Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Design only

Options
  • 29-07-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows, if it is possible to get someone to design a garden and then leave us to get the products and do the manual work at our own pace?

Really need an idea but don't have the cash to do it all in one go.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

That really shouldn't be a problem. The only problem is finding someone that is any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭standardg60

my3cents wrote: »
    That really shouldn't be a problem. The only problem is finding someone that is any good.

+1
    Imo you're better off spending a couple of quid on a garden design book to learn the basics, your own plan is usually what's going to work best for you.

Most 'designers' are only capable of transferring something they've already seen in a book or on a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

+1
    Imo you're better off spending a couple of quid on a garden design book to learn the basics, your own plan is usually what's going to work best for you.

Most 'designers' are only capable of transferring something they've already seen in a book or on a course.

Have to agree, go down the library and get a book on design.
    Once you know your soil, your aspect and your style your should be able to do it yourself. You'll love it more if it's your own design too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Go visit gardens and copy someone else's design.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Garden design is hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Duroboy

Why not spend the money on a good consult with a reputable company in Cork, and make yourself aware of the costs associated with implimenting such a design, normally these personal consults will also give you good design ideas, and you can work from there. Don't underestimate taking a garden design on yourself, long term it could cost you alot more, if you don't get the basics right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Got a present of the Royal Horticultural Society Encyclopedia of Garden Design (ISBN 978-0-2412-8613-5) for my birthday and reckon it would be a very good starting point for designing your own garden. Since I am just working part time at the moment I was going to advertise to do garden jobs locally once I'm back from holidays in September. I've worked in landscaping before and was thinking that anyone thinking of starting their own garden should read through this book first to get their ideas on what they want from their new garden organised.

Advertisement