Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Tacano

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I think it would be crazy to lynch Isla. Why on earth would a wolf play in any way erratic on day 0 or day 1 when people are looking for anything to lynch on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Brazen SK is my bet if not a misguided villager.

I could see it as a great play. Ask to be lynched then put it down to reaction gauging.

Survive being lynched d1 (when as you yourself said 99 times out of 100 a villager is lynched d1) and coast for a good few days on that basis.

Thing is, I think it's in you Isla to be that bold and brazen to attempt it so as much as I want to I can't rule it out.

As for the rest, I've kept as open minded as I possibly can. Why is Derry not in your wolf list btw?

You yourself said last night in agreement with Liam that he was Lock of the Week......

Its just too risky. I don't buy the super-clever wolf play.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    I think it would be crazy to lynch Isla. Why on earth would a wolf play in any way erratic on day 0 or day 1 when people are looking for anything to lynch on.

Stress this, but I'm open to alternatives.

Have you got one?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Holly WW wrote:
    More doesn't mean better

Yeah but that's self explanatory. We're clearly the cooler island.

So let's here it loud and proud:

SORNA SUCKS!
    SORNA SUCKS!

:pac:

(I'm just playing Sorna, you know I love ya)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I've to lynch soon as I'll be going out.
    Group consensus looks like Isla, but I don't believe it's her/him, so I doubt I'll be voting that way.
    Struggling for alternatives atm though. I might just cast my vote at a non-likely wolf to spread the votes.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Okay Isla neglect the actual point. Did you not expect the response you got? How is that bandwaggoning against you. I don't have a clue which side your on but I don't like your style. what I mean by that is I don't expect you to really respond to a well thought out post but instead say something about being a detective on the case and make an accusation against someone else. I'd really prefer to be discussing someone else but all the potential task talk or talk of who the teams may be based off the welcome pack dried up and in its place we have Isla talk.

Riona, who said I neglected it.

I had no idea what reactions I would get. They can vary.

I may have got no reactions. It all was dependent on who reacted.

Do I know the wolves or an SK or whoever reacted ? no.

But I did get reactions, ones that were quick to think I was tasking it up.

If I really wanted to be lynched, id be more subtle.

I feel some folks who reacted, like Desmond, wants me dead as Im the first folk of taco Island to make a move. Any move, in his eyes, is suspect.

I feel Riona and Conors FFAs to be more telling, I feel these are wolves looking for someone to vote for.

Riona, you claim to not like my style, what style would you preffer?

Would you prefer me to stand by and say nothing? Should I post fluff? There is no reason to judge anyone yet if day zero was to continue to be a haven for music videos, dino gifs and the like.

Whether you agree or not, fact remains that I created a talking point, people reacted. Its more than we ever really have on day 1 with no munch.

The Welcome pack could all be flavour for all we know, at least we are engaging eachother more directly this way.

Brazen SK is my bet if not a misguided villager.

I could see it as a great play. Ask to be lynched then put it down to reaction gauging.

Survive being lynched d1 (when as you yourself said 99 times out of 100 a villager is lynched d1) and coast for a good few days on that basis.

Thing is, I think it's in you Isla to be that bold and brazen to attempt it so as much as I want to I can't rule it out.

As for the rest, I've kept as open minded as I possibly can. Why is Derry not in your wolf list btw?

You yourself said last night in agreement with Liam that he was Lock of the Week......

Hiw would i be misguided?

What defines me as misguided.

Yeah but that's self explanatory. We're clearly the cooler island.

So let's here it loud and proud:

SORNA SUCKS!
    SORNA SUCKS!

:pac:

Lol. Google SORNA. See what the first result is. I think it's a good thing :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I've to lynch soon as I'll be going out.
    Group consensus looks like Isla, but I don't believe it's her/him, so I doubt I'll be voting that way.
    Struggling for alternatives atm though. I might just cast my vote at a non-likely wolf to spread the votes.

Good news Connor, your post is no longer the most suspicious "I'm a stupid villager" post :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

trying to move the focus away from Isla so starting off with some of the lower level posters

Abigail: only made 2 posts in this new thread, couple of hours apart, both saying she didn't have enough reasons for voting for 3 either way

Holly: not much of note, 5 posts in this thread, did an FFA - not a fan of Henry it'd seem

Doris: 11 posts in this thread and seemingly 0 about other posters, all about the game, the rules, the new island etc

btw to the 2 who responded to me having FFAd me, I actually appreciate those responses and understand them. We dont have a lot to go off considering it's day 1 on that I agree. In fact I would hazard a guess that if people put up FFAs again they might change a good bit but if I see flimsy reasoning for my inclusion on one like cos I am helpful or gave a lot of info in a post I will always respond even if maybe I should let some stuff slip by

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote:
    I've to lynch soon as I'll be going out. Group consensus looks like Isla, but I don't believe it's her/him, so I doubt I'll be voting that way. Struggling for alternatives atm though. I might just cast my vote at a non-likely wolf to spread the votes.

Sure vote for me, and I'll steer the wagon onto you for the lols in your absence :pac:

Jokes aside if you don't think it's Isla, at least vote for someone you think is a wolf rather than someone you think is a villager....

Isla WW wrote:
    What defines me as misguided.

Misguided on the basis that you're trying to do this solo as opposed to trying to work with us :/

But that's more a playstyle comment than an actual read tbf so I'm not taking that into account.

Riona WW wrote:
    Doris: 11 posts in this thread and seemingly 0 about other posters, all about the game, the rules, the new island etc

Oh this is interesting.

I need to fact check your case but this could be a genuine find.

Won't be at the laptop till s
    7pm though.

Can you quote Doris' posts please?

A few mech questions is grand but if that's all they refer to then it's certainly something to look into.

Oh this is interesting.

I need to fact check your case but this could be a genuine find.

Won't be at the laptop till s
    7pm though.

Can you quote Doris' posts please?

A few mech questions is grand but if that's all they refer to then it's certainly something to look into.

Well since then she has made two about Isla but then again a lot of the conversation has been Isla related.

Riona WW wrote:
    Well since then she has made two about Isla but then again a lot of the conversation has been Isla related.

You're gonna make me re read the thread on mobile aren't you :(

Misguided on the basis that you're trying to do this solo as opposed to trying to work with us :/

But that's more a playstyle comment than an actual read tbf so I'm not taking that into account.

Well what can i do, i am alone. I trust no one here.

At least Ive contributed, whether you agree with it or not, its generated conversation where there really was none outside if discussing the op

You're gonna make me re read the thread on mobile aren't you :(

No but give me time. I was looking through Henry's (nothing stood out so far) and im not the fastest at this sleuthing business

Plus I actually just got Holly and Doris mixed up (sorry ladies) it was Holly just posting about Isla. looking to quote stuff now for you. I'm slow I know

Isla WW wrote:
    At least Ive contributed, whether you agree with it or not, its generated conversation where there really was none outside if discussing the op

Ok fair enough, we've crossed swords enough for now I think anyways.

What do you make of Rionas comments re: Doris?

If as she says most of her content thus far is mechanics talk then that would be an interesting observation would you think?

Ok fair enough, we've crossed swords enough for now I think anyways.

What do you make of Rionas comments re: Doris?

If as she says most of her content thus far is mechanics talk then that would be an interesting observation would you think?

On mobile, but i will view them for myself first.

Wolves on day 0 or 1 usually keep their head down unless tasking, whether thats Doris I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

#NewFFA1

Wolf Top Three
    Henry - his FFA seemed to be casting suspicion on people for not much. I realise we are early on but his stood out more than most for this.

Abigail - main post in the main thread is looking at percentage of total post counts and saying that there's not much to go on. There isn't much to go on she's right but there haven't been too many posts today and she could've engaged with other people's FFAs a bit but did not.

Derry - not too convinced by Liam's theory on the main island and think Derry defended it well. I'm slightly worried that Derry was in quickly to point out Henry's flaw in his reasoning against me. Now he could be being a helpful person but I wonder if he's trying to curry favour with me. So tentatively on the list now.

Village Top Three
    Desmond
    Katie
    Isla

1 post about Isla now that I look at it and tbh they are mostly from page 1 but still these are hers from this thread as asked for, not that I want to look too helpful

Doris WW wrote: »
    want-to-be-where-the-tacos-are-27566789.png
    Mods haven't said otherwise so I assume lynch is still at 9.

The issue I have with lynching Isla is - would a wolf play a move like that?
    We need to agree on the FFA / New FFA / No FFA and set a time for them to be in by.

I never find early FFA's useful so I would be up for trying the New FFA or doing no FFA until tomorrow when we have a bit more to go on.

Whatever we decide I think they should all be in by 6 so we can discuss. Is there anyone available to collect them?
    Has anyone played a game like this before where the players got split?

Henry - i actually see your point re following the other thread so we know who to look out for when we go back to the mainland. Just be hard not to follow both at the same time and not get confused.
    very carefully and with a strong rope!

Still awaiting confirmation - they lure us in with Jello and then take it away!

They are the others! We are more important :P
    I would say we are allowed to read it but not discuss it. Not sure if it is a good idea to follow it though as it means reading more posts, we should just focus on the posts here, find the wolves and get back to the main island.
    According to the welcome pack Triceratops are preyed on by T-Rex's - so they could do the job for us!
    But I wonder how that would work - hardly unlikely to be any action until Wednesday / Thursday?
    i think we should go read the welcome pack to see what we can learn from it about our new island.

Also think we should go here tonight:

JurassicPark_800x423-ab3cf08510.jpg
    I wonder if our accommodation is a nice here! I personally feel we need upgraded to suites for the inconvenience!

Isla WW wrote:
    Wolves on day 0 or 1 usually keep their head down unless tasking, whether thats Doris I don't know

Agreed and mechanics talk is a way to stay under the radar. Imo anyways.

Given the 5 post min it would be a smart way to keep head above water while looking like a helpful soul.

But yeah I'm gonna need to re read myself to see if that's the case.

Riona WW wrote:
    1 post about Isla now that I look at it and tbh they are mostly from page 1 but still these are hers from this thread as asked for, not that I want to look too helpful

Ok Riona I'm not gonna jump the gun here but to me that reads as a wolf unsure what to contribute so focusing on talk about mechanics :/

You might be onto something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Desmond WW wrote:
    SORNA SUCKS! SORNA SUCKS!

Desmond WW wrote:

They're probably not offended on account of the rules that say pay no mind to the goings on on the other island :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Isla Sorna are my spirit animal, so i take offense on their behalf.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    #NewFFA1

Abigail - main post in the main thread is looking at percentage of total post counts and saying that there's not much to go on. There isn't much to go on she's right but there haven't been too many posts today and she could've engaged with other people's FFAs a bit but did not.

That's fair enough. But I've better things to be doing with my time than participating in wild speculation on Day 1....assuming hidden messages in posts or coming up with wild theories.

Pter wrote:
    Isla Sorna are my spirit animal, so i take offense on their behalf.

S'pose I'll change my original comments then to...

Pter SUCKS! :pac:

Abigail WW wrote:
    That's fair enough. But I've better things to be doing with my time than participating in wild speculation on Day 1....assuming hidden messages in posts or coming up with wild theories.

Why Only Like Fridays?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

S'pose I'll change my original comments then to...

Pter SUCKS! :pac:

Its funny; Sorna are saying the same thing.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement