Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxious about moving back to Ireland.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

OP, do you have any family/friends to come home to for a while?
    How did you get to the situation where you have no money whatsoever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

OP, do you actually have any money? As in, can you support yourself here while you look for a job? Can you use AirBnB until you find a job?

If you can't do any of this, then you're in no position financially to move back. Stay where you are, work, save.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭keffiyeh

jobless wrote: »
    OP, do you have any family/friends to come home to for a while?
    How did you get to the situation where you have no money whatsoever?

Had a job, was pretty bad, gave notice, they screwed me on about €1400 owed as a result, said they wouldn't cancel my visa application to basically screw me out of getting somewhere else there, hopped to the next nearest country to find something quick because I only had about €200 after the flight, couldn't find anything. Third day in a terminal now, had an offer of a ticket home but by the time I'd gone to the terminal found out that it came on the condition that I move back into my childhood home where I was badly abused, with the abuser, so I said no to that. Now looking at having to present myself to police in the morning and get deported basically, then hit the bricks when back in Dublin.

Yeah, this is not the right subforum for my predicament anymore is it :D things kind of deteriorated when I learned what I'd have to do to get back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

keffiyeh wrote: »
    Had a job, was pretty bad, gave notice, they screwed me on about €1400 owed as a result, said they wouldn't cancel my visa application to basically screw me out of getting somewhere else there, hopped to the next nearest country to find something quick because I only had about €200 after the flight, couldn't find anything. Third day in a terminal now, had an offer of a ticket home but by the time I'd gone to the terminal found out that it came on the condition that I move back into my childhood home where I was badly abused, with the abuser, so I said no to that. Now looking at having to present myself to police in the morning and get deported basically, then hit the bricks when back in Dublin.

Yeah, this is not the right subforum for my predicament anymore is it :D things kind of deteriorated when I learned what I'd have to do to get back home.

Be safe and look after yourself OP and hope you find a safe place soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭keffiyeh

Can't reply to your message for whatever reason TreGats. Thanks for the message. T-2 hours before I go to the police and see what they'll do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement