Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

He was still rushed back. Pep could have let him train more to get back to full fitness instead of playing him in the Burnley, Spurs and Fulham games where there was a greater risk of injury. He would then have been fully fit for the Southampton game ahead of United at home.
    I'm pretty sure that KdB was back in first team training ahead of the then international window but didn't join up with Belgium. The physios felt him well enough to go back to training and then he had two weeks before he played in a match, doesn't sound rushed back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that KdB was back in first team training ahead of the then international window but didn't join up with Belgium. The physios felt him well enough to go back to training and then he had two weeks before he played in a match, doesn't sound rushed back to me.

Thats exactly what happened. At some point players have to be put back out on the pitch.

He also injured the other knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Benimar wrote: »
    Thats exactly what happened. At some point players have to be put back out on the pitch.

He also injured the other knee.

So which knee was it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kevin-de-bruyne-knee-injury-news-latest-update-manchester-city-united-derby-a8614231.html

Right first, left second injury

Also, he returned to training on 1 October, and got injured in a game on 31 October. Played his first game back on 20 October. Hardly rushed back in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He rushed KDB back which saw him being injured again.

Mis-managed his minutes is what I remember thinking. I was watching the match, it was a high tempo physical affair. As KdB remained on the pitch (while other City players were subbed) I remember thinking "what the hell Pep! Are you trying to get him injured again or what!"

People may point to the tackle but when you've only recently returned from a fairly lengthy layoff, your body is at extra risk if you're played too much too soon. It's easy to argue hindsight but really this situation was blaringly obvious at the time to someone with even a limited knowledge of such injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Matt Ryan is yellow flagged. Any reason why? He be alright for the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

manual_man wrote: »
    Mis-managed his minutes is what I remember thinking. I was watching the match, it was a high tempo physical affair. As KdB remained on the pitch (while other City players were subbed) I remember thinking "what the hell Pep! Are you trying to get him injured again or what!"

People may point to the tackle but when you've only recently returned from a fairly lengthy layoff, your body is at extra risk if you're played too much too soon. It's easy to argue hindsight but really this situation was blaringly obvious at the time to someone with even a limited knowledge of such injuries

They were giving him minutes to get up to speed . and was doing fine,he was well past full recovery but not played in a while .It was a bad tackle that caused the injury .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    Absolute soldier.

Absolute taepot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

km79 wrote: »
    Absolute taepot

Absolute aardvark.

This is a fun game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1067773102459969537?s=21

If you’re ever going to rest him, Fulham at home is one of the best times.

Dinnery also says he hasn’t been training with the group until yesterday.

Paully D wrote: »

I would assume the rests Sarri refers to will be Europa firstly. But it certainly has me wary of taking a hot to get him in especially when I am likely to captain aguero anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah I was going to bring him in if completely fit but that seems enough to send me elsewhere with my plans.

When is that quote from Sarri though ?

Was it recent ?

I think I read that about 3 days ago.

When is that quote from Sarri though ?

Was it recent ?

I think I read that about 3 days ago.
    Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Held tough on Hazard to Sterling because of the weekend fixture. If I missed out on rises/falls for nothing I'll be in a rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

I'm not sure Sarri would want to turn the drama of a defeat to Spurs into the crisis of that defeat followed by a bad result with Fulham, in what is after all a derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Markx wrote: »
    I'm not sure Sarri would want to turn the drama of a defeat to Spurs into the crisis of that defeat followed by a bad result with Fulham, in what is after all a derby.
    Would agree with that. Another 3 games in a week though changes the outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Alexis Sanchez suffered a hamstring injury in training today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Alexis Sanchez suffered a hamstring injury in training today

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1068264318658068486?s=21

Who? I vaguely remember someone similarly named being FFS gold a few years back, but could be mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

patmac wrote: »
    Who? I vaguely remember someone similarly named being FFS gold a few years back, but could be mistaken.

Michu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Michu?

He must mean Cedric!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He went to that team that attacking footballers go to die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any further updates on Hazard?

dahat wrote: »
    Any further updates on Hazard?

Sarri didn't mention him in the post match presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Klopp: "We had an intense game, and we have a lot of knocks. We have to see."

Nice and specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

spock. wrote: »
    Klopp: "We had an intense game, and we have a lot of knocks. We have to see."

Nice and specific.

what i'll say is, he'll want to bounce back after midweek, and he can't take any chances in the League. plus it's a derby. i think you can be quite sure he'll be playing all the players that anyone will have.

they can have a rest against Burnley if really, really necessary.

Robertson, VVD, Allisson (obviously), Salah, Mane and Firmino will all play. 'A lot of knocks' is so vague it's not worth worrying about. in the past, Klopp has been very specific about injuries, and there hasn't been a sniff of any major injuries in the group.

Advertisement