period is over, we cannot cancel and keep our money. But I recently noticed that there are broadband consumer rights. ' If the service is bad, this constitutes a breach of contract ' . I think this surely qualifies are bad service. Can anyone help? We have had people come around from Eir to fix it , but they never actually fixed it..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

wsean00 wrote: »
    So right now our internet is absolutely awful , for around 6 months this has been happeneing. During the day it works, but barely , awful speeds etc. At around 7pm , EVERY night , the internet disconnects, red light on the box. And every 10 - 30 minutes after, disconnects again and again and again. Impossible to do anything on it. We recently signed a contract around a month ago to get 20 euro off every month. Since then the problem has gotten worse, disconnects even more frequently. So since the 14 day cooling off period is over, we cannot cancel and keep our money. But I recently noticed that there are broadband consumer rights. ' If the service is bad, this constitutes a breach of contract ' . I think this surely qualifies are bad service. Can anyone help? We have had people come around from Eir to fix it , but they never actually fixed it..
    Hi wsean00 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I would reccomend contacting our support team on 1901 to have this looked into further.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement