Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Sorna

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    If this is your attempt to shake my tree it's failing. Can you point to a single thing today that I've done that was wolfy? Havng a ****ty FFA doesn't count seeing as everyone's FFA's are ****ty with crap reasons today. It is day one. Also putting you on my FFA is also not a reason as I had more of a reason to put you on my FFA than anyone else (apart from Jake and Clodagh).

I love the "you got nothing" defence

ok, your last post on Nublar first at 10.15
    Helloooooo? Anyone here? Where did everyone go?

No munch is weird. Did wolf teams fail a task or something?

wolves like to tell everyone how confusing it all is, especially around munch time

Without knowing how many wolf teams there are or how many are on each team it's hard to guess how many there could be among us. 3 seems like a good call though. of there are 2 wolf teams maybe it's one team per island? 3/13 is decent odds right? I'm bad at odds.

So should we try an FFA? Or any other suggestions?
    confused wolf again
    Right so out of who we have on this island this is the current state of play:

User Name |Posts
    Clodagh WW |11
    Eva WW |29
    Liam WW |22
    Orla WW |18
    Gertrude WW |15
    Gabriel WW |14
    Fiona WW |7
    Nigel WW |7
    Ewan WW |6
    Jake WW |5
    Mary WW |4
    Angus WW |1

Steve hasn't posted I don't think.

helpful wolf
    so while we're here are we assuming 2 wolf munches and 2 lynches each day? this game could be over ridiculously quick.

helpful wolf
    I dont think anyone was. So either the wolves didn't do a task or there was never gonna be a munch and it was a NPC that was offed.

less confused wolf - like you've figured it out
    I floated the FFA idea earlier but I think Clodagh shot it down. I don't think Eva was that pushed on it either but at least suggested we make a decision at lunchtime. Haven't seen her around since then.

We have to do something otherwise it'll be a mess in the lynch which the wolves can use to their advantage.
    Either we're doing an FFA or we're racing 2 people off against each other. But with no clear suspicions at the moment I'm clueless as to who to race. I'd at least be able to put a few names on a list for an ffa, no matter how shakey my reasonings.

Did anyone shoot it down? this was my comment, which I would have said approved of FFA
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Tricky to know what to do here. If kill rate is high we have a problem since at this early stage lynched on both islands are more likely to hurt us than the wolves. I’m a fan of ffa from early on but not sure how it will work in a split game format. Lets make a call by lunchtime with a view to running with a strategy for early evening

Ok I clearly picked this up as more aggressive than you meant it. Sorry bout that.

So an FFA then? It'll give us something to go on. I can collate them later on if we agree on a time (I should be fine for 7pm).

conciliatory wolf

Then we get to the mess on FFA....

where is the wolf hunting wolf I wonder?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Been keeping tabs on thread and haven’t had chance to weigh In yet. Anybody running with this Clodagh task thing needs to explain why Alan, a goodie in the movie , would be in a task for a baddy.

Whatever about first day feeling out and not having much to go on, why would any reference to a goody equate to a villain task? Are there no games were goodies do tasks? How likely is it that it was a spelling error? Given this I think it’s a wafer thin reason to go after somebody.

Early doors there are several tactics a wolf can use to blend in. One of them is rustling bushes or rattling prams or whatever you call it. One of them is keeping quiet. I generally post way more fluff but haven’t had the time to be honest and this Island split is a bit different.

I don’t normally do FFAs but here’s mine

FFA#

1. Nigel - voting for me with poor reasoning. Not alone on that granted but He insinuated haven’t added much in my posts. Both my posts are trying to make sense of the new island and nobody responded. They aren’t fluff and are relevant because I even went so far as to suggest I think we might be back on mainland tomorrow and why I think it.

2. Gabriel Going after Clodagh hard based on a task name that’s a goody from
    The movie. Despite the weak nature of the task idea it’s a goodys name so the aggressive nature of the target is shady

3 Fiona - token fu**k you for picking me out

I voted Nigel but sort of want to choose Gabriel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Given all that about Ewan and his recent flip flop on Clodagh and given Clodaghs apparent begging for one nights stay of execution should we seriously think about lynching Clodagh?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    So I am up for lynch. Because of a typo? All I can say is screw you oneplus.

Anyway, I am 100% human and on the side of the village. I really think you need to think long and hard before putting a vote in for me. If you think I am still top of the FFA tomorrow, then lynch me. But I think it is a bad idea tonight.

Why does tonight or tomorrow matter? what will you be able to offer in your defence in the next 24 hours that you cant now?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

FFA

Jake
    Ewan
    Orla

I don't believe for a second that Jake is some newb who has no idea whats going on. The manner of his posting seems cold and calculated and hes doing everything in his power to be as anti-village as he can possibly be. he hasn't made a single read on anyone on the island. His Nigel stance "was a joke" but he has no thoughts on the people who are calling him out for it. He only pops up when his name is mentioned. Hows the feels in wolf chat Jake ?

Ewan wasn't on my radar at all until Eva's FFA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kgs8zpS3F0

Orla - I'm very sceptical of the roar thing. I was on the same wavelength as Nigel though coming at it from different angles. If there is a lost wolf mechanic, the roar is a great way of trying to locate that wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Given all that about Ewan and his recent flip flop on Clodagh and given Clodaghs apparent begging for one nights stay of execution should we seriously think about lynching Clodagh?

Begging? I hardly think so. Just think there are better candidates out there. I have made one post on it, that was it.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Why does tonight or tomorrow matter? what will you be able to offer in your defence in the next 24 hours that you cant now?

You might come to your senses and realise you can't hang someone for a type maybe? such a lame reason and makes you very suss Eva

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

ewan aint a bad shout either. i'm leaning towards those 2. and gabriel, for jumping on clodagh.

i think a goodie would spot the alan and think goodie dropping a hint, and ignore it on thread. a baddie, not so much.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Can you not look at those from the point of view of a villager? Confused villager, helpful villager, conciliatory villager?
    Why weren't you confused at 10am then? Cos you knew exactly what was going on from the backrooms?
    What mess on FFA? Coz you asked me a question and I answered it? Would it have looked more wolfy to you if I had ignored your question? I can't win.

Jesus christ lads at this point either you or Nigel have to be a wolf. Cos you can't both have just randomly decided to bite at me at the same time. It would be madness for wolfmates to both jump at once. So one is leading, the other sees a soft target and is jumping on. Nice work.

Steve WW wrote: »
    ewan aint a bad shout either. i'm leaning towards those 2. and gabriel, for jumping on clodagh.

i think a goodie would spot the alan and think goodie dropping a hint, and ignore it on thread. a baddie, not so much.

So a group of baddies doing a task and not one of them could come to the conclusion you have on your own?

Mary WW wrote: »
    Been keeping tabs on thread and haven’t had chance to weigh In yet. Anybody running with this Clodagh task thing needs to explain why Alan, a goodie in the movie , would be in a task for a baddy.

Whatever about first day feeling out and not having much to go on, why would any reference to a goody equate to a villain task? Are there no games were goodies do tasks? How likely is it that it was a spelling error? Given this I think it’s a wafer thin reason to go after somebody.

Early doors there are several tactics a wolf can use to blend in. One of them is rustling bushes or rattling prams or whatever you call it. One of them is keeping quiet. I generally post way more fluff but haven’t had the time to be honest and this Island split is a bit different.

I don’t normally do FFAs but here’s mine

FFA#

1. Nigel - voting for me with poor reasoning. Not alone on that granted but He insinuated haven’t added much in my posts. Both my posts are trying to make sense of the new island and nobody responded. They aren’t fluff and are relevant because I even went so far as to suggest I think we might be back on mainland tomorrow and why I think it.

2. Gabriel Going after Clodagh hard based on a task name that’s a goody from
    The movie. Despite the weak nature of the task idea it’s a goodys name so the aggressive nature of the target is shady

3 Fiona - token fu**k you for picking me out

I voted Nigel but sort of want to choose Gabriel.

Hey Mary you posted this yesterday

"Anybody thank a post or read their own post and forget they wrote it?

I was thinking Mary was trying to get her post count up and cosy up to Henry."

how many of your own posts did you end up thanking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pter wrote: »
    Approx 1 hour to end of voting. 5 people have voted from Sorna. Vote now and vote often. Keep Duffman busy.
    You can ignore the vote often piece, once is perfect :)
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Is Duffman sober?
    Pter wrote: »
    I refuse to answer that question on the basis of its own ridiculousness.

I can confirm I havent touched a drop in 33 hours and 26 minutes. Its a dry spell :cool:

Can you not look at those from the point of view of a villager? Confused villager, helpful villager, conciliatory villager?
    Why weren't you confused at 10am then? Cos you knew exactly what was going on from the backrooms?
    What mess on FFA? Coz you asked me a question and I answered it? Would it have looked more wolfy to you if I had ignored your question? I can't win.

Jesus christ lads at this point either you or Nigel have to be a wolf. Cos you can't both have just randomly decided to bite at me at the same time. It would be madness for wolfmates to both jump at once. So one is leading, the other sees a soft target and is jumping on. Nice work.

They might have tried to take a nibble, but you decided to take a CHOMP back.

Hey Mary you posted this yesterday

"Anybody thank a post or read their own post and forget they wrote it?

I was thinking Mary was trying to get her post count up and cosy up to Henry."

how many of your own posts did you end up thanking

“Or read their own posts”. Yes once or twice I read my own posts and forgot it was me. But good man for misinterpreting it....

You have my vote ....

So a group of baddies doing a task and not one of them could come to the conclusion you have on your own?

or 1 baddie, or a typo (though i cant see how).

maybe gabriel is new wolf and rushed to post his theory before he conferred. i dunno, but also dont know what point you're trying to make here

“Or read their own posts”. Yes once or twice I read my own posts and forgot it was me. But good man for misinterpreting it....

You have my vote ....

Also you said you posted no fluff but also read Marys posts as trying to up her own post count :pac:

You have my vote ....

I also directly quoted your post so how am I misrepresenting you?

This talk about Mary, talking about Mary, reading up on Mary, thanking Mary is confusing.

Is there something about Mary ?

maybe gabriel is new wolf and rushed to post his theory before he conferred. i dunno, but also dont know what point you're trying to make here

I think I misinterpreted your post. What did you mean about a goodie spotting the Alan thing and a baddy not seeing it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Are we forgetting about Angus then?

I also directly quoted your post so how am I misrepresenting you?

You asked how many of my posts I thanked. I didn’t thank any of them , I’m not sure what you are insinuating.... it’s like you are saying something that’s just nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Updated FFA tally:
    Player|Vote1|Vote2|Vote3
    Orla|Fiona|Clodagh|Gertrude
    Clodagh|Gabriel|Nigel
    Gabriel|Clodagh|Jake
    Ewan|Eva|Jake|Clodagh
    Fiona|Mary|Nigel|Steve
    Eva|Fiona|Liam|Clodagh
    Nigel|Mary|Clodagh
    Mary|Nigel|Gabriel|Fiona
    Liam|Jake|Ewan|Orla

Clodagh – 5 votes (think I added clodagh’s own FFA as one of the votes for her the last time. My bad)
    Fiona – 3 votes
    Nigel – 3 votes
    Jake – 3 votes
    Mary – 2 votes
    Gabriel – 2 votes
    Gertrude – 1 vote
    Eva – 1 vote
    Steve – 1 vote
    Liam – 1 vote
    Ewan – 1 vote
    Orla – 1 vote

I think I misinterpreted your post. What did you mean about a goodie spotting the Alan thing and a baddy not seeing it?

a goodie wouldnt bring it up on thread if it was a goodie task.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Look folks, I am not a wolf. I am Tim Murphy. Kind of why I was banging on about Jello and I made a post in the original thread to lay who I was.

For those not familiar with the film, I am one of the kids.
    I don't appear to do anything, not sure why I have a name. But that is about the size of it.

Team village, change your vote. wolves, munch me if you want if it gives the seer another night.

Im looking out for a number of key words from the films to do with Raptors. I've a theory. That's all. The word Alan was one of them because of the ridiculous and well known, mocked and meme scene.

We find out in time i suppose.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Are we forgetting about Angus then?

He has no posts. He's self-resolving.

Look folks, I am not a wolf. I am Tim Murphy. Kind of why I was banging on about Jello and I made a post in the original thread to lay who I was.

I don't appear to do anything, not sure why I have a name. But that is about the size of it.

Team village, change your vote. wolves, munch me if you want if it gives the seer another night.

what post number?

as 1 of the main characters, i'll buy that, cos if lying there may be a counter claim

Liam WW wrote: »
    He has no posts. He's self-resolving.

But if he votes and doesnt have 5 posts in, does his vote count?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Right folks, I'm just not seeing that Alan thing with Clodagh as any more than a typo. Apologies village if she turns out to be a wolf. I know some of you have genuine concerns about her, like Gabriel, but I think Clodagh will be an easy lynch for either lazy villagers or blending wolves.

I've outlined my concerns about Angus today, and it's looking like that's the way I'm going to vote for the lynch.

I have slight concerns from Day 0 about Orla's 2 introductory roars, and from today when I felt Gabriel went too hard/long on a likely dead-end with the Clodagh task/typo. Neither of these concerns are enough to warrant a vote right now though, just something to keep in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

NRV are called visitors not Tim Murphy it’s in the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement