Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Tacano

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Katie WW wrote:
    3. Desmond - you're either a leader for the village or a wolf taking control. I've got you down high up in both my columns. You moved quickly to show you were keeping track of the game, and I'm not sure if it was a bit too quick and eager. Posted songs a few times.

Fair enough. I'm good, don't expect anyone to just believe that though.

And yeah I was taking notes early, even amongst the noise of day 0 sometimes things crop up.

Unfortunately most of those are now useless for raisins we cannot discuss so I'm back at square one unfortunately.

Conors a funny one I didn't like their opening post on this island but they seem to be paying attention tbf as well.

Not sure on your Isla thing though. If you think she's good then why do you want to lynch her :/

I'm not certain on her alignment, could be a noisy wolf trying to derail the thread is my thinking and now she rows back on her comments as reactions gauging.

I've seen these types of plays before so I'd be happy to remove that from the equation without anything else of note to go on tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Finally got off my chopper just now. Bit confused after reading back so much of the old thread only to realize there is a new one, I like it though, it's different.

Looks like we got all the talkative / "special" players from Nublar.

taking note of who is here as later it might help us spot who is the T-Rex (assuming it has to be someone who was brought to this Island) for example. I would also think that its less likely a game that has seemingly been really well planned out would split triceratops and its handler up so the handler is probably amongst us too.

Swamped at work as I am being expected to essentially cover for two other gobsh!tes but i'll try to be as active as possible.

So definitely no Munch ?
    Henry WW wrote: »
    #NEWFFA1

Wolf:
    Riona :Lot of info in her first post in this thread, seemed like she was hunting the T-Rex (are we assuming they are the SK?)

I'm not entirely sure why hunting the T-Rex, whether a standard wolf or SK would necessarily be a bad thing. I mean sure they could be one of the other baddies but I wouldn't necessarily suspect her because of her first post in the thread over it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Desmond WW wrote: »

And yeah I was taking notes early, even amongst the noise of day 0 sometimes things crop up.

Unfortunately most of those are now useless for raisins we cannot discuss so I'm back at square one unfortunately.

Conors a funny one I didn't like their opening post on this island but they seem to be paying attention tbf as well.

Not sure on your Isla thing though. If you think she's good then why do you want to lynch her :/

I'm not certain on her alignment, could be a noisy wolf trying to derail the thread is my thinking and now she rows back on her comments as reactions gauging.

I've seen these types of plays before so I'd be happy to remove that from the equation without anything else of note to go on tbh.

The thing I'd stress is that when people say "chose six names, 3 and 3", and I do.....you registered on my radar, Connor registers on my radar, Isla lit the radar up. You were drifting back and forth between my "good" and "bad" columns.

There's many others who I have zero notes beside their names. So when asked to make the list, I put people who are registering on my radar.

I could have as easily put three names on that were justified by "I'm getting zero read or contributions here"....

Isla WW wrote: »
    No its a ruse to generate reactions, on day one with very little to go on, I thought id create something.

Now why is everyone so eager to lynch someone who wants to be lynched?

Detective Isla gets results

4 of the 7 who have given FFAs thus far have you in their wolf top three. One has you in their village top three. Everyone might be overstating it a bit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    4 of the 7 who have given FFAs thus far have you in their wolf top three. One has you in their village top three. Everyone might be overstating it a bit.

Results so far.
    |isla|conor|derry |katie|tegan|brendan|desmond|riona|doris|abigil|henry
    desmond|1|1|1|-1|-1|-1|||||
    henry||-1|1||1|0|-1|1|-1||
    conor|1|||1||-1|-1|1||-1|
    holly||1|-1|||-1|1||||1
    derry|||||1|-1|-1||||1
    riona|1|1|1|||-1|-1||-1||
    katie|1|1|-1||||1|-1|||
    |4|3|1|0|1|-5|-2|1|-2|-1|2

• Advertisement

Scratch that, I missed Tegan's NewFFA. 4 out of 8 have you in the wolf top three (Joint 1st). 2 out of 8 in the village top three (Joint 3rd).

Katie WW wrote:
    There's many others who I have zero notes beside their names. So when asked to make the list, I put people who are registering on my radar.

Those are the ones we should look at tomorrow imo. Quiet and non descript, sitting back and letting things happen.

Henry tbh is lighting up my radar a bit today with his FFA, tempted to swap Derry out for him tbh as I'm liking Derrys posts more and more today.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Results so far.
    holly|-1|1|-1|||-1|1||||1
    derry|||||1|-1|-1||||1
    katie|1|1|-1||||1|-1|||
    |3|3|1|0|1|-5|-2|1|-2|-1|2

Not quite correct Derry. Holly put Isla down as a villager I believe. Then there are Tegan's to be added in too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    More likely Wolves:

Isla - reluctant to put someone who wants to be lynched but more erratic stand out posting than others, Isla De Tective, lynch me and you'll see responses, even at one point said she was doing a repeated task iirc but even that I think was an attempt to get us to lynch her

Derry - Not sure if there was a Jello task but listing all the ways one could do one does stand out, Usually I try to keep my eyes out for any odd behavior be it cos they could be tasks or whatever and Derry is definitely an odd one, I mean his full stops theory was a bit mad.

Conor - a low level poster who said nothing of note on the first thread except joining in the Jello talk saying he was getting hungry and the jokes being made. Not sure either are tasks but in total he only has 9 posts and the only one of substance was made as post no.9 after Des pushed him on it

more likely villagers:

Des
    Brendan
    Doris

No, Riona. To borrow your phrase my first post “of substance” came before the one you are thinking. It was the post where I added you to my FFA. Your addition of me to your FFA stinks of a “tit for tat” move.

I posted initially my confusion; then clarified my confusion and my FFA; then Des asked for info and now here we are.
    Jumping back in briefly for this. I don't care if you want to get lynched, or claim you do.
    You could just as easily as a wolf say this then roll back on it later in the day under the 'looking for reactions' mantra.

It's Isla De Tective I'm more interested in. You've said it a few times and I'm trying to work out if it's a task first, then is it a bad or good task.

Or are you just messing around again distracting us. Hmmmm...

This is my concern. We either agree to lynch Isla or we ignore her requests. We have nothing to go on currently and we could potentially miss something important in the “Lynch me” fluff.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Right, #NewFFA

Baddies
    1. Isla - don't feel there's much choice on this one. I think Isla is probably good, and so am hoping her begging for a lynch is for good reasons.

2. Connor - admittedly this isn't a hard read, but there's not much to go on right now. Super suspicious of his initial post and reaction though. But this is more of a "one to watch for later" vote

My problem for a third is there's two or three people who...I'm not sure if they are goodies or baddies, but I think they are making plays. And then there's two or three people who I have very little read on. So which do I go on for now?

3. Desmond - you're either a leader for the village or a wolf taking control. I've got you down high up in both my columns. You moved quickly to show you were keeping track of the game, and I'm not sure if it was a bit too quick and eager. Posted songs a few times.

Of the three, Isla though is the one I'd back for the lynch.

Goodies
    Riona
    Derry

I really don't have a third, and even Derry feels a rough pick. I've literally no reads of anyone else right. Or at least enough of a read to shift them into a goodies column

My initial post was no different to the initial post made by Riona and her confusion.

I was just confused because I had spent so much time trawling the original island, only to get shipped off!!

I also missed tegans.

holly||1|-1|||-1|1||||1
    derry|||||1|-1|-1||||1
    katie|1|1|-1||||1|-1|||
    tegan|-1||1||||-1|1|||1
    |3|3|2|0|1|-5|-3|2|-2|-1|3

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    I also missed tegans.

derry|||||1|-1|-1||||1
    katie|1|1|-1||||1|-1|||
    tegan|-1||1||||-1|1|||1
    |2|3|2|0|1|-5|-3|2|-2|-1|3

Holly put Isla down as a villager too
    Holly WW wrote: »
    #NEWFFA1

Wolf:
    Henry, two posts I pointed out didn't sit right with me, they were consistent with day 0 fluff that wolves said in the past
    Conor, I'll jump on that bandwagon from his "whats going on" post
    Des, clutching at straws, hiding in plain sight?

Village:
    Isla
    Derry
    Brendan

Not quite correct Derry. Holly put Isla down as a villager I believe. Then there are Tegan's to be added in too.

derry|||||1|-1|-1||||1
    katie|1|1|-1||||1|-1|||
    tegan|-1||1||||-1|1|||1
    |2|3|2|0|1|-5|-3|2|-2|-1|3

Thanks, glad poeple check, please check and alert me of mistakes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

True but it gives me a little something to work off of.

Those looking at Isla De Tective as a task, need their heads exaimned.

Its my name. I am Isla the detevtive of Taco Island.

Im gonna bust up this crack house pretty bad.

My FFA will be based off those bandwagoning me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Right I'll run with whoever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR578pmunEfjpSL0ms_Urvb_OYZ6BFgmnf_Yft12NbryuU3VP0E

Isla WW wrote:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Misguided am I? Bah, you guys.

I have methods to my madness that only the wise may see.

Would a wolf act like me? No, wolves are scared ****less to do anything that could get them on a radar on day one, use your heads.

This

Chooooonnnnn!!!!

Anyone voting Isla is a complete cop out. Run me, Derry and Riona

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Is it worth me even posting a good 3 and bad 3 if I'm not convinced by anyone on either side of it ?

I don't feel Isla is a baddy personally and I also think Derry could be a goodie...just from the work put in with regards to current votes etc.

This goat and jello nonsense doesn't fly with me, unless there were previous Werewolf games that had small weird little tasks of a similar nature (that I wouldn't have played and therefore not know that they are a possibility).

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Anyone voting Isla is a complete cop out. Run me, Derry and Riona

Why drop Conor when he is in joint first on the wolf top three and also joint first when you take away villager points?

I suppose you have him on the villager list, but obviously a good few others don't.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Is it worth me even posting a good 3 and bad 3 if I'm not convinced by anyone on either side of it ?

I don't feel Isla is a baddy personally and I also think Derry could be a goodie...just from the work put in with regards to current votes etc.

This goat and jello nonsense doesn't fly with me, unless there were previous Werewolf games that had small weird little tasks of a similar nature (that I wouldn't have played and therefore not know that they are a possibility).

Definitely worth it, maybe more so from our point of view. Gives us a bit of an indication about where you are leaning, in a structured and easily tracked way.

The small tasks are something that has happened before but I think they would be more nuanced than just saying a word a number of times.

Lets establish some facts : (whips out notepad with scribbles)

Yesterday was day zero, usually nothing but fluff happens on day zero. (licks finger and flips the page). Wolves either post fluff or rarely post on day zero. So, being the super sleuth that I am, I figure Ill generate something and see what happens. I throw the lynch me bone out there and see who bite.

Now usually 2 people will bite, lazy villagers or wolves looking to throw shade. So we have a few candidates who put me on there FFAs.

Desmond is one, yes hes a fluff king, Id put him in a paniced villager pile to be fair but wont rule him out thus yet. Hes jumping on the first “tasky” thing he sees like a dog in heat whos seen a sexy young poodle strut across the road.

Others though, Im not so sure.

Riona, I see you baby, typing up your FFA with your case against me. Smells like a wolfs writing to me.

Conor – Im misguided and hoping “others fly under the radar”. How Am I misguided if I wanted to be lynched (it was a ruse all along anyway but you didn’t know that). Sticking me on an FFA just to make up your numbers? Wolfy behaviour Conman.

Derry and Eva. - Both have rubbed me the wrong way, but they get a pass for now.

Its day one, nothing has happened yet bar the spliting of the group into the cool gang and the dweebs (Taco Island is obviously the cool gang).

Lynch is approaching, I have to pick someone for the noose.

ILlL DECIIDE LATER WHO GETS MY VOTE!

To the gallows with him

Whos on my good list

Isla’s goodlist

1. Isla De Tective

2. Billy and his Cloneasaurous

3. No one else, I trust none of you guys.

I ask the questions here and I get results. And Just when you answer…………..I change the questions.

Who am I to be so cocky? Im a maverick cop who plays by his own rules. I serve my own brand of street justice and I get damn good results. But I have a side to me others don’t see. There is more than meets the eye to me kid. And that will be revealed on the series cliffhanger of

ISLA DE TECTIVE : PRIVATE EYE

Listen, ultimately my worry is this (I say knowing I'm at risk of being accused of leading a bandwagon)

You spent all day yesterday begging to be killed.
    There's a sudden game mechanic shift, and you look good to be voted off the island
    Suddenly it was all a ruse, and the attention should be on everyone who paid attention to you.

It's Day 1. It doesn't take a whole lot to draw attention. You made yourself a massive target.
    Fair enough. It feels like the type of move, though, that's going to get you hung sooner or latter anyway.

Why drop Conor when he is in joint first on the wolf top three and also joint first when you take away villager points?

I suppose you have him on the villager list, but obviously a good few others don't.

Just going of my list, obviously run who you want though.

Listen, ultimately my worry is this (I say knowing I'm at risk of being accused of leading a bandwagon)

You spent all day yesterday begging to be killed.
    There's a sudden game mechanic shift, and you look good to be voted off the island
    Suddenly it was all a ruse, and the attention should be on everyone who paid attention to you.

It's Day 1. It doesn't take a whole lot to draw attention. You made yourself a massive target.
    Fair enough. It feels like the type of move, though, that's going to get you hung sooner or latter anyway.

Hang me then, dont be Billy big balls and do nothing, I stand by my methods.

Do you think I am lying? If so dont tippy toe around it buttercup

Hang me then, dont be Billy big balls and do nothing, I stand by my methods.

Do you think I am lying? If so dont tippy toe around it buttercup

I think you've made a play. I think you've now switched that play round in the other direction entirely, straight after a game mechanic switched things up too. But if you scream from the roof tops, "LYNCH ME!", you can't be shocked when the topic of whether or not to lynch you dominates a day where typically its blind guesswork.

I think you've made a play. I think you've now switched that play round in the other direction entirely, straight after a game mechanic switched things up too. But if you scream from the roof tops, "LYNCH ME!", you can't be shocked when the topic of whether or not to lynch you dominates a day where typically its blind guesswork.

Im shocked people wanna lynch me after screaming to be lynched.

If someone else did that I wouldnt give them what they want cupcake.

And by the way Katie, if that is your real name, I didnt switch the play......it was the play all along.

So, balls out of the bath, do you think im full of it, yes or no

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote:
    Its day one, nothing has happened yet bar the spliting of the group into the cool gang and the dweebs (Taco Island is obviously the cool gang).

That much we agree on at least :pac: (Us being the cool gang)

Balls out on the table then Isla, I'm currently voting for you as I think you're a wolf who is content with thread derailment.

The working on your own shtick? Tried it in past games, don't work unless you're an SK and even then you need to build up trust within the village for them to go with your reads.

12 players on this island. I'd harbour a guess at max there's three wolves in that bunch.

So going off against the grain in an effort to produce results does nothing but sow distrust amongst the (likely) 9 goodies.

I mean, you do you and all but that's my take on it. We need to function as a unit who currently have the upperhand and majority over the wolves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement