Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros Run Sliabh Bawn

Options
  • 30-07-2018 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

This 10k / half / full / 50 k event with back to back options was on in Co Roscommon the weekend just gone - highly recommended and hope it goes ahead next year and becomes a solid recurring annual event in the calendar.

Brilliantly organised, friendly, wonderful hot food and showers afterwards, massages, shuttle bus to the start line, and can’t put my finger on why but the comfiest running t shirt I have received to date!

Course itself is visually stunning and here’s the thing that will make it stand out ... must be a contender for toughest route in the country for this type of event! Constant hills! Great change from the usual fast courses in urban areas, this event will push most to their limits!

Wondering if anyone else took part over the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Goose76 wrote: »
    This 10k / half / full / 50 k event with back to back options was on in Co Roscommon the weekend just gone - highly recommended and hope it goes ahead next year and becomes a solid recurring annual event in the calendar.

Brilliantly organised, friendly, wonderful hot food and showers afterwards, massages, shuttle bus to the start line, and can’t put my finger on why but the comfiest running t shirt I have received to date!

Course itself is visually stunning and here’s the thing that will make it stand out ... must be a contender for toughest route in the country for this type of event! Constant hills! Great change from the usual fast courses in urban areas, this event will push most to their limits!

Wondering if anyone else took part over the weekend?
    I was knockin around there...stonker of a course,a 2+mile straight up a hill start is not for the faint of heart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I know someone who did the half and rated it tougher than Achill Half so it sounds tough alright. Checked their strava and it had double the elevation gain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

I did the back to back half's, absolutely great event, i would usually shy away from the tougher routes so I'm glad I didn't know about the hills or I wouldn't have signed up, in saying that I would definitely go back next year if it's on again. I decided very early on (as in the 1st mile on the 1st day:D) to forget about time and I really enjoyed it all, the medals were fabulous too. There was a poll on facebook about whether to make it an annual event and 96% votes yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Will be considering it for next year. I've done the Ros Run in Roscommon Town in April the past 2 years and correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's organised by the same people, and the Ros Run is well organised.

I know one or two people who did Sliabh Bawn and said it was tough. I don't like hills but I do like an interesting course.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Am signed up to do the half on 27th July. Wish I read the previous posts about the "tougher than Achill" before I pressed Pay Now, but still...it will be good to have in the legs afterwards.

Anyone else doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Signed up for the 10k. Is it really a tough course? I’m a wimp when it comes to hills...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Done the 10k of this today, some serious hills and declines in it but a beautiful setting for a race and really well organised. If i’m back in the country to do it next year again I will. Great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

OOnegative wrote:
    Done the 10k of this today, some serious hills and declines in it but a beautiful setting for a race and really well organised. If i’m back in the country to do it next year again I will. Great race.

Left out one very important detail there B ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Left out one very important detail there B ;)

Gin-induced memory loss?

Advertisement