Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

AdpRo wrote: »
    Willian...surely nailed on now

Only .8 short ha ha 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can just about afford Willian, assuming he doesn't rise, but I'm still not sure on him. For me he's a bit like Walcott - seems to make sense but then leaves you disappointed.

Candidates I'm also looking at are Maddison and Fraser for their decent fixtures. Also thinking of Schurrle as an alternative option. He's averaging 3.8 shots a game which is only behind Aguero, Salah and Mitrovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Didn’t stop the geniuses at FPL yellow flagging him. And on what basis ?

Clowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Didn’t stop the geniuses at FPL yellow flagging him. And on what basis ?

Clowns.

In fairness they almost always do it when a player is subbed off with an injury.
    It may not always be right but it tends to be consistent.

In fairness they almost always do it when a player is subbed off with an injury.
    It may not always be right but it tends to be consistent.

It’s just I’ve had issues with a few player that have been flagged over the last couple of years. Seems they are all over the higher profile clubs and players so there’s an automatic consistency issue.

I think I can remember players being flagged that weren’t actually confirmed as injured. So yellow flagging in speculation almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any news on Ramsey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Injury setback for Gunnarrson. What a disaster he's been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

Can't be handling the Pedro thing. Got Ricki in. Arsenal don't scare me and his form is superb. 2 goals for Brazil last week. Will be raring to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/benjamin-mendy-injury-update-man-15183130
    Asked for an update on the left back, who has missed the last two games, Pep Guardiola replied with a terse “Injured.”

When pressed on the nature and length of the problem, the Blues boss added: “I don’t know how long. He has a little problem in his bone, in his foot.”

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

That's the worst kind of FPL injury. He could be back next week or next year. In for one game, out for the next.

At the moment I can leave him on the bench for a couple of weeks. Judging by Richarlson-gate he's unlikely to drop too much. I'd hate to sell him and then need to get him back. I've a couple of others transfers planned but he's at the exit gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Just a little bit more on Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy.

It has now been established Mendy has damaged a fifth metatarsal.

The extent of the damage is not known and neither is the length of time he will be out.
    TAXI!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/1043130018271031296?s=19

A bruised bone...sore but not too serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Don't worry lads, I'm sure that physio dude on FantasyFootballScout will let us know the extent of the injury and how long he should be out for. I think his name is Facer on it.

I’ve a feeling my initial suspicions about mendy “injury “ were correct after all
    Knee ? Ankle ? Foot ?
    Or being disciplined by Pep
    You decide
    http://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1043174650660962306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Guys any update on Ramsey availability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So from reading the quotes today it seems Mendy is more serious that Pedro. Is that what otheres are thinking too?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So from reading the quotes today it seems Mendy is more serious that Pedro. Is that what otheres are thinking too?

I think Mendy won’t play this week and Pedro will come on
    And that both could be available next weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Mendy situation has alarms bells ringing for me.

Might look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Let’s hope he’s on the mend-y

Had a proper chuckle at that. Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gandalfio

The Mendy situation is a melt. If he's gonna be back next week at home to Brighton then keep. But if he's kept, then doesn't play next weekend, it's a waste of a transfer for this week. Who knows how long Pep is going to keep him out of the team for this driving offence. Could be another week, could be a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Drink driving offence?

It's for 4 speeding offences in February of this year but he's saying he wasn't driving and refused to identify who was.

Would be a bit odd for Pep to discipline him for something that happened 6 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gandalfio

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Drink driving offence?

It's for 4 speeding offences in February of this year but he's saying he wasn't driving and refused to identify who was.

Would be a bit odd for Pep to discipline him for something that happened 6 months ago.

Mixed the offence up with Hugos. So is he injured or dropped for driving offence

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Drink driving offence?

There has been well publicised disciplinary issues since start of season up until this "injury"
    In fact the night before this "injury " ,which nobody was aware of as he had been training all week , he was apparently pictured socializing in Manchester . Making him move out of the city centre must not have had the desired effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

gandalfio wrote:
    The Mendy situation is a melt. If he's gonna be back next week at home to Brighton then keep. But if he's kept, then doesn't play next weekend, it's a waste of a transfer for this week. Who knows how long Pep is going to keep him out of the team for this driving offence. Could be another week, could be a month.

Using the phase 'a bit melt' should be a ban-able offense. Reported to mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Using the phase 'a bit melt' should be a ban-able offense. Reported to mod.

It could be just a "phase" he's going through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Pellegrini was asked by beIN SPORTS after the match if Arnautovic would be back in time to face United next week, but he was unable to confirm his involvement. Speaking about the nature of the injury, Pellegrini explained: ‘Well Marko he tried at the last minute to see if he was 100% fit.
    ‘But he just worked yesterday a little bit. At set-piece he felt uncomfortable and this morning he couldn’t run so… he tried but he couldn’t.’
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/23/manuel-pellegrini-provides-marko-arnautovic-injury-update-for-manchester-united-clash-7972191/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sarri reports that he does not think Toni Rudiger's injury is serious and that he maybe back in a few days. He adds that Pedro, who was out today, is an important player and they are trying to have him back at the end of the week. #WHUCHE

Advertisement