Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pogba news will be big for me. Bought him at 7.9 so won't sell him unless it's more than 3/4 weeks. If it is longer, he'll make way for Son. Otherwise it's Sane gone for Son (already have Sterling)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Any word on TAA? Last I heard was he was being monitored day by day and was close to returning, any chance of him playing on Monday or has he had a set back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Any word on TAA? Last I heard was he was being monitored day by day and was close to returning, any chance of him playing on Monday or has he had a set back?

Nothing concrete. Starting to think i should have listened to the original 'he's out for a month'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Red flagged so wham on Monday looking unlikely

Any news on Pogba or will we have to wait until tomorrow ?

I need to make other transfers and there’ll be a potential 0.4m swing in prices tonight.

Think I’ll do it anyway and if Pogba is injured then one of my useless subs can get a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Any news on Pogba or will we have to wait until tomorrow ?

I need to make other transfers and there’ll be a potential 0.4m swing in prices tonight.

Think I’ll do it anyway and if Pogba is injured then one of my useless subs can get a run.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1091083207892701184?s=19

Thanks.

Will probably still hold and if it’s a bad one get rid next week.

Time for a super-sub to shine. That’s what they’re there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chances are Ben knows nothing and is saying that as someone else reported that pogba had a bit of a limp after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Red flagged so wham on Monday looking unlikely

TAA is never gonna dance again? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Did not realise Fabianski had been injured.

Bloody hell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Chances are Ben knows nothing and is saying that as someone else reported that pogba had a bit of a limp after the game.

100%

I seen him claim a few weeks back that he had been onto someone in a club and they provided an update to him. Load of bóllocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »

As a non-owner it would be hilarious
    Pogba being out would really make me feel better about bringing in Sane and Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Quote from Solskjaer from yesterday (I think) this morning which sounds like Pogba is likely to play:

"We've not had a proper session since the game - hopefully both of them can get through that," the caretaker boss said. "I don't think there's anything with Paul. Anthony has done some rehab work, so he'll try a session today.

"I would imagine he would be available to be involved. He seemed happy yesterday."

loadwire wrote: »
    Quote from Solskjaer from yesterday (I think) which sounds like Pogba is likely to play:

"We've not had a proper session since the game - hopefully both of them can get through that," the caretaker boss said. "I don't think there's anything with Paul. Anthony has done some rehab work, so he'll try a session today.

"I would imagine he would be available to be involved. He seemed happy yesterday."

Dinnery strikes again. Stick to recycling manager quotes and stay away from opinion as a lot of people actually believe he has some insider knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What does that tweet say.

Ederson could be out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Dinnery strikes again. Stick to recycling manager quotes and stay away from opinion as a lot of people actually believe he has some insider knowledge.

His credibility is gone to pieces he's going downhill rapidly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Callum Wilson ruled out for this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

What does that tweet say.

Ederson is a doubt for City's match with Arsenal on Sunday. [Telegraph]

• Advertisement

His credibility is gone to pieces he's going downhill rapidly

He never had any.

Old school ff players will remember his fúck up gw1 about Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've never trusted Dinnery.

how anyone can't see that his use is only as a one-stop-shop for retweets of information clubs are putting out is beyond me.

he has no inside knowledge.
    he has nothing.

SlickRic wrote: »

how anyone can't see that his use is only as a one-stop-shop for retweets of information clubs are putting out is beyond me.

he has nothing.

He blocked me when I said this to him.
    If he had any inside track at clubs a big newspaper/website would have picked him up ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

he has nothing.
    Thought all he was good at is taking the information about an injury and estimating what that means in terms of being out. He obviously doesn't get to examine the players himself. For me it's just a case of....
    Manager says "He has a grade 1 hamstring strain"
    Dinney converts that to "2 weeks out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Thought all he was good at is taking the information about an injury and estimating what that means in terms of being out. He obviously doesn't get to examine the players himself. For me it's just a case of....

He has qualifications in that field. So he's good at estimating injury severity from information given. Obviously far second to the people actually with the players in their hands but he's able. Anything beyond that you just have to ignore. He has no idea about Pogba's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Did not realise Fabianski had been injured.

Bloody hell!

Fabianski will be "OK" according to Pellegrini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Shedite27 wrote: »

Can't find the reference now but I read before that he works with a physio who makes the assessment of the duration of the injuries.

Obviously, it won't always be right but to be fair if the club misdiagnoses an injury, or understates it, then that will always send everyone the wrong direction.

I wouldn't rely exclusively on him being right, but he is a useful source generally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TAA confirmed still out. Expected back in full training next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ben is handy for those direct quotes and I would be lying if I said I don't use him for these purposes. Anybody who takes his opinion as fact get what they deserve.

Interesting on Mendy, I reckon he could play

Advertisement