Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ben Dinnery reporting ‘nothing major’

Might be just a strain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Benimar wrote: »
    Ben Dinnery reporting ‘nothing major’

Might be just a strain.

8 days rehab aswell to factor in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Whatever way you look at it it's bad news for Salah owners. Is Klopp really going to risk him away to Huddersfield if there is any doubt? If he starts will he be at full pelt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Whatever way you look at it it's bad news for Salah owners. Is Klopp really going to risk him away to Huddersfield if there is any doubt? If he starts will he be at full pelt?

And removes him as a captaincy option too which was the whole feckin point of keeping him
    SO ANNOYING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

sicknotexi wrote: »

Great news for Mane owners tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    And removes him as a captaincy option too which was the whole feckin point of keeping him
    SO ANNOYING

Not really. If he’s ok he starts, if not he won’t even be in the squad. Just pick a good VC.

I think people are over reacting a bit. We need to wait for more news, if it is just a strain he should be fine. Given he went back on the pitch after the initial injury, it can’t have been too serious to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Not really. If he’s ok he starts, if not he won’t even be in the squad. Just pick a good VC.

I think people are over reacting a bit. We need to wait for more news, if it is just a strain he should be fine. Given he went back on the pitch after the initial injury, it can’t have been too serious to begin with.

It's more the fear that it won't take as much to strain it again I would think. It's a mentally thing also. Pool 3-0 up Klopp would just sub Salah incase of straining it again etc. All variables of course

It's more the fear that it won't take as much to strain it again I would think. It's a mentally thing also. Pool 3-0 up Klopp would just sub Salah incase of straining it again etc. All variables of course

Players are more susceptible to getting strains in the last 10 mins of games, so if Salah starts he should be good for 80 or so. I’ll take 80 minutes of Salah against Huddersfield over 60 of Aguero v Burnley all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

From a FF point of view, would be great if he got injured for a while, Sturridge at 5.8m would be gold

Ace2007 wrote: »
    From a FF point of view, would be great if he got injured for a while, Sturridge at 5.8m would be gold

Shaqiri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That Salah injury doesn't look bad.

Plenty of time to get info and make a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Let's calm on the Sturridge talk a bit. He'll be injured himself soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sturridge fractured his ear due to hearing about all the FPL managers thinking of bringing him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Think I'll move the captaincy armband from Salah to Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Really really hope Salah is fit. I've held for this long :(

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Really really hope Salah is fit. I've held for this long :(

I’m going to think positively
    He will now probably fly back to Liverpool earlier than expected and be well rested .....

I’m going to think positively
    He will now probably fly back to Liverpool earlier than expected and be well rested .....

He’s already back in Liverpool apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Might get him in when he's 12.5

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Might get him in when he's 12.5

Next August so ;)

In other bad news
    http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1051142565540626433

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

KevIRL wrote: »
    Salah RIP

Jesus for a minute......

@BenDinnery: Virgil van Dijk has been ruled out of #NED friendly with Belgium due to injury. The Liverpool defender scored the opening goal in his country’s 3-0 win over rivals Germany last night but aggravated a rib problem and won’t be risked on Tuesday. #LFC

@BenDinnery: Virgil van Dijk has been ruled out of #NED friendly with Belgium due to injury. The Liverpool defender scored the opening goal in his country’s 3-0 win over rivals Germany last night but aggravated a rib problem and won’t be risked on Tuesday. #LFC

Been carrying that since the PSG game. I’d suspect there was an agreement in place not to play him v Belgium.

Been carrying that since the PSG game. I’d suspect there was an agreement in place not to play him v Belgium.

I hope there was a salah agreement to go down injured at end of game too :D
    I’ve a feeling he will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hadn't realised Salah played 88 minutes. What time did he pick up the knock? Towards the end of the game? Or did he play on for a good while and come off as the game was winding down?

One of my best gwk's I remember is 4 seasons back when I forgot to press confirm on my team changes and ended with an 'injured' Diego Costa as my captain. He scored 2 and assisted one and nobody had him. A cautionary tale for Salah owners, who I don't have btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Mane could be out for Huddersfield game as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For **** sake

• Advertisement

Well that’s my salah replacement gone :@if I had just been sensible and banked my transfer I’d have shaqiri back in for his annual appearance In my team
    A rare player that I always seem to own at the right time .......

Advertisement