Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Tacano

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Minor musing, Brendan - why do you wait until everyone else has produced an FFA before adding yours to the pile?

Just noticed you did it yesterday and you haven't done one yet today either.

Yesterday was it was the first day and thought I needed more time to do it. And also to see others' reasonings as they could form a basis for my own (e.g. Henry).

I was in the middle of mine today when I got distracted by the jello thing and brought that up. I'll have it in shortly though.

That's my reasoning out of the way. Now lets check the factual inaccuracy of your statement. Looking at the post numbers of the FFAs from yesterday I posted my FFA before Doris, Conor, yourself, Abigail and Isla yesterday. Hardly waited for everyone to do theirs now did I? Although I accept that yourself and Conor I think changed yours/his. So I posted mine either 7th or 9th depending on how you look at it? Not quite everyone as you suggest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Miss any?

Ugh, not many of you are talkative this morning so maybe this might change that:

#NEWFFA2

Wolf side:

Holly: One liner posts, not a whole pile of substance. By that I mean, doesn't appear to be interested in helping the village, more happy to rubbish theories rather than provide any insight themselves.
    Doris: Same as yesterday, mechanics discussion primarily, has Isla as a villager in their FFA then calls them suss this morning. Again not putting forward anything for discussion really.
    Henry: Torn on this one, but can't ignore the possibility Derry was seer and peeked Henry as a wolf. I don't buy the vote argument but the timing of Derry's main accusation is... interesting.

Village Side:
    Brendan
    Isla
    I... sigh... don't have a third right now.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    #NEWFFA2

Wolf:

Tegan :Still think Tegan and Riona are on a wolf team, something about their interactions that scream we wouldnt be wolves and interact like this. I've seen it before.
    Riona :Same reasons as Tegan but does seem more helpful than yesterday, maybe feels she has been rumbled.
    Holly :Not a good enough read on her, would be my 3rd choice for baddie.

Village:

Des
    Conor
    Brendan
    Doris WW wrote: »
    #NewFFA2
    Good:
    Desmond – helpful villager from the beginning, hasn’t done anything to change my mind on him since yesterday

Brendan – as with Des, nothing suspicious that is making me think twice about Brendan since yesterday

Riona – a bit more active since my last FFA, making some good points and appears to be team village

Bad:

Henry – his vote on Derry still troubles me and his reaction to people questioning the timing of his vote. It could have just been as simple as he says but I don’t see why he got so worked up.

Tegan – seems to be tunnelling Isla but no opinions really being given on any other players

Holly – only 6 posts today, is this her doing the bare minimum to reach the minimum posts rule? Wolf trying to lie low?

Since she is the only other player left:

Isla WW – play has been very strange but consistent, still not convinced a wolf would play such a bold game
    Riona WW wrote: »
    #NewFFA2

1. Henry - Weakest of weak sauce FFAs two days in a row, Henry vs Derry (Derry now dead), voted for him yesterday and he got the same number of votes as now dead Abigail, voted outside of the 3 being run yesterday in order to get Derry

2. Doris - Not adding anything in terms of trying to catch a wolf imo

3. Holly - Also not adding much imo and voted way outside the3 being run and imo wasted a vote in doing so

I could change those later as it is very early imo and I am still very unsure on some like Tegan & Isla who in particular I find very hard to read but honestly it was easier to do up that list than the ones I like as villagers

Leaning good:

Brendan: a lot leant this way last time so I caution about putting too much stock in the good leaning but hes not done anthing dodge
    Des

If I had to pick a 3rd I'd be stuck between Conor or Isla, the latter of which I keep swapping my thoughts on, but tbh I dont trust either enough so ill leave it at two for now
    Isla WW wrote: »
    Right now Im working off my own assumptions and guesswork

Im assuming we have an sk and a wolf pack here. Sk killed first.

Im guessing Abi was a wolf, Im also guessing Henry was a wolf. It would make sense that Abi would not throw her vote on another wolf thats close in the lynch votes.

If i was a wolf I wouldnt throw another wolf on their goodlists as it be a potential breadcrumb to trace back. I would gamble in throwing a wolf on my ffa on day 1. So henry makes my ffa.

Ive also tunnelled myself on Desmond. Im probably way off but i can't shake the feeling hes a bad man playing a perfect game. Ill stick to my admittedly crazy hunch

So my that awesome assumption my ffa

Henry
    Desmond
    Tegen

No third name, Ive no read on others.

But if I wanna pick someone i will pick Tegen as Ive barely noticed Tegs all game. So Tegs makes my list

Detective Isla out

I don't think either of you have missed any. There have been five by my count too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yesterday was it was the first day and thought I needed more time to do it. And also to see others' reasonings as they could form a basis for my own (e.g. Henry).

I was in the middle of mine today when I got distracted by the jello thing and brought that up. I'll have it in shortly though.

That's my reasoning out of the way. Now lets check the factual inaccuracy of your statement. Looking at the post numbers of the FFAs from yesterday I posted my FFA before Doris, Conor, yourself, Abigail and Isla yesterday. Hardly waited for everyone to do theirs now did I? Although I accept that yourself and Conor I think changed yours/his. So I posted mine either 7th or 9th depending on how you look at it? Not quite everyone as you suggest.

You hardly posted before my first edition? Given it was the first one IIRC.
    Not quite everyone, fair enough. But after quite a few, although I see your point.

Have to say, that's a little defensive for something I did see as minor and just wanted to query :(

You hardly posted before my first edition? Given it was the first one IIRC.
    Not quite everyone, fair enough. But after quite a few, although I see your point.

Have to say, that's a little defensive for something I did see as minor and just wanted to query :(

I'm not saying I did post before the first edition but you changed yours I believe and posted the 2nd lot after mine.

Yes, I'm going to call out anything that is untrue. If that comes across as defensive so be it.

• Advertisement

I don't think either of you have missed any. There have been five by my count too.

Yeah quoting is the easy bit , my maths might need to be checked but at least everything is very obvious if there is a screw up

Bad:
    Holly x 4
    Henry x 3
    Doris x 2
    Tegan x 2
    Riona x 1

Good:
    Brendan x 4
    Des x 3
    Isla x 1
    Riona x 1
    Conor x 1 (now deceased)

Yeah quoting is the easy bit , my maths might need to be checked but at least everything is very obvious if there is a screw up

Bad:
    Holly x 4
    Henry x 3
    Doris x 2
    Tegan x 2
    Riona x 1

Good:
    Brendan x 4
    Des x 3
    Isla x 1
    Riona x 1
    Conor x 1 (now deceased)

I've got 4 bad votes on Henry, 3 for Tegan, and one for Desmond. Think you aren't counting Isla's for the bad count.

Ha knew I'd screw up somewhere. Des can do his up into a fancy table if he wants. I'll update this when anyone else posts theirs anyway or if someone changes theirs

Bad:
    Holly x 4
    Henry x 4
    Tegan x 3
    Doris x 2
    Riona x 1
    Des x 1

Good:
    Brendan x 4
    Des x 3
    Isla x 1
    Riona x 1
    Conor x 1 (now deceased)

#NewFFA2
    Baddies
    Henry - still not a big fan of his FFAs and trying to shift discussion towards those on the 'good' lists. If we didn't have good lists we'd be in the same position just without people writing it down.. Derry may have been trying to point the finger at him as seer, but not entirely convinced by that. Also, if a wolf I'm surprised that he didn't vote to lynch Abigail.

Holly - has four or so posts just after the munch today and none of them are in relation to the 2 munches. The first three after the munch seem a bit surprised about there being two deaths. Holly just breezes past it.

Doris - there are only two others and looking back they've had the exact same number of posts in total. I've not seen any particularly good arguments for Tegan and my suspicion of Henry and Tegan's place on his FFA leads me to believe that Doris is more likely here.

Goodies
    Desmond
    Isla
    Riona

Tap.

Thats all it took to switch off the air flow in the air conditioning system leading to Derry WW’s room.

Tap.

Thats all it took to redirect the flow of the Hydrogen cyanide that was used to euthanize the infirm and unviable dinosaurs.

Tap.

Thats all it took to seal the room and leave Derry WW to their fate.

Derry WW was killed.
    Katie WW went to the kitchen to get herself some toast. Toast is almost as good as jello. As she pushed down the handle on the toaster, one of the elements inside the toaster sparked. Katie WW’s eyes grew wide as the spark caught on the skin of her hand and travelled all the way up her arm, before her entire body exploded in  a burst of flame.

Katie WW is dead.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Ah here.
    So two teams... and not dinosaur kills :/

Looks like we have human killers in our midst.
    Isla WW wrote: »
    Derrys notice, looks like a human did it

Katies looked accidental
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Not much to go on day 1. You're awfully chatty and helpful. Could be a wolf hiding in plain sight.
    Day 1 ffa's are nonsense. That ffa becomes useful as the game goes on.
    At least, as you pointed out, you can sift through my posts rather quickly
    :D:D:D

Methinks dessie dost protest too much. Have a look at all the reasons why Conor was on that FFA. It's all down to one person pointing out one post and everyone jumping onboard. You've been creating bandwagons nonstop. Why did you stop picking on Isla
    It works both ways. Too much posting and the wolves can blend right in. Play your own game. We clearly have differing styles.

The death announcements, the first few posts after it and Holly's posts up until around half 10. Doesn't even interact with the killings are the posts about the killings.

• Advertisement

Starting to be a bit of a divide between the top half and bottom half

Bad:
    Holly x 5
    Henry x 5
    Tegan x 3
    Doris x 3
    Riona x 1
    Des x 1

Good:
    Brendan x 4
    Des x 4
    Isla x 2
    Riona x 2
    Conor x 1 (now deceased)

Starting to be a bit of a divide between the top half and bottom half

Bad:
    Holly x 5
    Henry x 5
    Tegan x 3
    Doris x 3
    Riona x 1
    Des x 1

Good:
    Brendan x 4
    Des x 4
    Isla x 2
    Riona x 2
    Conor x 1 (now deceased)

Not much crossover at all today. Most people yesterday would've been on more than one list. Although I suppose that four people aren't around to give FFAs which is 24 votes in total gone.

Not much crossover at all today. Most people yesterday would've been on more than one list. Although I suppose that four people aren't around to give FFAs which is 24 votes in total gone.

I'm a little surprised some have not done more to try and convince others to not put them on their bad lists tbh. Holly & Doris both getting called out discussing mechanics and not adding as much to wolf hunts etc and just coasting along and instead of trying to change that perception they have kinda just continued along the same line. Although at least Doris got in an FFA where she highlighted who she thinks are more likely wolves

I'm a little surprised some have not done more to try and convince others to not put them on their bad lists tbh. Holly & Doris both getting called out discussing mechanics and not adding as much to wolf hunts etc and just coasting along and instead of trying to change that perception they have kinda just continued along the same line. Although at least Doris got in an FFA where she highlighted who she thinks are more likely wolves

Could be they're just wolves, or.. potentially worse for us - uninterested villagers.

If Abi was a wolf and Katie perhaps too, then there may only be one left on each team, or even one altogether.

The T-Rex kill concerns me though, would it be a wolf vig, and if so have to be activated by a task? Or just an over-zealous village-sided vig?

What has Conor said I wonder that made them the target?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Emergency Tannoy press play to activate receiver

LEX I AM NOT YOUR FATHER

Well the mods have certainly been creative with this game, anyone want to try to interpret that?

Sounds like "____, I am not your father". It may be Luke but I'm not sure.

Ok, what's gonna happen now...

Might it be Rex? I am not your father.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Oh boy, fun times ahoy.

Miss Teary, we dance again

• Advertisement

Sounds like "____, I am not your father". It may be Luke but I'm not sure.

That's what I thought I heard but have no idea what it means unfortunately.

THats not a quote from the paleontologist to the annoying kids is it?

Emergency Tannoy press play to activate receiver

LEX I AM NOT YOUR FATHER

MagnificentFoolishArcticfox-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

Also does the multiple kills rule out that this could be the bad human team that has been split between two islands?

q9sfSD3.png

Might it be Rex? I am not your father.

now that I am searching through the welcome pack again it could be Rex's handler

In effect, the dinosaurs see our technicians and handlers as parental figures, which helps us to control and direct the dinosaurs.
    For some of our more aggressive dinosaurs, control chips and/or collars are used
    (as sparingly as possible) to control the actions of any problematic specimens

parental figure using a control chip on the more aggresive dino to make them chow down on someone

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Lex I am not your father?

Lex was the girl child in the first movie.

So one of the kids in it is called Lex. So it's almost certainly Lex, I am not your father.

And Hammond seems to be Lex's grandfather but can't find anything about her father.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Ellie knew Alan didn't want kids, and hoped interacting with Lex and Tim would change his mind. When grant was separated with the kids, he had to act like a father figure to get them to hold together during their journey back to the others.

Yeah my first guess was it might be a quote from him but what do we do with that?

• Advertisement

I'm just gonna let this play out. I haven't a monkey's notion what's going on, and I watched all the movies multiple times so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement