Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockville Carrickmines

Options
  • 30-07-2018 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anyone have any thoughts on the below new development launching soon in Carrickmines?
    I rang recently to try and get more info but very little was offered just that pricing is yet to be confirmed but looking like 3 bed terraced houses will be starting from 485/490K (Bit steep I thought)
    Location looks postive being so close to the M50 and the luas. I know there is a lot of plans to develop the area and the only downside I've noted so far is that there is a halting site close by.
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/rockville-glenamuck-road-carrickmines-dublin-18/4247722
    Would be very interested in peoples opinions.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Halting site that close is is more then a bit of a downside to me. Especially because there is nothing really around for them to do, besides riding dirt/quards into the service roads behind carrickmines shopping center.

Its a nice area, but its not really near anything currently. I think its a good assumption that in 20-30 years, most of the surrounding fields will become housing estates.

Its worth thinking about what the results of that will be, the Glenamuck road gets prettying backed up with the junction at the top at Enniskerry Road in the evening and your estate will be caught in that. Its only going to get worse as more and more estates are built in the surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Seems to be little to no activity on this and the other two sites on Glenamuck Road the last number of weeks.

Builders holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Seems to be little to no activity on this and the other two sites on Glenamuck Road the last number of weeks.

Builders holidays?
    Builders holidays. It will all kick off again this week.
    There is plenty development in pipeline for that area and out towards Loughlinstown
    Probably will include completion of a new halting site

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Has anyone purchased here or do folks have any opinions on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Anyone able to tell when the next phase here is launching? Any current owners able to advise on what the management fees are per year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement