Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Eddie Howe reports that Callum Wilson (hamstring), Joshua King (flu) and Ryan Fraser (hamstring) will all face late fitness checks ahead of the trip to Everton this weekend.

Howe is worse than Pep at being non-committal on injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

SlickRic wrote: »
    Howe is worse than Pep at being non-committal on injuries.

Howe's exact words: "Callum was missing last week, Josh King was ill, Ryan Fraser was limping at the end of the [Brighton] game with a hamstring. We've got a few to assess. They're certainly up for playing, whether they're fit and available we'll wait and see."

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Klopp on Dejan Lovren's injury: "It's not that serious. It's a muscle thing. I would expect him back after Crystal Palace, I'm not sure."

**** it, was hoping he might be back this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Guardiola, when asked if Aguero and Kompany would be available for Monday: "I hope so. I don't know, really right now. I hope so".

Pep being his usual cagey self.

i've personally come to the conclusion that Aguero isn't worth rushing in yet. Jesus is playing well, and Aguero's minutes have been, and I have to assume will continue to be, managed.

Wolves, even though it's at the Etihad, will be a pain in the hole more than likely. I see a City win, but it could easily be a 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 game. i don't see it being a blowout.

but it is City, so anything is possible if they're really in the groove.

also, with Jesus scoring lately (even though it was Rotherham and Burton), he will get minutes I'd say.

tl:dr - City is a mindfúck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@SlickRic I've got a feeling City are gonna hockey Wolves. 4 or 5 goals is what I predict. They're looking hungry, and ruthless. And KdB *back makes them even more fearsome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

manual_man wrote: »
    @SlickRic I've got a feeling City are gonna hockey Wolves. 4 or 5 goals is what I predict. They're looking hungry, and ruthless. And KdB bad makes them even more fearsome

Who’s scoring the most points of their attackers??

munster87 wrote: »
    Who’s scoring the most points of their attackers??

That regularly varies :D But my gut would say: Aguero Sterling and Sané all have extremely high potential. Sané possibly a little higher risk of rotation, but Aguero also has Jesus to contend with now who has found some form. Then Dilva just keeps chipping along and offers a cheaper entry in to the City attack. KdB's return may affect his and Bilva's minutes, but I feel Dilva will still start the majority of games(he's a nice differential). Bilva I'm not really sold on: yes he's played the majority of minutes, but his returns have hardly been spectacular and there's better(and cheaper) options in other teams IMO. Also I feel his minutes going forward will be reduced with KdB. Which leaves us with KdB. He's got a decent amount of minutes under his belt now and looks good. How deep he plays may be a concern (Dilva more often than not plays a more advanced role when they both play), but KdB has proven to be a very consistent points scorer. Kind of like the Eriksen of City if you well. And he's firmly in the differential category with just 3.7% ownership(Dilva is also in this category with just 4.1% ownership). Mahrez I just wouldn't bother with. Not getting enough minutes

@SlickRic I've got a feeling City are gonna hockey Wolves. 4 or 5 goals is what I predict. They're looking hungry, and ruthless. And KdB bad makes them even more fearsome

you may be right, but i personally think that's underestimating Wolves.

Aguero in is a sensible move, don't get me wrong. i just don't necessarily think it's urgent if you have Kane or Auba, or other City attacking coverage.

SlickRic wrote: »
    you may be right, but i personally think that's underestimating Wolves.

Aguero in is a sensible move, don't get me wrong. i just don't necessarily think it's urgent if you have Kane or Auba, or other City attacking coverage.

No I've got a lot of respect for what Wolves have done. I just think that when City are in this kind of mood they'll destroy pretty much everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wolves have taken points off all the top 6 apart from Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

That regularly varies :D But my gut would say: Aguero Sterling and Sané all have extremely high potential. Sané possibly a little higher risk of rotation, but Aguero also has Jesus to contend with now who has found some form. Then Dilva just keeps chipping along and offers a cheaper entry in to the City attack. KdB's return may affect his and Bilva's minutes, but I feel Dilva will still start the majority of games(he's a nice differential). Bilva I'm not really sold on: yes he's played the majority of minutes, but his returns have hardly been spectacular and there's better(and cheaper) options in other teams IMO. Also I feel his minutes going forward will be reduced with KdB. Which leaves us with KdB. He's got a decent amount of minutes under his belt now and looks good. How deep he plays may be a concern (Dilva more often than not plays a more advanced role when they both play), but KdB has proven to be a very consistent points scorer. Kind of like the Eriksen of City if you well. And he's firmly in the differential category with just 3.7% ownership(Dilva is also in this category with just 4.1% ownership). Mahrez I just wouldn't bother with. Not getting enough minutes

Ha I just meant in your 4/5 goal prediction for Wolves game! I’ve Aguero and was tempted by captaincy before his flu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jesus, who often looks like he's about to burst into tears, might actually burst into tears:

"Pep Guardiola said Manchester City are ready to help Gabriel Jesus if the striker finds life difficult now his family have returned to Brazil. The private life is the private life and if they need something we are there. We are there to help. But of course, we cannot substitute the mother and when the family can’t be there, it’s difficult."

I wonder if Pep will take that into consideration and play him?! Probably not.

On Aguero:

“Yesterday was the first training session for him,” the manager said. “Vincent [Kompany] is recovering well after the game against Liverpool. I hope they’ll be OK for Monday.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bernardo is the best for city. Goals assist price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I personally don't think Jesus finding form against Burton and random Cup games a threat to Aguero starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1084153725143396352

According to Dinnery when asked on a timeframe for the injury: "Impossible to say until he's been assessed... Potentially from days to months."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1084153725143396352

According to Dinnery when asked on a timeframe for the injury: "Impossible to say until he's been assessed... Potentially from days to months."
    That's the kind of answer Pep gives even after the player has been assessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any word on Kane? There’s a lot of panic on here, I’m hoping it won’t be too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any word on Kane? There’s a lot of panic on here, I’m hoping it won’t be too bad

Doubt we'll hear anything until at least tomorrow morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »

some talk about ligament damage

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-kane-fears-suffered-ligament-13852126

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

TAA out for 4 weeks. Source, Paul Joyce on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

RIALTO1 wrote: »

Only brought him in last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Milner in. Salah off pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Milner in. Salah off pens

Salah is going to annoy me again owning him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

TAA would have risen before the deadline too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RIALTO1 wrote: »

Solves a problem, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

dsmythy wrote: »
    TAA would have risen before the deadline too....

He was floating around 85% and all.

I may have to WC now after holding out last week and, too many red and yellow flags now. Team is like a set of traffic lights! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

TAA officially red flagged. Thought I had a bit of space with my 2 FTs now I might have to use them to get Rob or VVD.

Gomez is supposed to be near recovered isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Pity Liverpool let Clyne go out, he would have been a nice cheap replacement for TAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Pete_Cavan wrote:
    Pity Liverpool let Clyne go out, he would have been a nice cheap replacement for TAA.

He'd have got gametime for sure,seemed strange to let him go with most of our injured being defenders,could have kept him till deadline day

Advertisement