Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ahed Tamimi - a young woman to admire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Odhinn wrote: »
    I thought that second link referred to both sides.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-idf-gays-who-help-blackmail-gays-1.5305326

"The story was widely told as part of the media’s coverage of a refusal letter by veterans from Israel’s elite intelligence unit, Unit 8200, in September 2014. According to those who signed the letter, which announced their refusal to continue serving in the reserves, Israeli intelligence and security services systematically used the sexual orientation of West Bank Palestinians in order to blackmail and threaten them."
    https://972mag.com/why-i-wont-be-participating-in-tel-avivs-pride-parade/107499/

Ah good man Nodin, you always come out to defend jihadi terrorist anti semitic scum!
    keep it up pal !!

You are such a "progressive" !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

Ah good man Nodin, you always come out to defend jihadi terrorist anti semitic scum!
    keep it up pal !!

You are such a "progressive" !!

From an account set up in December 2017:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I thought

If you wish to have an argument how Palestine is even remotely, a 1/100th, as progressive toward LGBT rights as Israel I do fear for your sanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Exactly, yet the anti semitic jew hating main stream media will portray this nazi scumbag **** as a hero.

And boards mentally ill leftist twats will clap along .

disgusting

There’s a fairly unhinged post, itself.

Plenty of centrists hate Israel too. I don’t understand the love of Israel from the deranged right.

If you wish to have an argument how Palestine is even remotely, a 1/100th, as progressive toward LGBT rights as Israel I do fear for your sanity.

What’s it to you. Are you otherwise a huge defender of lgbt rights?

From an account set up in December 2017:rolleyes:

Yeah I know right!
    my opinion must be totally ****ing invalid !! - I mean this new "Nodin" account was set up in Nov 2017, but it's ok he has the right opinion so all good.

‘Algeria, where are your Jews?’ – Hillel Neuer at U.N. human rights council

https://youtu.be/35eEljsSQfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ah the good ol boys "in the know" have it all figured out. Pity the rest of us uninformed can't keep up. Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This Israel? - so progressive they blackmail gay palestinians.

"The story was widely told as part of the media’s coverage of a refusal letter by veterans from Israel’s elite intelligence unit, Unit 8200, in September 2014. According to those who signed the letter, which announced their refusal to continue serving in the reserves, Israeli intelligence and security services systematically used the sexual orientation of West Bank Palestinians in order to blackmail and threaten them."
    https://972mag.com/why-i-wont-be-participating-in-tel-avivs-pride-parade/107499/

• Advertisement

Yeah I know right!
    my opinion must be totally ****ing invalid !! - I mean this new "Nodin" account was set up in Nov 2017, but it's ok he has the right opinion so all good.

Obviously your own account is a re-reg considering your familiarity with Nodin:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Thoughtform

Careful now you don't want to make a comment about the "jew hating left"or you'll get a weeks holiday from after hours like I did on the other thread!
    But the left don't all hate Jews. And much of the right hate them. I'm pretty sure the right hating Jews had some pretty serious consequences approximately 75 years ago.

It's cool and edgy for far right-wingers to hate Jews too. They don't know why - but it's the thing to do.

Saying critics of the Israeli military = automatically anti-semitic... it has been well established that this is utter tripe. As bad as saying anyone who's critical of Islamic fundamentalism is a racist or nazi (also tripe).

Then again you did thank a post stating:
    "the anti semitic jew hating main stream media will portray this nazi scumbag **** as a hero.

And boards mentally ill leftist twats will clap along .

disgusting" from the same person who said "She is a terrorist scumbag" (no comment of course on the soldier shooting a kid).

I honestly recommend not viewing things in terms of just one way or the other way/with us or against us... and considering the variety of nuance in between.

What’s it to you. Are you otherwise a huge defender of lgbt rights?

Yes.

Ah the good ol boys "in the know" have it all figured out. Pity the rest of us uninformed can't keep up. Sigh

Invalid opinion, account set up in Nov 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yes.

But you're happy enough for Israel to use gay palestinians sexuality against them.

Invalid opinion, account set up in Nov 2017
    Only invalid if you're sarcastically referring to an account that's inactive since before your reg date and you are trying to score points ..dems d'rules

• Advertisement

This Israel?

I can post quotes too, this is one I'm sure you're familiar with as it was in the Vice article you posted.

Saif is wondering what would happen if his homosexuality was made public. As a gay guy in the Palestinian West Bank, such information could see him murdered. While his sexuality remains hidden from his direct family, Saif said local Palestinian Authority police are aware and keep files on him and other homosexuals, blackmailing them into working as spies and informants.

Let it go Odhinn, when Palestine holds their first gay pride, as is the norm in Tel Aviv, we can start comparing them to Israel

There’s a fairly unhinged post, itself.
    It really is.
    Plenty of centrists hate Israel too.
    Well I don't believe in hating Israel, but anyone with sense would recognise that its government and military go way overboard in punishing innocent people. This can easily be seen without being a shinner, an anti semitic, an apologist for Islamic fundamentalism, but "must not share the same opinion as any of them!" :D
    I don’t understand the love of Israel from the deranged right.
    They've changed their tune all right. ;)
    Think it just comes from being anti Islam (not that I have a problem with that when it comes to extremism) - the enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda thing.

But you're happy enough for Israel to use gay palestinians sexuality against them.

Where have I stated this? Oh that's right I never did, but please continue your usual tactic of making up quotes in an attempt to win a debate, I expect nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

She is a brave feisty wee lass...a modern day Joan of Arc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Yes.

Of course he doesn't give a **** about the lgbt community. Sure aren't they the liberal left.

Palestinians are Muslims. Therefore dehumanised automatically by his ilk.

• Advertisement

Of course he doesn't give a **** about the lgbt community. Sure aren't they the liberal left.
    It's like being blanket opposed to abortion no matter how early... but just accepting of Israeli military killing children.

No matter how contradictory certain positions are, so long as they are in line with being on the right or left, that's the most important thing.

• Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭flookdgates

She got out of prison after only 8 months? LOL I smell a rat. Her own side will take care of her. I suspect she will "coincidentally" be in the building next time Israel drone strike a weapons factory.

Obviously your own account is a re-reg considering your familiarity with Nodin:cool:

Nope, long term reader on here, short term poster ....

Of course he doesn't give a **** about the lgbt community.

Except I do.
    by his ilk.

Believe me I don't want to be part of your minority clique.

It's like being blanket opposed to abortion no matter how early... but just accepting of Israeli military killing children.

I voted yes to repeal the 8th.
    I personally canvassed for a yes vote in the SSM referendum, but...

I also support Israel's right to exist, unfortunately this means I'm slightly harder to label for the mouthy few gombeens of After Hours who can see only in monochrome, seeing contradictions instead of nuance.

Except I do.

Believe me I don't want to be part of your minority clique.

You couldn't give a ****.

Minority clique...?

I'm talking about you and your ilk on here. Your so transparent . No ones buying it.

No ones buying it.

You are not in any authority here, your opinion is mute to me and most others, I could be offended by one who doubts my sincerity when it comes to LGBT rights, but as it's you, I genuinely couldn't give a f##k

No matter how contradictory certain positions are, so long as they are in line with being on the right or left, that's the most important thing.

It is , its tribal.

Look at himself. He see's Palestinians as just Muslims meaning he has to dehumanize, because's him and his ilk have thought themselves that this is a rational way to think( ie. go through the is Muslim right for Ireland thread)

How can anyone not be critical of Netanyahu and his governments actions. There is dissent in Israeli. It's only going to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I also support Israel's right to exist, unfortunately this means I'm slightly harder to label for the mouthy few gombeens of After Hours who can see only in monochrome, seeing contradictions instead of nuance.

Do you support Israeli security forces using blackmail against Palestinians because of their sexual preferences?

Its an easy question to answer with a yes or no.

