Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit biotechnology and business

Options
  • 30-07-2018 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I’m very interested in starting the above masters. Just wondering if anyone can give me some information on it regarding jobs thereafter. I hold a 2.1 science degree and PME. Id probably be starting next year or the year after if I decide to do this masters so just want to take the time decide and get as much information as I can. So if anyone could enlighten me that’d be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EIMxxxEAR

Funny we're in the opposite boats. I did the Masters in Biotech & Business last year in UCD, but am now going back to do the PME.
    Any questions about it I'd be happy to answer as best I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tacadh

EIMxxxEAR wrote: »
    Funny we're in the opposite boats. I did the Masters in Biotech & Business last year in UCD, but am now going back to do the PME.
    Any questions about it I'd be happy to answer as best I can.

Hey thanks for commenting! It’s just an idea I have really. Why are you going back to do the PME as opposed to using the masters in industry? What kind of jobs do people get out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 EIMxxxEAR

Tacadh wrote: »
    Hey thanks for commenting! It’s just an idea I have really. Why are you going back to do the PME as opposed to using the masters in industry? What kind of jobs do people get out of it?

Hey no problem! So I have always toyed with the idea of teaching but was worried about jobs, however the lack of science teachers sort of encouraged me to pursue it.
    The course is good, but very expensive for one year, I was working in a medical device company for a while but did over 10 interviews before that job & kept hearing the same thing "not enough experience". It was very frustrating that even with an Bsc and an Msc I still didn't qualify for many jobs.
    There are lots of jobs out there & it's a pretty flexible degree meaning lots of different opportunities. I know people who are working in science communications, regulations etc, also some have gone on to do phds. It really depends on what you're hoping to do.

Advertisement