Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in midlands

Options
  • 30-07-2018 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for ideas of somewhere to go fishing near Athlone iv fished the Shannon a few times but I'm looking for bream/tench and there's no much left in river Shannon. I'm looking for somewhere to feeder fish with not too much weeds. I was looking into the river suck but can't seem to find any tips on which sections are easily accessible and close enough to Athlone less than 45 minutes drive any advice would be great ( I'm not originally from Athlone from the south east so have mostly done sea fishing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mechanical aid

Don't know much about coarse fishing but u can ask in the tackle shops or the Athlone area Forum on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The hot water stretch in Lanesboro is fishing quiet well, you'll get bream and tench there

21/25

Advertisement