Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Tacano

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Desmond,

You still seem to think that jello was a task, well, answer the question i posed, what form do you think the task is coming in.

My theory was that it was the amount of times the word was used, it was used quite a bit before I arrived into the thread, but I think i took the mantle pretty quick and i knew it would be suspicious to try to overtake me again.

I don't have tasks, but if there was a post jello the most, i won it..., and there was no munch. yay

As I said, I don't know whether it was a task or not, but given the references in Starter Pack and OP it's possible.

Again, good or bad - I dunno though.

Leaning to the point of ignoring basically everything pre-last night incident though tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Hello genie :)

Hello shade thrower :)

Riona WW wrote: »
    Oh and I am never a fan of listing who you trust, even if at this stage nobody is fully trusted as that as has been stated gives Dinowolves more to go off. Kill the trusted and it's harder for a village to come to a concensus on what to do or who to lynch etc

If most people want it though, I guess that will be the way forward. I would be wary of those suggesting it personally if im honest

Why? Wolves know who they are and thus don't care who we as a village trust or don't?

They have this information already - based off the fact that they are, in fact... well, wolves.

So it's a typical misconception that we give wolves more info by town reading players, as they already know this.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Oh and I am never a fan of listing who you trust, even if at this stage nobody is fully trusted as that as has been stated gives Dinowolves more to go off. Kill the trusted and it's harder for a village to come to a concensus on what to do or who to lynch etc

If most people want it though, I guess that will be the way forward. I would be wary of those suggesting it personally if im honest

Yeaaaaah, I'd be about the same. Feels like we're creating a feeding list for the baddies....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    But... uh... FFAs aren't all that helpful anyways.

This is probably gonna bring me some heat but it's allowing wolves the opportunity to bandwagon the second a clueless villager (and I include myself in that) fires up an FFA.

I think Derry's proposal of a two way type FFA makes more sense and leads to more discussion.

3 who you think are wolves.
    3 who you think are villagers.

I'm not the one who said originally that an FFA wouldn't be much use because of the change in location and the goings on. FFAs aren't always extremely useful but they can help matters at times. Happy to go with Derry's proposal. I'd suggest that if you are putting villagers down who you think might be roled come up with a different reason for putting them down as villagers.

• Advertisement

Why? Wolves know who they are and thus don't care who we as a village trust or don't?

They have this information already - based off the fact that they are, in fact... well, wolves.

So it's a typical misconception that we give wolves more info by town reading players, as they already know this.

For example if I believe you are a goodie but im not sure about others I would put more weight behind what you say. If you are munched because a few others stated the same opinion as me then we as a group now have to listen to and potentially follow people we trust less.

As I said if most feel like its a good way forward i'd go with it but at the moment I don't think we gain more than the wolves from it and I don't think the person who suggested it is someone I would have high up a trusted list right now so I am also weary of the suggestion for that reason.

Ok, so I'm going to use two of the mods as my example for how this 'creating a feeding list' argument makes no sense, so it cannot be construed I am throwing shade on players.

Pter and duffman are wolves. They know this and thus know all the rest of the players are villagers regardless.

They don't know the roles, correct. But they already have that information, so how is it 'creating a feedlist'?

They already know this information.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'm not the one who said originally that an FFA wouldn't be much use because of the change in location and the goings on. FFAs aren't always extremely useful but they can help matters at times. Happy to go with Derry's proposal. I'd suggest that if you are putting villagers down who you think might be roled come up with a different reason for putting them down as villagers.

I suggest giving no reasons for why someone is good. I don't see why that would help.

Reasons only for why someone is bad, not why someone is good.

??

Also I always think FFAs are a good idea even if we maybe dont have a lot to go off. They make people on them react which can be noteworthy and we can gather info on later days based on who people FFA'd on day 1. I would not advocate having to stick to your FFA however as a lot can change between a day 1 FFA and a day 1 lynch

Those you dont want to give info such as what can be garnered from FFAs might have something to hide

For example if I believe you are a goodie but im not sure about others I would put more weight behind what you say. If you are munched because a few others stated the same opinion as me then we as a group now have to listen to and potentially follow people we trust less.

As I said if most feel like its a good way forward i'd go with it but at the moment I don't think we gain more than the wolves from it and I don't think the person who suggested it is someone I would have high up a trusted list right now so I am also weary of the suggestion for that reason.

Then if I get munched as a result, you follow what I was saying, as it might be correct :D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

The wolves reading the thread will already know who the leader types are so putting the name on a list makes no difference. Making note of the names of people against for future reference...

How about a new form of ffa,

One were you name 3 of your most likely villagers, each get -1 score,
    and three of your most likely wolves, each get 1.

People with top 3 scores are in contention for the lynch?
    I suggest giving no reasons for why someone is good. I don't see why that would help.

Reasons only for why someone is bad, not why someone is good.

??

Sorry, when I saw new form of FFA, I assumed there would be reasons. I get it now though, just you didn't exactly make it too clear in your original idea.

Also I always think FFAs are a good idea even if we maybe dont have a lot to go off. They make people on them react which can be noteworthy and we can gather info on later days based on who people FFA'd on day 1. I would not advocate having to stick to your FFA however as a lot can change between a day 1 FFA and a day 1 lynch

Those you dont want to give info such as what can be garnered from FFAs might have something to hide

I don't have an idea with the concept of the FFA, I just feel it's a feeding ground for bandwagons.

The concept of FFA, iirc is to generate discussion. Though I feel that recently people see it as the only tool to find wolves and that's just simply not the case.

Creating an (even tentative) village core is more important.

I'm coming at the game from a different angle, treating everyone as a villager until I see something suspicious.

So far, I find Isla's antics to be the most suspicious. Then there's Derry to a degree. There's also another I was suss of but they're on the other island so not much I can do about that for now.

Blargh: *don't have a problem with the concept of the FFA ^^^^

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Sorry, when I saw new form of FFA, I assumed there would be reasons. I get it now though, just you didn't exactly make it too clear in your original idea.

One last thing, you can't name yourself for -1. That's pointless for info gathering.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

The problem I find with creating a trust list, is it can give the wolves an order list on who to munch first and keep for later.

Besides, a very good baddies could wiggle their way onto the list and sail to the final.

So Derry's idea is (correct me here Derry if I'm incorrect):

Name 3 players you think are likely to be wolves, and provide reasoning.

Name 3 players you think are villagers - do not provide reasoning.

You cannot name yourself as a vanillager.

People with the most points against them near EOD are up for lynching.

It's for now a 12 player game so this, imo makes a lot of sense.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    The wolves reading the thread will already know who the leader types are so putting the name on a list makes no difference. Making note of the names of people against for future reference...

Sure why not also make a list of people in favor tbh. I see merits in both sides of the arguement. This has been suggested in other games before and neither side ever seem to budge which is unfortunate as then this suggestion takes up much of the conversation instead of erratic behavior.

For example since the change in venue has Isla mentioned if she still wants to be killed? I know she was asked since then.

I feel like I am blind, where is the info on the new island in the welcome pack? it wasn't updated was it?

Tbh, while we are discussing the pros and cons of this strategy, I feel unless Isla speaks up she's going to be an easy bandwagon for wolves/lazy villagers tonight regardless.

So Detective Isla, pull up a chair, sit down and have a chat with us.

Do you still want to be lynched? If so, why?

If not, what has changed?

I'm taking your badge, officer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I am incredibly confused.

I’ll need to read thru the thread and see who is here and who is not. I spent ages going through the thread last night to get reads on people and now I’m not even sure if they’re on this island :(

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »

I’ll need to read thru the thread and see who is here and who is not. I spent ages going through the thread last night to get reads on people and now I’m not even sure if they’re on this island :(

I'll save you the time Conor:

Brendan WW
    Abigail WW
    Desmond WW
    Tegan WW
    Katie WW
    Conor WW
    Isla WW
    Holly WW
    Doris WW
    Henry WW
    Riona WW
    Derry WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Conor WW wrote: »

"Oh look at how innocent I am with my confusion."

You're moving into my suspects column for this post...

Sure why not also make a list of people in favor tbh. I see merits in both sides of the arguement. This has been suggested in other games before and neither side ever seem to budge which is unfortunate as then this suggestion takes up much of the conversation instead of erratic behavior.

I think we should give it a go. May as well give it a whirl. It's not like the standard FFA works every time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Tbh, while we are discussing the pros and cons of this strategy, I feel unless Isla speaks up she's going to be an easy bandwagon for wolves/lazy villagers tonight regardless.

So Detective Isla, pull up a chair, sit down and have a chat with us.

Do you still want to be lynched? If so, why?

If not, what has changed?

I'm taking your badge, officer.

She only had three days until retirement!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I know it was mentioned yesterday, and there was a character like this before, what if Isla's character wins the game if lynched, but we don't find out until the game is over.

We need to hear if Isla stills wants to be lynched.

Seems like this has been closed for the momet at least
    Dinosaur_Detective_Agency_%2528Amiga%2529_001.gif

Derry seems to be the other most suspected atm. Derry If you thought that there was a Jello related task why list ways someone could try to complete a Jello task and give examples? surely you would think that if others thought such a task was going on that might make it look like you were trying ot slip one by too.

Katie: You ended up right about Babs but, and I'm sorry if you already answered this in a clear manner, why exactly did you suggest she would end up dead? That too would be something that I would expect to bring heat on someone. I actually thought that the Wolves would munch babs to throw shade on you if you were good until she caught the Ferry back to the mainland, or whatever flavor brought her home.

I don't think we're allowed to discuss the modkill, Riona :/ There were threats of dinosaurs sitting on people made last night.

Henry WW wrote: »
    I know it was mentioned yesterday, and there was a character like this before, what if Isla's character wins the game if lynched, but we don't find out until the game is over.

We need to hear if Isla stills wants to be lynched.

Possible Jester role, yes I'm concerned re: that too. If we had a vig amongst us, unless Isla wants to give some better answers that might be a better move to make than lynching her as she so badly wanted until this morning, at least.

I don't think we're allowed to discuss the modkill, Riona :/ There were threats of dinosaurs sitting on people made last night.

Well wasn't discussing the mod kill more why Katie suggested Babs would wind up dead prior to that. I very much so doubt Katie had any knowledge about whatever lead to mod action.

I know that unless I was ready for people to accuse me I would not suggest someone could die soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Seems like this has been closed for the momet at least
    Dinosaur_Detective_Agency_%2528Amiga%2529_001.gif

Derry seems to be the other most suspected atm. Derry If you thought that there was a Jello related task why list ways someone could try to complete a Jello task and give examples? surely you would think that if others thought such a task was going on that might make it look like you were trying ot slip one by too.

Katie: You ended up right about Babs but, and I'm sorry if you already answered this in a clear manner, why exactly did you suggest she would end up dead? That too would be something that I would expect to bring heat on someone. I actually thought that the Wolves would munch babs to throw shade on you if you were good until she caught the Ferry back to the mainland, or whatever flavor brought her home.

MOD

Riona, please don't post about this as per mod instructions yesterday. Katie, do not answer this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement