Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securlink GSM unit

Options
  • 29-07-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a HKC Securewatch 8/12 alarm system which is no longer monitored. It has a GSM unit fitted beside it which is labelled HKC Securewatch as well and is roughly the same size as the control panel. My question is can this be set up to text me and if so can I also remotely arm/disarm my alarm using that GSM? Will this take a standard prepaid sim card ? I know it is obsolete equipment now but it may still have a use! Any manual available for that old Gsm unit?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bibrock wrote: »
    I have a HKC Securewatch 8/12 alarm system which is no longer monitored. It has a GSM unit fitted beside it which is labelled HKC Securewatch as well and is roughly the same size as the control panel. My question is can this be set up to text me and if so can I also remotely arm/disarm my alarm using that GSM? Will this take a standard prepaid sim card ? I know it is obsolete equipment now but it may still have a use! Any manual available for that old Gsm unit?

Thanks

You would need to know what is inside the unit.
    P.W. use to use these with a GSM which just provided a line out for the alarm.
    If it is the HKC GSM/M then yes, it can be used for self monitoring and remote access to the alarm system.
    You would need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. Also needs a 2G sim to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

It can be re used with a new sim to self monitor

Advertisement