Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Zouma back in contention. Marco Silva has a "headache" re centre-back selection, which is no doubt being shared by some FPL managers :D

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1065964421611163649?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i suspected Mendy would be out a while. it was very strategic by Pep i think to try and time it so that he'd be back for the run-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

manual_man wrote: »

Not only fit, but will play, according to Mourinho:

“Martial stayed with us, he didn’t go with the [France] national team. He worked really hard. He was in a pre-injury situation, but worked really hard and he’s going to play tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any lacazz latest ? He’s yellow flagged

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What’s the latest on Danny Ings?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

MrMac84 wrote: »

Sounds like bench at best.

MrMac84 wrote: »

Pretty sure Dinnery tweeted earlier that he wouldn’t be available for this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I thought he was more than likely going to be on the bench and might come on if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I thought he was more than likely going to be on the bench and might come on if needs be.

Hughes said he was back in light training Thursday so I’d imagine bench and they might throw him on if struggling up front at end of game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, I thought there was a quote from Hughes saying similar.

Found it.

"Hughes on Ings: "Clearly we've got to get him out on the grass [in training] to establish whether or not he's going to be able to take part. It might be that he's an option from the bench if we feel that's all he's capable of."

"might" be on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Shaw still red flagged? Did he not just get a one match ban for 5 yellows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I see Hazard is flag on the site now with an ankle injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I see Hazard is flag on the site now with an ankle injury

Should be grand
    "My injury, I think, is not something bad," he said following the defeat to Tottenham. "I think I just twisted my ankle, but it’s like every game, it’s the same. I am used to [it] and I will be back soon." #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I've copied this from a recent comment on FFS

Guardiola says Bernardo Silva could/should return against Bournemouth, Jesus got a muscle problem in training yesterday, apparently not serious, and Gundogan "had a problem with his foot, the bone" and they wanted to avoid more problems with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Bilva could be the City player to see the most game time in the upcoming congested period as he has already missed both the West Ham and Lyon games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Bilva could be the City player to see the most game time in the upcoming congested period as he has already missed both the West Ham and Lyon games.

I feel like the conversation was brought up a while ago about forget the guessing pick 1 and stick with them I got sterling in gw4 he missed a 5-0 home win but has returned 86 points in the other 9 games I am not dreaming of selling him he will miss a max of 1 game out of 7 or 8 and is consistently playing 75+ in all other games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's annoying news about Gabriel Jesus. Suspect it means Aguero plays the 90 tomorrow and is potentially rested for Saturday if Jesus is recovered by then. Aguero was great in that Bournemouth fixture last season:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42375904

I'd captain him if I was sure he'd get enough time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I feel like the conversation was brought up a while ago about forget the guessing pick 1 and stick with them I got sterling in gw4 he missed a 5-0 home win but has returned 86 points in the other 9 games I am not dreaming of selling him he will miss a max of 1 game out of 7 or 8 and is consistently playing 75+ in all other games

Have had sterling from the start. Just wish I'd captained him each week. I will now

• Advertisement

That's annoying news about Gabriel Jesus. Suspect it means Aguero plays the 90 tomorrow and is potentially rested for Saturday if Jesus is recovered by then. Aguero was great in that Bournemouth fixture last season:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42375904

I'd captain him if I was sure he'd get enough time.
    Personally, I don't think that playing 90 mins will affect Aguero starting at the weekend. As I pointed out before his mins over the last six weeks are not high due to him not being involved internationally and he sat out both Shakhtar games. Experience so far this season suggests that he starts against Bournemouth but comes off around the hour mark (and he has regularly delivered 6 points with that game time). Worth noting that Aguero played 90 mins against Hoffenheim earlier in the season and then started against Liverpool the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Personally, I don't think that playing 90 mins will affect Aguero starting at the weekend. As I pointed out before his mins over the last six weeks are not high due to him not being involved internationally and he sat out both Shakhtar games. Experience so far this season suggests that he starts against Bournemouth but comes off around the hour mark (and he has regularly delivered 6 points with that game time). Worth noting that Aguero played 90 mins against Hoffenheim earlier in the season and then started against Liverpool the following weekend.
    He was then going to have 2 weeks off due to the international break so we arent comparing like with like. Whereas this time around they play watford away 3 days later and then chelsea away another 4 days later. If jesus is fit for the weekend and aguero starts tonight I cant see him start both the bournemouth and watford games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

He was then going to have 2 weeks off due to the international break so we arent comparing like with like. Whereas this time around they play watford away 3 days later and then chelsea away another 4 days later. If jesus is fit for the weekend and aguero starts tonight I cant see him start both the bournemouth and watford games.

I could see him playing this weekend and then being rested for Watford and then start for Chelsea.He was probably always going to be playing tonight anyway and Pep doesn't rush back players from injury so Jesus could be out anyway .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pep doesn't rush back players from injury.

He rushed KDB back which saw him being injured again.

As said above, if Aguero is to be rested, it would most likely be for the Watford game. Of course, he might start all of the next three PL games but only play 60 mins of each, rather than sit out a full game, as has been the case so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

As said above, if Aguero is to be rested, it would most likely be for the Watford game. Of course, he might start all of the next three PL games but only play 60 mins of each, rather than sit out a full game, as has been the case so far.

I think this is the thing for me to move on to a combo of Kane and Sterling instead of Aguero.

The injury was more so the tackle that happened.If remember correctly was he not rested the PL game and played the Carabo cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

KDB injured his other knee this time around.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46074782

I'm assuming you're not Man City or Belgiums pyhsio so not exactly in a position to state the above as fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The injury was more so the tackle that happened.If remember correctly was he not rested the PL game and played the Carabo cup game.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    KDB injured his other knee this time around.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46074782

I'm assuming you're not Man City or Belgiums pyhsio so not exactly in a position to state the above as fact.

He was still rushed back. Pep could have let him train more to get back to full fitness instead of playing him in the Burnley, Spurs and Fulham games where there was a greater risk of injury. He would then have been fully fit for the Southampton game ahead of United at home.

• Advertisement

He was still rushed back. Pep could have let him train more to get back to full fitness instead of playing him in the Burnley, Spurs and Fulham games where there was a greater risk of injury. He would then have been fully fit for the Southampton game ahead of United at home.

But he was fully fit and injury happened to the other knee where a player fell on his leg.

Advertisement