Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay at ATM

Options
  • 29-07-2018 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Is this possible ?? I’ve been told by 2 people you can use your Apple Pay on iPhone at an ATM but an employee of AIB said the technology wasn’t there yet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Currently available in a couple of usa banks. Only a matter of time to come to Europe

https://9to5mac.com/2018/01/15/apple-pay-report-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I was in Gran Canaria recently and they had contactless readers on their ATMs.

But I'm nearly certain I seen a contactless reader on an ATM here, but I can't for the life of me remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yup it’s not here. Probably will be some time before they come as BOI and AIB put out new machines within the last 5 years. Considering the life span of ATMs I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dollylama

I'm pretty sure the drop-in ATM in one of the local shops has a contactless pad... I'll check later. Granted it's not a bank ATM but it spits out money just the same

Advertisement