You are not in any authority here, your opinion is mute to me and most others, I could be offended by one who doubts my sincerity when it comes to LGBT rights, but as it's you, I genuinely couldn't give a f##k

You and your ilk

I don't doubt your sincerity when it comes to the dehumanization of other humans.

I don't believe your sincerity when it comes to the lgbt community and you don't either.

• Advertisement

How can anyone not be critical of Netanyahu and his governments actions.
    And pretending that criticism is only due to anti semitism, a kid slapping a soldier being referred to as scum and a terrorist (now I agree she shouldn't have done it, but those descriptions are hysterical, and of course no mention of what the soldier was doing to provoke such a retaliation). A kind of madness takes over really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Kivaro wrote: »
    000_WP432-e1516022267577-640x400.jpg

I think I had a one-night stand with that woman on the right. We were knocking back pints in Grogans on a Tuesday night and then I woke up next to her hungover to bits.

That was the face I remember when she saw the poster of me, naked hugging C3PO on the bedroom wall, with my penis wrapped in gold tinsel.

Look at himself. He see's Palestinians as just Muslims meaning he has to dehumanize

Ah resorting to the same tactic as Odhinn of making up false claims that are paper thin, it's desperately sad.

How about I do exactly as you have and see how you respond;
    Look at himself. He see's Israelis as just Jews meaning he has to dehumanize
    This an accurate profile of yourself?

Do you support Israeli security forces using blackmail against Palestinians because of their sexual preferences?

Of course it's easy to answer yes or no, of course I don't, where have I stated otherwise?

Nope, long term reader on here, short term poster ....

Yeh just holding it all in until the release of a 15 year old Palestinian were you?

Nothing else caused you to get involved in an Irish forum. Not even Irish topics.

And pretending that criticism is only due to anti semitism, a kid slapping a soldier being referred to as scum and a terrorist (now I agree she shouldn't have done it, but those descriptions are hysterical, and of course no mention of what the soldier was doing to provoke such a retaliation). A kind of madness takes over really.

Because she's Muslim. She's scum, shes a terrorist. She deserves it.

Dehumanization.

This is usually based off sustained propaganda. People buy into it. Before they know it, there actively championing the massacre of innocents based solely off their religion.

Its scary all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I also support Israel's right to exist

So do I, it's the slaughtering innocent women and children and stealing land I have a problem with.

Ah resorting to the same tactic as Odhinn of making up false claims that are paper thin, it's desperately sad.

People who accept and defend the Israeli military killing innocent people (and object to people being critical of this) - well I don't know for certain but can you not see why this would be viewed as an anti muslim stance? Think about the seriousness of it - actually defending the killing and other mistreatment of innocent people... what could be the justification for that?

Whereas just being critical of the above - because it's a pretty standard thing to be critical of, how is there grounds for describing this as anti semitism? Of course it isn't. I suspect the anti semitism catcall is just thrown out there by people who need something, however straw-clutching, to make them feel better about what they're defending.

Of course it's easy to answer yes or no, of course I don't, where have I stated otherwise?

• Advertisement

What does Odhinn have to do with me? Nothing. Move on.

I funnily enough don't think of Isreal and the first thing comes to mind is Jew.

Do you? . I think of the sea of Galileo , because I've been there and its beautiful.

That's the difference between you and your ilk. You see colour and creed first.

I feel sorry for you. You think its ok to dehumanize other humans and that's frankly pathetic.

actually defending the killing and other mistreatment of innocent people... what could be the justification for that?.

I'll answer your question right after you post a quote by anyone here doing just that... I'll skip to it, you can't, because not one person here has defended the killing of innocent Palestinians, but claiming all supporters of Israel only do so because they hate Muslims is just as imbecilic as claiming all critics of Israel do so because they hate Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

So a person slaps a member of the security forces in the face and gets jailed. Where is the story here. That could and would happen in any country in the world. Assaulting a member of the police/army is a serious offence.

I'll answer your question right after you post a quote by anyone here doing just that... I'll skip to it, you can't, because not one person here has defended the killing of innocent Palestinians, but claiming all supporters of Israel only do so because they hate Muslims is just as imbecilic as claiming all critics of Israel do so because they hate Jews.
    But people will not hear a word said against the Israeli military's tactics on Palestinians - so much so, that they resort to calling justified criticism of this anti semitism, one person said it was mental illness and nazi! They are more bothered by a kid doing something stupid but ultimately harmless in anger rather than another kid being shot by a grown man. How is that not being defensive of, or at least accepting of, the Israeli military's excessive force? And why be so accepting of it? It isn't unreasonable to suspect that the (or a) reason must be because Palestinians are muslims. Give me another reason why. Israel having a right to defend itself - well I agree with that but not with how crazily overboard it goes.

I feel sorry for you.
    Well I'm heartbroken, that one as demonstrably as inteligent, witty, well travelled, and not at all anti-Semitic doesn't like me is devastating. But this thread isn't about me or you so how about we get back to discussing the topic at hand rather than letting me know how dissapointed you are with me.

But people will not hear a word said against the Israeli military's tactics on Palestinians - so much so, that they resort to calling justified criticism of this anti semitism, one person said it was mental illness and nazi! They are more bothered by a kid doing something stupid but ultimately harmless in anger rather than another kid being shot by a grown man. How is that not being defensive of, or at least accepting of, the Israeli military's excessive force? And why be so accepting of it? It isn't unreasonable to suspect that the (or a) reason must be because Palestinians are muslims. Give me another reason why. Israel having a right to defend itself - well I agree with that but not with how crazily overboard it goes.

He won't answer the question because;

(A) He has to admit, the actions of blackmailing a gay person for their sexuality is wrong. That would be critical of the IDF.
    (B) He has to admit that a Palestinian is a an actual human being. That deserves to be treated not like that.

A champion of gay rights he is:pac:

Simple question to answer, he of course wont.

• Advertisement

I wasn't referring to you specifically but my point still stands - there are folk who are awful upset by abortion apparently but kids being killed in Palestine or Syria or Burma? Not a bother.

I'm similar to you in that I can't be pigeonholed politically, but there are folk who are weirdly defensive of Israel policy on Palestine because if they weren't, they'd be agreeing with the left, instead of just seeing blatant mistreatment for what it is. Same as "liberals" not criticising, say, the child abuse rings in Britain, because that would be sharing a view with the right.

He has to admit, the actions of blackmailing a gay person for their sexuality is wrong. That would be critical of the IDF.

If you could stop frothing at the mouth for just long enough to actually read the thread you will see I already gave a clear answer to this question.

As with every thread you make yourself known in, you cannot debate with any maturity or intelligence, not once have you ever contributed any links or sources to support your side of an argument, your modus operandi is to personally attack those with differing opinions to yourself, it's pathethic, it's childish, it's reason enough for me to add you to ignore. Ta Ta darling.

Well I'm heartbroken, that one as demonstrably as inteligent, witty, well travelled, and not at all anti-Semitic doesn't like me is devastating. But this thread isn't about me or you so how about we get back to discussing the topic at hand rather than letting me know how dissapointed you are with me.

There are you are again.

How did you become so full of hatred. Why?.

Where did you learn that dehumanization is good thing?.

You still haven't grasped the simple concept that being critical of Netanhyu and his governments action isn't antisemitism.

If that's all you've got as a defense for your bigotry. Your standing on nothing. How did you become like this?.

If you could stop frothing at the mouth for just long enough to actually read the thread you will see I already gave a clear answer to this question.

As with every thread you make yourself known in, you cannot debate with any maturity or intelligence, not once have you ever contributed any links or sources to support your side of an argument, your modus operandi is to personally attack those with differing opinions to yourself, it's pathethic, it's childish, it's reason enough for me to add you to ignore. Ta Ta darling.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

timthumbni wrote: »
    So a person slaps a member of the security forces in the face and gets jailed. Where is the story here. That could and would happen in any country in the world. Assaulting a member of the police/army is a serious offence.

I think it's the wider context where the "security forces" are a military arm of an oppressing power.

• Advertisement
Advertisement