Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

too many foriengs!

• 29-07-2018 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I don't know bout you, but there's too many foreigers taking our bar stools, and little stools around tables and other types of seats in pubs , and I wish they'd **** off . Whatd ye think? 10 million plus now tis gone mad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

lalababa wrote: »
    I don't know bout you, but there's too many foreigers taking our bar stools, and little stools around tables and other types of seats in pubs , and I wish they'd **** off . Whatd ye think? 10 million plus now tis gone mad!

I prefer to stand anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Que?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

The **** ya talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Allinall

If you click on “my account” and scroll down, there’s an option to close your account.

No need to go to the bother of getting banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

First spelling attempt was god awful. Second was slightly better. The only thing I can say about "too many foreigners" (spelled that right didn't I, would like like an awful twit if I didn't!) is this:

they-took-er-jerbs.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

lalababa wrote:

They took our jerbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nobody goes to the pubs any more, they're too crowded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

aaakev wrote: »
    The **** ya talking about?

Gob****e tourists taking up space in de pub, ya mophead!

Nobody goes to the pubs any more, they're too crowded.

That's coz of the foringers!

Germans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I see the serious side of the op.

I assume you're in Dublin, Galway or Cork where tourists almost outnumbered locals at this time of year.

Other European cities have same issue, but it's important to understand that tourist money is net gain money for the economy and an awful lot of it ends up in the tax coffers allowing for extra expenditure on services.

Take typical tourist - main money is spent on accommodation, food and entertainment. All areas where labour is a large portion of the cost.

This means jobs and jobs equal less social welfare payments and extra employment taxes. And that's on top of vat.

Allinall wrote: »
    If you click on “my account” and scroll down, there’s an option to close your account.

No need to go to the bother of getting banned.

I think I might, you might be on ta something there , with the likes of you around the place, sure bejasus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,254 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm confused as to what country you are from OP?
    Spellandia?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

U now wha really pisses me off wit the foriengs? They wan all the benefitz of livin in Ireland, but they coudn be arsed lurnin demselves the languge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,254 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Well gosh darn.
    There I was trying to close my account and I accidentally put the OP onto my Ignore list.

ahwell, c'est la vie, as them foreygners says.

CeilingFly wrote: »

I assume you're in Dublin, Galway or Cork where tourists almost outnumbered locals at this time of year.

Other European cities have same issue, but it's important to understand that tourist money is net gain money for the economy and an awful lot of it ends up in the tax coffers allowing for extra expenditure on services.

Take typical tourist - main money is spent on accommodation, food and entertainment. All areas where labour is a large portion of the cost.

This means jobs and jobs equal less social welfare payments and extra employment taxes. And that's on top of vat.

Fasinating. Tourist equal money. Well holy God!

There are moves in certain places to curtail visitor numbers. Venice is an example where cruise ships are causing damage, and the passengers do not contribute very much to the economy.

Spelling is a major issue it seems, eventhough twas tongue in cheek . Lighten up tis after hours after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Die Iren sind so doof. Im Pub gucken die uns immer so komisch an, wenn wir ein Pint mit zehn Strohhalmen bestellen, dabei sind wir zu zwölft, aber zwei trinken nichts.
    Und immer schieben die uns mit ihren dicken Hintern von den Hockern an der Bar weg, als könnten sie sich nicht schnell genug zulaufen lassen, die ollen Suffköppe.

Hope that helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I drink with Hitler and he is happy enough !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Drinkin all our beers too; Heineken, Budwieser, Coors, Paulaner, Carlsberg, Corona all running out. Even our Dutch Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Damn foreigers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Damn foreigers
    ... coming over here, spending their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Damn foreigers

Foriengs*

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Alerium

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha were you refused entry into a pub because it was full of those forfishfingers and you got hammered on the streets and now you're trying to show us how good your spelling is? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Alerium

The forfishfingers are taking all the stools here also: http://www.yourenglish.ie. I'm sure they have a spot for you!

Fasinating. Tourist equal money. Well holy God!

Tourists = double money.

Carry wrote: »
    Die Iren sind so doof. Im Pub gucken die uns immer so komisch an, wenn wir ein Pint mit zehn Strohhalmen bestellen, dabei sind wir zu zwölft, aber zwei trinken nichts.
    Und immer schieben die uns mit ihren dicken Hintern von den Hockern an der Bar weg, als könnten sie sich nicht schnell genug zulaufen lassen, die ollen Suffköppe.

Hope that helps.

Now that gave me a laugh 😁 😁

Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

No foreigners anymore we are all European

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Panrich wrote: »
    Foriengs*

Thread title “too many foriengs”. OP then goes on to rant about....”too many foreigers”. I’m confused.

Needs Must wrote: »
    No foreigners anymore we are all European

Fast forward 8 months and the 200,000 brits living here will be "foriegns"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

CeilingFly wrote:
    Fast forward 8 months and the 200,000 brits living here will be "foriegns"

Ah sure they hardly come here given our housing shortage, unless they're into the sleeping bag in the doorway set up that we offer here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

10 milion plus foreigers? Ya wha?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

10 milion plus foreigers? Ya wha?

yep - figure expected to be 11 million this year purchasing 85 million bed nights.

That's 85 million beds that have to be made, 85 million Iriosh breakfasts consumeed :) and 85 million dinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That's 85 million beds that have to be made
    Where will we put them all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Victor wrote: »
    Where will we put them all?

I'm sure one of those lads on that Primetime episode could squeeze a couple more bunks into the kitchen.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/private-rental-conditions-3676961-Nov2017/%3famp=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Those foriegns, always causing trouble in star trek so they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

10 million what ?
    Visitors to Ireland in 2018 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bloody farangs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Seems so yeah, wow ... I'm in two minds about tourism, It's good for the economy and jobs but areas are just being ruined.
    Look at the state of the cliffs of Moher now.
    And the Skelligs are next to be destroyed cos of fat yanks that think they are gonna meet Luke Skywalker on the rocks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

In fairness, if I ever came across a pub that tried to cram in 10 million punters, I'd stay away as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Holy s**t.
    Is this post from a dystopic parallel universe where the use of language needs to be completely moronic bordering on uninteligable.
    Is it all a south park joke?
    Anyway it is offensive muck whatever optics we put on it.

work wrote: »
    Holy s**t.
    Is this post from a dystopic parallel universe where the use of language needs to be completely moronic bordering on uninteligable.
    Is it all a south park joke?
    Anyway it is offensive muck whatever optics we put on it.

Well we can see what optics you are putting on it, your own .

Budapest is cheap though

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

Sick enough of the one Farage and now you're telling me there's 10 million?!

Campogna wrote: »
    Sick enough of the one Farage and now you're telling me there's 10 million?!

10 million forints? Sure thats only about €30,000

Terry Pratchet

The more the merrier, we need to widen the gene pool as much as possible, especially in those rural areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My 2 year old boy was in crumlin last year and I had to bring him into surgery and hold him while they put him under .
    6 people in operating theatre 5 of which were non" Irish, " "dark, " not from here . ....

They did an excellent job and I thank every one of them from the bottom of my heart .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

10 million forints? Sure thats only about €30,000

Ah here, surely OP is too old to be playing fortnite.

Campogna wrote: »
    Ah here, surely OP is too old to be playing fortnite.

Probably too forrin for him.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement