Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Tacano

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

isla preferences added.

|isla|conor|derry |katie|tegan|brendan|desmond|riona|doris|abigil|henry|Holly
    desmond|1|1|1|-1|-1|-1||||||
    henry||-1|1||1|0|-1|1|-1|||
    conor|1|||1||-1|-1|1||-1||
    holly|-1|1|-1|||-1|1||||1|
    derry|||||1|-1|-1||||1|
    riona|1|1|1|||-1|-1||-1|||
    katie|1|1|-1||||1|-1||||
    tegan|-1||1||||-1|1|||1|
    isla||1|||||1|1||||
    brendan||||||||||||
    doris||||||||||||
    abigail||||||||||||
    |2|4|2|0|1|-5|-2|3|-2|-1|3|0

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    That much we agree on at least :pac: (Us being the cool gang)

Balls out on the table then Isla, I'm currently voting for you as I think you're a wolf who is content with thread derailment.

The working on your own shtick? Tried it in past games, don't work unless you're an SK and even then you need to build up trust within the village for them to go with your reads.

12 players on this island. I'd harbour a guess at max there's three wolves in that bunch.

So going off against the grain in an effort to produce results does nothing but sow distrust amongst the (likely) 9 goodies.

I mean, you do you and all but that's my take on it. We need to function as a unit who currently have the upperhand and majority over the wolves.

Thread derailment? Derailed from what? Your music videos, fluffy comments or the blind leading the blind thought process.

Get real

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    And by the way Katie, if that is your real name, I didnt switch the play......it was the play all along.

So, balls out of the bath, do you think im full of it, yes or no

Can we please stop bringing up baths? The jello bath keeps coming back into my head :(.

Isla does have a point though Katie. Assuming it was their plan all along they've hardly switched the play. They are just continuing the play.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I'm probably going to regret this and in doing so draw heat on myself but im going to directly respond to all 3 of the people who put me on their bad FFAs

Henry: Lot of info in her first post in this thread, seemed like she was hunting the T-Rex (are we assuming they are the SK?)
    Conor: as mentioned previously by others - overly helpful/informative
    Tegan: I genied

Henry: This is the second thread, it is not odd to have a lot to say when we are 500+ posts deep and is it not better to actually have something to say instead of just posting for the sake of it., and personally I did not see many people suggesting they were they SK beyond yourself but the exact post your mentioning said the T-Rex for example as that was one Dino mentioned in the OP as beeing on this island. Heaven forbid a villager would think it handy to note that potentially the most powerful of all the dinosaurs would be in a certain group of posters.
    taking note of who is here as later it might help us spot who is the T-Rex (assuming it has to be someone who was brought to this Island) for example. I would also think that its less likely a game that has seemingly been really well planned out would split triceratops and its handler up so the handler is probably amongst us too.

Conor: Being helpful and informative is weak as a reason someone is a wolf. I guess I did not actually post anything wolfie

Tegan: It was pointed out that I was one of several people you threw shade on, my problem I responded. Even posting shortly after you listed people who had yet to post in this thread does not alone equal wolfie. Maybe if I was a low posting person overall or if you or anyone were saying I needed to show to explain anything wolfie I had done but nope!

No substance in any of them, but im rising to the top of FFAs. That is bandwaggoning Isla not people putting you on the list because you were acting erratic on day 1 when we dont have much to go on and asking to be lynched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

That much we agree on at least :pac: (Us being the cool gang)

Balls out on the table then Isla, I'm currently voting for you as I think you're a wolf who is content with thread derailment.

The working on your own shtick? Tried it in past games, don't work unless you're an SK and even then you need to build up trust within the village for them to go with your reads.

12 players on this island. I'd harbour a guess at max there's three wolves in that bunch.

So going off against the grain in an effort to produce results does nothing but sow distrust amongst the (likely) 9 goodies.

I mean, you do you and all but that's my take on it. We need to function as a unit who currently have the upperhand and majority over the wolves.

Yeah, pretty much my stance too right now.

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty much my stance too right now.

So you also think Im a wolf based off what? Derailing a thread that was 90 fluff?

Poor rationle.

Would a wolf or an sk be so brazen, get your tunnelling paranoid minds back to reality.

Fact is i derailed nothing, i got people talking and reacting on day zero.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Isla WW wrote:
    Thread derailment? Derailed from what? Your music videos, fluffy comments or the blind leading the blind thought process.

So if you're a villager work with us then instead of this maverick shtick that is more likely to get you lynched than produce results.

What's wrong with the thought process? We're at least drawing discussion from the majority of players involved on this thread.

It might be blind but that's the scenario we have at the moment. If you know more than us, maybe cut the act and tell us and help us rather than this 'go it alone' attitude.

I tried that yesterday for people to get involved and give their take on the Starter Pack/OP and a few responded but too many were happy to not post their thoughts (probably cos either they're a wolf or fear of an early death).

And yeah you are derailing. You made this about you, all this crap about Isla De Tective and Lynch me on day bloody 0 is going to draw a huge amount of attention so if you're a villager, then stop and let's try and work things out so we don't mislynch tonight.

If I was a wolf Id be better off silent or keeping myself to myself, not looking for reactions.

Isla has more work to do before closing this case, members of the public are hindering my investigation

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

So you also think Im a wolf based off what? Derailing a thread that was 90 fluff?

Poor rationle.

Would a wolf or an sk be so brazen, get your tunnelling paranoid minds back to reality.

Fact is i derailed nothing, i got people talking and reacting on day zero.

I'm not sure if you're a wolf.

I don't have bugger all of a read on anyone.

I know you spent all day yesterday screaming you wanted to be lynched. Which is grand, if its a play.

My fear is you made a play yesterday, the group got split in two, and for some reason, you lost your nerve with the play, and have shifted tactics drastically.

If its a play, you need to be presenting strong evidence it paid off, or giving us a strong reason to throw our votes elsewhere. If its a play, surely you knew the risk of spending the first day begging to be killed?

Day 1 is 99 times out of 100 a villager mislynch.

I am working with the village....... should i tell the village my plans first.

Hey village, im gonna scream to be lynched to draw reactions and see what happens. Should I do this instead or play to the fluffy formula day zero usually generates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Mod Note

All players must vote in the lynch

You may not vote for yourself

I know you spent all day yesterday screaming you wanted to be lynched. Which is grand, if its a play.

My fear is you made a play yesterday, the group got split in two, and for some reason, you lost your nerve with the play, and have shifted tactics drastically.

If its a play, you need to be presenting strong evidence it paid off, or giving us a strong reason to throw our votes elsewhere. If its a play, surely you knew the risk of spending the first day begging to be killed?

A fine, but incorrect theory.

Detective Isla never loses their nerve. NEVER

Ive a pocket full of aces

My play wasnt gonna deliver immediate dividends. Its not 100 percent accurate in bagging a bad guy. But it gave us a talking point, it gave us reactions and a place for me to start my own personal investigation.

I trust no one, i trust myself and my gut and ill play my game as i see fit, just like everyone else

Isla WW wrote:

I'd like to see cold hard stats on my desk by 9am tomorrow to back this up detective! :pac:
    Isla WW wrote:

Seeing as your plans have put you front and centre, detective... I'd say the hand you're playing right now is a busted flush ;)

Hey village, im gonna scream to be lynched to draw reactions and see what happens. Should I do this instead or play to the fluffy formula day zero usually generates.

Honestly I don't have a clue if you are a villager or a wolf. I don't think it is a particularily wolfie ploy but did not mind lynching you too much if you wanted it as I think someone has gotten themselves lynched intentionally before because it was their role and helped the village.

However I do find it odd that you would act so erratically and ask to be lynched somewhat derailing the thread and then think people are bandwaggoning you by considering lynching you on Day 1 when they have little else to go on. You must have anticipated throwing yourself into the limelight like that could lead to such a response.

I'd like to see cold hard stats on my desk by 9am tomorrow to back this up detective! :pac:

Seeing as your plans have put you front and centre, detective... I'd say the hand you're playing right now is a busted flush ;)

I play the long game Slick

My play wasnt gonna deliver immediate dividends. Its not 100 percent accurate in bagging a bad guy. But it gave us a talking point, it gave us reactions and a place for me to start my own personal investigation.

I trust no one, i trust myself and my gut and ill play my game as i see fit, just like everyone else

Does give you a place to start your investigation but you do seem to be a candidate for having a very short investigation so I'd suggest you might need to get a move on lest your investigation is not complete by lynch time.

I play the long game Slick

The long game, unless you are lynched this evening that is.

Ok another accusation of derailing a thread

You call it derailing, i call it creating conversation

You call yourself Riona,

I call you Wolfback McHairyhands

Brendan WW wrote: »
    The long game, unless you are lynched this evening that is.

This isnt my first time gambling sweetcheeks

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote:

I understand this POV, I do. I get it. That's how I used to play to.

But the majority of players are good, that's true of any game. Only a minority are evil.

So unless people give you a reason, would it not make more sense to treat everyone as good until they do something to put doubt in your mind about that.

I'll be honest here, I'm thrown a bit by last night. Was pretty sure I had good starting points and all of that is kind of erased and we are all back to square one now.

So everything needs to be assessed again.

Ok another accusation of derailing a thread

You call it derailing, i call it creating conversation

You call yourself Riona,

I call you Wolfback McHairyhands

Okay Isla neglect the actual point. Did you not expect the response you got? How is that bandwaggoning against you. I don't have a clue which side your on but I don't like your style. what I mean by that is I don't expect you to really respond to a well thought out post but instead say something about being a detective on the case and make an accusation against someone else. I'd really prefer to be discussing someone else but all the potential task talk or talk of who the teams may be based off the welcome pack dried up and in its place we have Isla talk.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm probably going to regret this and in doing so draw heat on myself but im going to directly respond to all 3 of the people who put me on their bad FFAs

Henry: Lot of info in her first post in this thread, seemed like she was hunting the T-Rex (are we assuming they are the SK?)

Henry: This is the second thread, it is not odd to have a lot to say when we are 500+ posts deep and is it not better to actually have something to say instead of just posting for the sake of it., and personally I did not see many people suggesting they were they SK beyond yourself but the exact post your mentioning said the T-Rex for example as that was one Dino mentioned in the OP as beeing on this island. Heaven forbid a villager would think it handy to note that potentially the most powerful of all the dinosaurs would be in a certain group of posters.

Conor: Being helpful and informative is weak as a reason someone is a wolf. I guess I did not actually post anything wolfie

Tegan: It was pointed out that I was one of several people you threw shade on, my problem I responded. Even posting shortly after you listed people who had yet to post in this thread does not alone equal wolfie. Maybe if I was a low posting person overall or if you or anyone were saying I needed to show to explain anything wolfie I had done but nope!

No substance in any of them, but im rising to the top of FFAs. That is bandwaggoning Isla not people putting you on the list because you were acting erratic on day 1 when we dont have much to go on and asking to be lynched.

Lets be honest, is there substance in any ffa? Its d1. I will take your comments on board though. At least you have reacted, which is what we want to see

Sidebar; The cool island has nearly double the other silly places posts and we have one less player.

Take that Sorna you like of jerkfaces :pac:

Desmond WW wrote:
    Take that Sorna you island of jerkfaces

:( stupid auto correct

Well I may be the Detective Isla, but the self appointed Sheriff, Desmond that is, has his mind made up, Deputy Katie seems to agree. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on my methods. I’ve made my play, minds have been made up.

If you think Im a brazen Serial Killa or a Wolf hell bent on putting a target on my own back, then that’s fine. I understand paranoia is rife her on Taco Island.

Ill take a back seat for now, don’t wanna be accused of derailing more of this thread. Ive given my side and I will continue to conduct my own internal investigation.

So I will continue to speak my mind on what I see.

Outside of my Taco Island case, I still feel Eva is a wolfy dog of some sorts, though they are someone elses problem for now.

Godspeed Sheriff Desmond. You’d be wise to see things from my point of view. As a man who likes conversion, Im surprised by your “derailment” talk.

Ill say no more on the matter, lynch me if you want. If you want my input just ask, as I will be observing rather than repeating my stance on my methods.

Im gonna go back to my office and have a whiskey sour, dont worry i wont drink too much, i still wanna see straight later

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Riona WW wrote: »

Your reaction to me was also suspicious for me. As Henry said - there is very little to go on day one. I was called out for being confused, and I asked how it was any different to you being confused earlier on in the thread, with the exception of you being helpful in your confused post, whereas it took me until my next post to provide any information, and then as a follow up from Des.

As I have said before - I spent time going thru last nights thread, so my analysis was wasted as they’re not even here now!

I think we’re all just getting a bit ahead of ourselves as we have nothing whatsoever to go on, bar Isla and Her weird posting, and people getting defensive when asked questions.

I am 100% happy to answer any questions that anybody has about any of my posts, if anything needs clarification.

I understand this POV, I do. I get it. That's how I used to play to.

But the majority of players are good, that's true of any game. Only a minority are evil.

So unless people give you a reason, would it not make more sense to treat everyone as good until they do something to put doubt in your mind about that.

I'll be honest here, I'm thrown a bit by last night. Was pretty sure I had good starting points and all of that is kind of erased and we are all back to square one now.

So everything needs to be assessed again.

I appreciate the thoughts.

You can always join me for a whiskey. I feel you and i arent so different.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Sidebar; The cool island has nearly double the other silly places posts and we have one less player.

Take that Sorna you like of jerkfaces :pac:

More doesn't mean better :cool:

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote:
    If you think Im a brazen Serial Killa or a Wolf hell bent on putting a target on my own back, then that’s fine. I understand paranoia is rife her on Taco Island.

Brazen SK is my bet if not a misguided villager.

I could see it as a great play. Ask to be lynched then put it down to reaction gauging.

Survive being lynched d1 (when as you yourself said 99 times out of 100 a villager is lynched d1) and coast for a good few days on that basis.

Thing is, I think it's in you Isla to be that bold and brazen to attempt it so as much as I want to I can't rule it out.

As for the rest, I've kept as open minded as I possibly can. Why is Derry not in your wolf list btw?

You yourself said last night in agreement with Liam that he was Lock of the Week......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement