Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Tacano

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Seems like this has been closed for the momet at least
    Dinosaur_Detective_Agency_%2528Amiga%2529_001.gif

Derry seems to be the other most suspected atm. Derry If you thought that there was a Jello related task why list ways someone could try to complete a Jello task and give examples? surely you would think that if others thought such a task was going on that might make it look like you were trying ot slip one by too.

I was using the word jello as many times as i could, more than anyone else.
    Two aims,

1, if it was a task, then I would stop the munch.
    2, if it wasn't a task, wolves you suspect me of being roled goodie and munch me which is preferable to them munching and actual roled goodie.

Katie: You ended up right about Babs but, and I'm sorry if you already answered this in a clear manner, why exactly did you suggest she would end up dead? That too would be something that I would expect to bring heat on someone. I actually thought that the Wolves would munch babs to throw shade on you if you were good until she caught the Ferry back to the mainland, or whatever flavor brought her home.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Not discussing the mod kill, just responding to the accusation (such as it is) about why I posted the joke, which I presume had nothing to do with what happened.

I was trying to come up with rhymes for "red", and "dead" fit the theme of the what we're doing here. It was 90% joke, 10% to fish for a reaction, not just from Babs but everyone else too. See who'd try and use it as a lazy weapon. Isla's super strong reaction to it set off some alarm bells, while Babs and Desmond's made me shift them slightly towards a good column.

But mainly fluff on Day 0. Lightly threatening people is fun sometimes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

We need to agree on the FFA / New FFA / No FFA and set a time for them to be in by.

I never find early FFA's useful so I would be up for trying the New FFA or doing no FFA until tomorrow when we have a bit more to go on.

Whatever we decide I think they should all be in by 6 so we can discuss. Is there anyone available to collect them?

Sorry, didn't see the mod warning till I posted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    We need to agree on the FFA / New FFA / No FFA and set a time for them to be in by.

I never find early FFA's useful so I would be up for trying the New FFA or doing no FFA until tomorrow when we have a bit more to go on.

Whatever we decide I think they should all be in by 6 so we can discuss. Is there anyone available to collect them?

As I said, I think try the new FFA. I can collect them, although we should probably have a second to make sure everything is counted correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I'm usually happy to collate but I'm off to do a bit of sight-seeing around the island from about 1pm till 7ish.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I was using the word jello as many times as i could, more than anyone else.
    Two aims,

1, if it was a task, then I would stop the munch.
    2, if it wasn't a task, wolves you suspect me of being roled goodie and munch me which is preferable to them munching and actual roled goodie.

Previously when I saw such tasks - doing something more than others - it was who would say it the most from the two teams to determine if they got a task.

Dont think you stopped anything myself but sure maybe others do and you stating this will gain you points is someones book.

Very early to be making a role claim even if it is the standard NRV claim everyone makes when pushed.

Ok so in the efforts of helping the collector(s), put #NEWFFA1 maybe on the post.

With that in Mind... here's mine (subject to change):

#NEWFFA1

Wolf Side:

Isla - Erratic, manic posting and wishing to be lynched, also the Isla De Tective part is tasky. Would need to be a big swing for me to change my mind currently.

Conor - Wolfy pop in here and nothing since.

Derry - he might not agree, but I found Liam's argument on the main thread here to be fairly convincing.

Village Side:

Katie
    Tegan
    Brendan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Personally I don't think there is any task related to the jello, iirc I was first to mention jello. What exactly is the case against Derry?

Ok, here's my major concern right now.

Isla will get bandwagoned tonight, most likely. Which is potentially **** for the village on multiple levels.

There's no way everyone can't put Isla on their FFA; picking three people on Day 1 is hard and Isla has practically begged to be put on it. So she will top the FFA, everyone will vote for her. Means we won't have bugger all info to use tomorrow either, and the wolves (if Isla is good) can stay completely hidden today. And as the game goes on, we can't use voting patterns either.

Now, the issue is I don't have an alternative right now. It seems that is is more of an inevitability rather than a possibility. If Isla is good, I really hope the point of her plan was worth it....

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Personally I don't think there is any task related to the jello, iirc I was first to mention jello. What exactly is the case against Derry?

See the linked post in my FFA

Katie WW wrote: »

Isla will get bandwagoned tonight, most likely. Which is potentially **** for the village on multiple levels.

There's no way everyone can't put Isla on their FFA; picking three people on Day 1 is hard and Isla has practically begged to be put on it. So she will top the FFA, everyone will vote for her. Means we won't have bugger all info to use tomorrow either, and the wolves (if Isla is good) can stay completely hidden today. And as the game goes on, we can't use voting patterns either.

Now, the issue is I don't have an alternative right now. It seems that is is more of an inevitability rather than a possibility. If Isla is good, I really hope the point of her plan was worth it....

Even without an FFA she'd probably be bandwagoned. Even if no-one puts up an FFA she'll still be in the top three candidates in everyone's mind, if not the main candidate. At least with an FFA people should have to look for two other suspects and might find something which would lead to Isla not being lynched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    So Derry's idea is (correct me here Derry if I'm incorrect):

Name 3 players you think are likely to be wolves, and provide reasoning.

Name 3 players you think are villagers - do not provide reasoning.

You cannot name yourself as a vanillager.

People with the most points against them near EOD are up for lynching.

It's for now a 12 player game so this, imo makes a lot of sense.

Just rolled out of bed, a lot has happened.

I don't have enough info to give reasons as to why 3 people are suspicious and why 3 others aren't.
    By default the people who talk more than others will be prone to being suspicious.

Also...personally I don't think the 'jello' was anything in itself and people are maybe reading way too much into it.

Anyways, what time can we assume Lynch in and what time do we need to vote before ?

I'm off to look at the T-Rex enclosure before voting time.

Not much we can do about that unless Isla De Tective returns to save the day :cool:

Conor WW wrote: »
    I am incredibly confused.

I’ll need to read thru the thread and see who is here and who is not. I spent ages going through the thread last night to get reads on people and now I’m not even sure if they’re on this island :(
    Abigail WW wrote: »

I don't have enough info to give reasons as to why 3 people are suspicious and why 3 others aren't.
    By default the people who talk more than others will be prone to being suspicious.

Also...personally I don't think the 'jello' was anything in itself and people are maybe reading way too much into it.

Anyways, what time can we assume Lynch in and what time do we need to vote before ?

There's a marked difference in the introductory posts between Abigail and Conor.

Conor, why not just give us your reads on all people from the original thread? It might be valid, it might not. But it shows you're putting a (villager) effort into the game as opposed to just popping in to state your confusion.

Abigail's response is also fair. To respond to that, just give what you can - no one will hang you over not being able to name three wolves/villagers day 1 for an FFA... probably :pac:

I think we've settled on not giving reasons for the suspected goodies if that makes it easier Abigail :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

#NEWFFA1

Posting this now, don't know how much free time I will have later.

Wolf:

Brendan #12 Is this humour or info no one else had?
    Riona Lot of info in her first post in this thread, seemed like she was hunting the T-Rex (are we assuming they are the SK?)
    Derry Dont think there was a jello task but tentatively puting him on my list.

Village:

Des
    Conor
    Doris

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Mods haven't said otherwise so I assume lynch is still at 9.

The issue I have with lynching Isla is - would a wolf play a move like that?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

#NEWFFA1

Posting this now, don't know how much free time I will have later.

Wolf:

Riona Lot of info in her first post in this thread, seemed like she was hunting the T-Rex (are we assuming they are the SK?)
    Derry Dont think there was a jello task but tentatively puting him on my list.

Village:

Des
    Conor
    Doris

re brendan.

post 1 paragraph3

"There are a number of herbivores on this island, including the Triceratops which is a particularly friendly beast and my favourite department to visit! We also have our ethics department which you are free to explore and seek if you want to understand the why of what we do here."

post 12
    "Ethics department eh? You've let wolves on to an island and contaminated the dinosaur's food supply. I'd like a thorough check of that department."

What extra knowledge?

Wolf:

The ethics department is mentioned in the OP for this island, we were moved island because of contaminants getting into the dinosaur food supply (check last post of main island thread) and we're playing werewolf (hence the wolf part). Wasn't particularly funny I suppose, but certainly info everyone had.

• Advertisement

Er... Henry. Post #12 of Brendan's:
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Ethics department eh? You've let wolves on to an island and contaminated the dinosaur's food supply. I'd like a thorough check of that department.

From OP of this thread:
    We also have our ethics department which you are free to explore and seek if you want to understand the why of what we do here.

Mods haven't said otherwise so I assume lynch is still at 9.

The issue I have with lynching Isla is - would a wolf play a move like that?

Mods said rules apply from the main island which said lynch at 9pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I know it was mentioned yesterday, and there was a character like this before, what if Isla's character wins the game if lynched, but we don't find out until the game is over.

We need to hear if Isla stills wants to be lynched.

Doesn't really fit with the theme

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'll save you the time Conor:

Brendan WW
    Abigail WW
    Desmond WW
    Tegan WW
    Katie WW
    Conor WW
    Isla WW
    Holly WW
    Doris WW
    Henry WW
    Riona WW
    Derry WW

Thanks Des. You’re as good <3
    "Oh look at how innocent I am with my confusion."

You're moving into my suspects column for this post...

Lol. Are you going to add Riona onto your list for these two posts?
    Sure why not also make a list of people in favor tbh. I see merits in both sides of the arguement. This has been suggested in other games before and neither side ever seem to budge which is unfortunate as then this suggestion takes up much of the conversation instead of erratic behavior.

For example since the change in venue has Isla mentioned if she still wants to be killed? I know she was asked since then.

I feel like I am blind, where is the info on the new island in the welcome pack? it wasn't updated was it?
    Finally got off my chopper just now. Bit confused after reading back so much of the old thread only to realize there is a new one, I like it though, it's different.

Looks like we got all the talkative / "special" players from Nublar.

taking note of who is here as later it might help us spot who is the T-Rex (assuming it has to be someone who was brought to this Island) for example. I would also think that its less likely a game that has seemingly been really well planned out would split triceratops and its handler up so the handler is probably amongst us too.

Swamped at work as I am being expected to essentially cover for two other gobsh!tes but i'll try to be as active as possible.

So definitely no Munch ?

——

My post of confusion, for those who don’t just want to jump on the “Oh nos Conor bad” bandwagon that Katie is on, stems from it being my first post on the new Island, having spent an entire night going through the old thread and coming up with a list of suspects. Unfortunately the main suspects I had are all now on the other Island (Gertrude, Clodagh and Liam), so it has not eased my state of confusion.

— —

My #NEWFFA1:

Wolf:
    - Katie: seems to be too edgy or something. Very quick to call people out without much substance
    - Riona: as mentioned previously by others - overly helpful/informative
    - Isla: I’m worried of a Jester role but I’m leaning towards her just being misguided, and if she keeps posting to lynch her, others may fly under the radar

Village:
    - Desmond
    - Brendan
    - Abigail

Holly WW wrote: »
    Doesn't really fit with the theme

Any thoughts yourself Hollypop? I'm off out in about 20 mins or so but will be back before lynch.

#NEWFFA1

Wolf:
    Henry, two posts I pointed out didn't sit right with me, they were consistent with day 0 fluff that wolves said in the past
    Conor, I'll jump on that bandwagon from his "whats going on" post
    Des, clutching at straws, hiding in plain sight?

Village:
    Isla
    Derry
    Brendan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

If the Isla is live bait theory has weight I'd be against lynching her as she's more useful alive for now. Maybe the dinowolfs can't munch while she's alive, or she at least will draw their kill away from us as a once off.

With that in mind I would strongly advise against lynching her.

Riona, your genie appearance has me suspecting you for now.

Any thoughts yourself Hollypop? I'm off out in about 20 mins or so but will be back before lynch.

I do not recommend googling Hollypop and reading the urban dictionary definition

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

There's a marked difference in the introductory posts between Abigail and Conor.

Conor, why not just give us your reads on all people from the original thread? It might be valid, it might not. But it shows you're putting a (villager) effort into the game as opposed to just popping in to state your confusion.

Abigail's response is also fair. To respond to that, just give what you can - no one will hang you over not being able to name three wolves/villagers day 1 for an FFA... probably :pac:

No problem at all:

I mentioned 3 of my suspects are now on Soros:
    - Gertrude
    - Clodagh
    - Liam

This post from Gertrude:
    Evening Orla.

Do park visitors roar?

If so, can you teach me?

First mention of roar (that I can see), and it seemed too forced or something. Maybe tasky. A bit like the jello.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    okay, well lets start afresh. There's only 100 or so posts to catch up, lets make the most of it :)

I'm feeling a little suss about Holly. She seemed to post with real freedom this morning, but I thought her posts this evening were less than inspiring. What do you think ?

Liam seems to be calling Holly out for fluff, yet he hasn’t really said anything himself.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Grilled? thought you dinosaurs eat the food raw?

Also, let's not lynch Isla, something very weird going on. I have a suspicion but don't want to bust my load yet.

And finally Clodagh is anti-lynching Isla and I’m suspicious of that because I think that if Isla wants to go, we should let her.

——

Like I said, no major reads and nothing important. I was just grasping at straws.

• Advertisement

Derry, talk to me more about that post from Liam. I know you obviously don't agree. So, I want to look at it from villager Derry perspective for a moment.

Would you say it was wolfy opportunism or misguided villager Liam who composed that fairly lengthy reasoning on day 0 as to why you were a wolf?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement